STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I extract the juice from celery, broccoli, cucumbers, & carrots mainly. I add a few slices of lemons to add flavor (cause vegetable juice ain't the tastiest thing to drink) and sometimes apples. Sometimes I make different juices adding spinach & tomatoes. I make enough for two days, where I can consume them before they go bad. Make sure to use air tight containers when storing. Water separating is normal.

You ever messed with Chlorella? It's one of those "super foods." It's an algae that I mix in with my juice. Tastes like ****, but from some of the stories I read, it's got some pretty crazy capabilities that isn't much publicized.

My diet has consisted of primarily chicken breasts for the past four years. Trying to implement more vegetables into my meals.

Are you referring to the ab machines found in most gyms?

Like I said before. I started back in the gym from a 7 week hiatus on Monday. Started doing two a days yesterday and what not. After the burn wore off around Wednesday, it's been feeling real good to be back in work out mode. Today I have the intermediate 300 routine a try. Did one full set and did half of a second set (all exercises, but divided the number of reps in half).

Monday

Friday

Going back later tonight for an hour. Since I went every day this week, should I take the weekend off? Especially since I'm just getting back in the swing of things?

Try doing weighted crunches on a decline bench. Just hold a dumbbell or a plate on ur chest and do crunches. Or do weighted cable crunches. I would post a video but I don't know how.

Did snatch-balance excersice for the first time today...lol

Coach only allowed me to use a 24lbs bar until I got my form right, felt so weak!!...but I'll get there, form before weights....I'm not trying to break my back.

Still sore as hell! Ran 2 miles after the crossfit.

Try doing weighted crunches on a decline bench. Just hold a dumbbell or a plate on ur chest and do crunches. Or do weighted cable crunches. I would post a video but I don't know how.
This. Exactly what I meant by weighted ab workouts.

You ever messed with Chlorella? It's one of those "super foods." It's an algae that I mix in with my juice. Tastes like ****, but from some of the stories I read, it's got some pretty crazy capabilities that isn't much publicized.
Never tried, I'll look into it.

Anybody make there own green smoothies? I need some recipes that are healthy as hell but also tastes good

Anybody make there own green smoothies? I need some recipes that are healthy as hell but also tastes good

I always kick start my cuts with a home made juice fast. They're healthy, and I wouldn't say they taste bad but they definitely don't taste good :lol:

I throw in kale, cucumber, celery, apples, oranges, lemon, carrots, broccoli and sometimes add a little ginger.

Since I wasn't able to hit my cheat properly on Wednesday (rotator) and only did flat bench I'm gonna go in and demolish chest with MACHINES today. Do y'all ever do that?

iLLest!

Sometimes I throw machines in on chest day, either to warmup or burnout. To burnout I go with light/medium weight and 3 sets of 10 reps, doing a 10 count on each rep.

I'm gong indoor rock climbing tonight, and gonna go hit chest at the gym in an hour. Bad idea to do both? Figure climbing is probably mostly arms, back and legs, right?

I recently switched to hitting my body parts 2 times a week and I got to say i'm really glad I made the switch. Been seeing new PRs left and right. According to some studies 2 times a week is optimal for naturals(due to protein synthesis only lasting 48 hours tops). I'm on a hybrid push/pull/leg routine.

I think one of the most important pieces of advice I learned a long time ago is that you are your own personal trainer because nobody knows your body and how it responds like you do.
Last year I did this from Feb - April and wound up in the best shape of my (young) life.

For my body, muscle confusion works best.  I can only do the same general "routine" for so long before my body gets bored with it.  I think the key is to change it up.  Rep range, superset, dropset, rest-pause, HIIT/low impact cardio, etc.  Guess it all depends on your specific goals, though.

Since I wasn't able to hit my cheat properly on Wednesday (rotator) and only did flat bench I'm gonna go in and demolish chest with MACHINES today. Do y'all ever do that?

iLLest!

only when i'm out of town and that's all the hotel fitness center carries.

I suggest if you use machines today to increase time-under-tension and use slow negatives. The range of motion is all out of wack with the typical machine, so you gotta mix things up be effective.

Only times I use machines is when I try to burnout my chest.

I start at 10 reps at a heavy weight, then each set go down 1 rep and 1 weight (5-10 pounds) until, I reach 1 reps, then I go back up the ladder to 10 reps. It'll murder your chest.

Btw, you don't rest between sets.

Thanks guys. But do y'all ever do that where if you weren't able to hit something, you take a break for a day and then go back to hit the muscle you couldn't hit?

iLLest!

of course. everything has to be hit eventually. if not that week, then the next. gains arent lost week to week, unless you're working to get in competition shape with the diet, at which point everything can change in a day lol

Thanks guys. But do y'all ever do that where if you weren't able to hit something, you take a break for a day and then go back to hit the muscle you couldn't hit?

iLLest!
Chest is probably one of the slowest recovering muscle. I only work out my chest once a week. Sometimes twice, but it'll be a Monday then a Thursday. I understand you want to improve your chest, but please don't continue to injure yourself in doing so. Taking rest/breaks are part of working out. Especially when you're injured, it's best to recover first. Then again, doesn't sound like that injury wasn't too bad if you're confident in using the machines.

^

I went from once a week chest to 3 days rest inbetween and I feel its better. Its all up to the individual but I do agree sometimes rest is better than battling through a workout.

On a bad note, Friday is company lunch. Had half a donut in the morning (chose the plain cake donut) and for lunch, they got In & Out (took one bun off to reduce the carbs)
mean.gif
sick.gif
Ain't gonna lie, felt like a cheat day, but still gonna kill these Bi's and Tri's after work.

To anyone that's bulking or carb loading.. Just found out my mom adds garlic salt to noodles she makes. Makes them taste a little better than plain buttered or non buttered noodles. Just throwing that out there for anyone interested

Bruhs. Do y'all mess with whole wheat pancakes? I went for a stack today alongside 6 eggs and a chicken breast for my first IF meal. I shoulda not eaten them until my second meal but didn't pay notice.

iLLest!

bruh you have protein powder, make your own pancakes. Remember You can use protein power to cook. I`m gonna cop a cheap waffle iron sooner or later.

and what sz is that fuel band?:nerd:

Bruhs. Do y'all mess with whole wheat pancakes? I went for a stack today alongside 6 eggs and a chicken breast for my first IF meal. I shoulda not eaten them until my second meal but didn't pay notice.

iLLest!

yo iLLest... I am going to start my IF meals next week. one question though... I work out at 6am before work and start teaching classes at 7:30. Basically there is no way to make my post meal 1 of my 2 meals. you think I could just slam down a protein shake post workout and save my first IF meal for lunch? :nerd:

yo iLLest... I am going to start my IF meals next week. one question though... I work out at 6am before work and start teaching classes at 7:30. Basically there is no way to make my post meal 1 of my 2 meals. you think I could just slam down a protein shake post workout and save my first IF meal for lunch? :nerd:

once you intake something with calories your window has begun.

How in the world? lol. But the whole wheat cakes ain't that bad right?
If it's like 11/12 I think it should be coo because hodge twins workout at like 11am and then eat 1/2. in their videos they try to abolish the idea that you have to eat RIGHT after a workout because your bodies still gonna be asking and waiting no matter how long the wait.

iLLest!

pro you need to youtube protein recipies, soooo many desserts you can make with it. I would only eat Pancakes/waffle from a spot like Waffle house or Ihop if I was on a cheat or refeed to maintenance to because I have no way of counting the calories accurately. If you bought some boxed frozen stuff thats easier to count.

Hodgetwins had 4 pancakes as a meal postworkout and they are doing IF, so it aint bad just depends on your goal.

once you intake something with calories your window has begun.

you would reccomend to not down the shake and just wait for lunch?

Back
Top Bottom