STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Speaking of Dumbbells, anyone that works out a commercial gym feel like they re out growing certain aspects of their gym.

Case in point my gym only has DB's that go up to 90, I haven't DB rowed in ages because i can knock out 15 reps + at that weight, Now I'm starting to Shoulder press the 90's

I know that i can do other exercises but 1. I love working with DBs and 2. Doing BB work is sometimes a hassle due to the overcrowding,
I couldn't lift regularly with a place that didn't have at least 100s. 

I don't know how anyone makes gains at places like certain PF where they only go up to like 70.

Last edited:
Tried sumo deadlifts today and it was :smokin for me. I'll drop some weight to perfect the form, and stick to those for a while.

Also, this guy at the gym took all of the 45lb rubber plates and had them around him the whole time he was lifting. Not using them the whole time. I just had to :smh: and laugh it off.

Last edited:
Tried sumo deadlifts today and it was :smokin for me. I'll drop some weight to perfect the form, and stick to those for a while.

Also, this guy at the gym took all of the 45lb rubber plates and had them around him the whole time he was lifting. Not using them the whole time. I just had to :smh: and laugh it off.
Same here man. I was stupid and tried conventional again after I was recommended not to because of my back and form. Threw my low back way off and had to go to chiro today. I'm 6ft so it's better for me and that lockout feels amazing. I just can't lift as much sumo yet which is why I tried conventional. But oh well I'll work my way to it

I have this habit of making my PRs look super easy to the point where I'm asked to put more weight on

And then I completely wipe out the next set lol

Lol, if I'm right..

Sumo shortens the distance the barbell travels vertically

In conventional stance, it travels longer

I believe you should be able to lift more sumo

Lol, if I'm right..

Not me. I lift way less. The feel is different and I feel more glute and leg activation vs conventional

Same here man. I was stupid and tried conventional again after I was recommended not to because of my back and form. Threw my low back way off and had to go to chiro today. I'm 6ft so it's better for me and that lockout feels amazing. I just can't lift as much sumo yet which is why I tried conventional. But oh well I'll work my way to it
Yeah I'm 6'1 and not too flexible, so sumo just feels better to me. Gonna make sure I perfect that form though first. :pimp:

in-laws got a new toy. gonna try it out next week.

Lol, if I'm right..

Totally depends on the person and they're leverages.... how they're built.

Well heading into my final week on candito (old one...that new squat routine he just put out looks like murder...and doesn't make a lot of sense to me since there are no weight amounts given for the pin squats)

Squatted 325 for 3 then 330 for 3 and then 335 for 3. This week i have to do 335 for 3 then 345 for 1-2 before my final go at 355 next week. My goal is still to squat 405 by end of march at under 180lb body weight. My current calculations are at a 1 rep max of 365 so if i can some how get 355 for 3 reps according to candito that makes my new max 387. Which means i can do the program again with that max and be at my 405 goal.

Pulled 455 for 1 after my squat session. Hit 405 for 3 and the weight moved too easy so i was like eff it il add more. My DL 1 rep max is 475 would like to pull 495 one day.

That quartersquat IG is lulz

Well heading into my final week on candito (old one...that new squat routine he just put out looks like murder...and doesn't make a lot of sense to me since there are no weight amounts given for the pin squats)

Squatted 325 for 3 then 330 for 3 and then 335 for 3. This week i have to do 335 for 3 then 345 for 1-2 before my final go at 355 next week. My goal is still to squat 405 by end of march at under 180lb body weight. My current calculations are at a 1 rep max of 365 so if i can some how get 355 for 3 reps according to candito that makes my new max 387. Which means i can do the program again with that max and be at my 405 goal.

Pulled 455 for 1 after my squat session. Hit 405 for 3 and the weight moved too easy so i was like eff it il add more. My DL 1 rep max is 475 would like to pull 495 one day.

That quartersquat IG is lulz
Im gonna assume he wants to use the pin squats as a sort of overload work, so I think you would use 90%-110% of your max.

Fun question:

What are everyone's goals for this year? I know a lot of the dudes posting in here have been at this for awhile, so what are you pushing yourself towards for 2016?

Mine:

I started competing (Men's Physique) last year, took 4th at my first show. Second show I took my class and 2nd overall out of about 130. 9 weeks out from my next show where I'm looking for the overall. The big goal for this year comes in June when I'm going for my pro card in Chicago. Will be competing in both Classic Physique and Men's Physique this year.

What drives y'all?

Back
Top Bottom