STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I don't know what I want to do.
laugh.gif

Story of this lifestyle lol.

I've packed on a good amount of muscle mass over the last year or two after working to get my BF in check before that.  Now I honestly just want to try new things.   Stay athletic.  Get back into boxing.  Try MMA just to get a taste of how grueling it is to train for.  Do a lil martial arts beyond what I did as a kid.  Run more than I do now.  Do hikes, rock climbing, etc.  It's nice to look good physically, but I want to test my limits beyond the gym.  Guess it's just the competitor in me.

Lucky, I feel ya on wanting to add muscle, but honestly I think you have a good frame to just continue to cut BF and be straight as long as you stay consistent lifting.  Don't think you really need a "bulk" at any point, but then again, everyone has different goals and you have to do what you feel works best for you.  Most people have to work to have some of what you already have naturally underneath some of the BF.

:lol:

Story of this lifestyle lol.

I've packed on a good amount of muscle mass over the last year or two after working to get my BF in check before that.  Now I honestly just want to try new things.  Stay athletic.  Get back into boxing.  Try MMA just to get a taste of how grueling it is to train for.  Do a lil martial arts beyond what I did as a kid.  Run more than I do now.  Do hikes, rock climbing, etc.  It's nice to look good physically, but I want to test my limits beyond the gym.  Guess it's just the competitor in me.

Lucky, I feel ya on wanting to add muscle, but honestly I think you have a good frame to just continue to cut BF and be straight as long as you stay consistent lifting.  Don't think you really need a "bulk" at any point, but then again, everyone has different goals and you have to do what you feel works best for you.  Most people have to work to have some of what you already have naturally underneath some of the BF.

of course, when I say bulk I`m not speaking on tryna gain 20lbs, but in order to grow you gotta eat lol. I`m praying I dont have a bad case of Loose skin when I get close to my goal so I`m prob gonna up the calories down the road and shoot for 1lb a week

Can someone point me into the direction of good form vids/sites/channels, got some weights at home I forgot I had so I'ma just lift those til I can get into the gym :lol:

I did a little workout with them last night and wasn't to sure on form.

Can someone point me into the direction of good form vids/sites/channels, got some weights at home I forgot I had so I'ma just lift those til I can get into the gym :lol:

I did a little workout with them last night and wasn't to sure on form.

youtube is a pretty vital resource...utilize it.

i need a new chest routine

bench bar
decline bar
barbell flys
dips

is what i do. i change decline with incline every 4-6 weeks.

As much as I love being in the gym resting for two days and recharging the batteries has me feeling GOOD. Fixing to get in there right now and do some work! Happy Sunday y'all!

just partied tonight, it's funny. there's a big *** dude i never say wassup to at the gym but said wassup to at the club tonight .lol.

iLLest!

hahah this always happened to my in college. See someone from the gym out, next thing you know you're best friends :lol:

i need a new chest routine

bench bar
decline bar
barbell flys
dips

is what i do. i change decline with incline every 4-6 weeks.
Why? Aside from the fact that decline bench is worthless unless you have shoulder issues, you got everything in there that needs to be. You're aslso telling us very little about your actual routine i.e. reps, sets, progressions...

I figured I needed a new routine cause I didn't wanna plateau. A little change here and there to shock the muscles

Bench
5 sets of 5
45 plate then pyramid up 5 pounds each set

Incline
3 sets of 6/7
40 pound plate on

Db flys
30 pound db
3 sets of 10

Dips
3 sets of 10

Last edited:
Cooked up some more beans and vegetables today.

Beans, sweet peas, and broccoli so I can start refining my diet to include less sodium/cholesterol.

Routine B tomorrow which isn't my favorite, but is needed to keep smaller body parts trained.

Having the flu sucks..... Eating nothing but soup, and water, and OJ and cant workout....Im sure I lost weight....

Decided to try something different for the next 4 weeks and try DTP. I had legs today. JESUS CHRIST is it tiring! By the time you get to sets 6-10, it's a real gut check. The weight is dropping, but it's a **** load of reps left to finish. There is just as much of a mental aspect of this lift as there is physical. I'm loving it so far. Not counting stretching, I was done with my workout in 40 minutes. For a guy like me who is pressed for time due to family/job, this was great.

*One thing I'm going to modify is adding 5x5 deadlift on the DTP back day. Can't skip out on those.

Last edited:
My girl messed up my plans for the day. I wanted to hit chest hard at around 11 so I could be back home to watch football all day, but she rolled over on top of me this morning and I had no choice but to submit. Now I am all tired and lazy. I guess I will go around 5.

It is crazy how I really have to coordinate my female schedule around the gym.

Finally made my post workout shake. Almond milk and Greek yogurt is :x . I can't believe people eat and drink this stuff. Packed it with a lot of pineapples, strawberries, and blueberries.

Had chest and triceps today. Slow start on the bench but the overall workout picked up.

How do you guys normally warmup on chest days?

My girl messed up my plans for the day. I wanted to hit chest hard at around 11 so I could be back home to watch football all day, but she rolled over on top of me this morning and I had no choice but to submit. Now I am all tired and lazy. I guess I will go around 5.

It is crazy how I really have to coordinate my female schedule around the gym.

This made me :lol: for some reason. I live with my girl and it's hard sometimes too, you gotta keep a balance between your top priorities. Can't put gym over girl EVERYDAY when you live with her. Or else you hear an earful. But I try my best, I think i've figured out a good short term schedule :lol:

Last edited:
Healthier eating for breakfast.

150g black beans, I didn't know measure the other stuff because the calories are so low its not even worth it. I'm trying to slow bulk anyway.

Beans, sweet peas, and broccoli so I can start refining my diet to include less sodium/cholesterol.

Routine B tomorrow which isn't my favorite, but is needed to keep smaller body parts trained.

What kinda beans you eating man?

edit: never mind :lol: just saw the pic

Last edited by a moderator:

In the future try to move away from canned beans to dry beans.

I am cooking up another storm today. I enjoy doing this on Sundays.

Pinto Beans
String Beans
Sweet Potatoes (Diced and boiled. Seasoning with ground ginger/cinnamon/nutmeg)
Baked Salmon (Seasoned with Lime Juice, Mrs. Dash, Black Pepper, Ceyenne Pepper)
Brown Rice (Cooked in the Pinto Bean juice)

I will say this. Folks, NEVER waste broth. If you cook something that gives you juice, you need to re-cook with that juice or drink it. It shouldn't be wasted.

You can freeze broth and reuse at a later date. For example, I just made some string beans, I am going to freeze that juice and use it for a future bean project.

There is never a reason to waste broth man.

In the future try to move away from canned beans to dry beans.

I am cooking up another storm today. I enjoy doing this on Sundays.

Pinto Beans
String Beans
Sweet Potatoes (Diced and boiled. Seasoning with ground ginger/cinnamon/nutmeg)
Baked Salmon (Seasoned with Lime Juice, Mrs. Dash, Black Pepper, Ceyenne Pepper)
Brown Rice (Cooked in the Pinto Bean juice)

I will say this. Folks, NEVER waste broth. If you cook something that gives you juice, you need to re-cook with that juice or drink it. It shouldn't be wasted.

You can freeze broth and reuse at a later date. For example, I just made some string beans, I am going to freeze that juice and use it for a future bean project.

There is never a reason to waste broth man.
Eat some veggies man!
wink.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom