STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Cooked up some more beans and vegetables today.

Beans, sweet peas, and broccoli so I can start refining my diet to include less sodium/cholesterol.

Routine B tomorrow which isn't my favorite, but is needed to keep smaller body parts trained.
In the future try to move away from canned beans to dry beans.

I am cooking up another storm today. I enjoy doing this on Sundays.

Pinto Beans
String Beans
Sweet Potatoes (Diced and boiled. Seasoning with ground ginger/cinnamon/nutmeg)
Baked Salmon (Seasoned with Lime Juice, Mrs. Dash, Black Pepper, Ceyenne Pepper)
Brown Rice (Cooked in the Pinto Bean juice)

I will say this. Folks, NEVER waste broth. If you cook something that gives you juice, you need to re-cook with that juice or drink it. It shouldn't be wasted.

You can freeze broth and reuse at a later date. For example, I just made some string beans, I am going to freeze that juice and use it for a future bean project.

There is never a reason to waste broth man.

Yeah, they are dry beans. I soaked em overnight and boiled em when I woke up. I bought the Goya bean bags because there's no added sodium and they're cheaper than the canned.

Cooked up some more beans and vegetables today.

Beans, sweet peas, and broccoli so I can start refining my diet to include less sodium/cholesterol.

Routine B tomorrow which isn't my favorite, but is needed to keep smaller body parts trained.
In the future try to move away from canned beans to dry beans.

I am cooking up another storm today. I enjoy doing this on Sundays.

Pinto Beans
String Beans
Sweet Potatoes (Diced and boiled. Seasoning with ground ginger/cinnamon/nutmeg)
Baked Salmon (Seasoned with Lime Juice, Mrs. Dash, Black Pepper, Ceyenne Pepper)
Brown Rice (Cooked in the Pinto Bean juice)

I will say this. Folks, NEVER waste broth. If you cook something that gives you juice, you need to re-cook with that juice or drink it. It shouldn't be wasted.

You can freeze broth and reuse at a later date. For example, I just made some string beans, I am going to freeze that juice and use it for a future bean project.

There is never a reason to waste broth man.
Yeah, they are dry beans. I soaked em overnight and boiled em when I woke up. I bought the Goya bean bags because there's no added sodium and they're cheaper than the canned.
^This man knows.  I do the same thing

I need to get my cooking right with em though. My first batch was on low heat for like two hours and didn't really turn out well. Edible but not good. My second batch turned out better, but I think I can have my beans more tender. Maybe if I cook less at a time.

I am trying this PALEO diet for 45 days with NO CHEAT DAYS....This first week was very difficult.  However, I can see a slight changes in my body...

I am resting today..

I am only drinking water.

Breakfast:

2 eggs

4 slices of Turkey Bacon

4 whole slices of Pineapple

Handful of nuts

Snack:

GNC Muscle Builder w/ Fat Burner enhancer and Banana Smoothie (Use only water, no sugar and smoothie powder)

Lunch:

Turkey Ground Beef Salad with Homemade Salsa and guacamole (2 bowls)

Snack:

avocado

Dinner tonight:

Grilled chicken Salad (2 bowls)

Desert:

4 whole slice of Melon

Question for those that are leaning:

How much cardio are you guys doing...I try to run atleast 3-5 miles a week.  Do I need to do more?

Last edited:
I am trying this PALEO diet for 45 days with NO CHEAT DAYS....This first week was very difficult.  However, I can see a slight changes in my body...

I am resting today..

I am only drinking water.

Breakfast:

2 eggs

4 slices of Turkey Bacon

4 whole slices of Pineapple

Handful of nuts

Snack:

GNC Muscle Builder w/ Fat Burner enhancer and Banana Smoothie (Use only water, no sugar and smoothie powder)

Lunch:

Turkey Ground Beef Salad with Homemade Salsa and guacamole (2 bowls)

Snack:

avocado

Dinner tonight:

Grilled chicken Salad (2 bowls)

Desert:

4 whole slice of Melon

Question for those that are leaning:

How much cardio are you guys doing...I try to run atleast 3-5 miles a week.  Do I need to do more?
If you're leaning out, I'd suggest upping the cardio.  At the least double what you're doing now (can do some of it on the elliptical to make it less taxing on the joints).
Eat some veggies man!
wink.gif
You didn't see the string beans
laugh.gif

I made a lot of mixed veggies on THursday. Still going through those.

Plus salad ingregients are in the fridge
laugh.gif

Figured you'd have a an entire garden worked into this week's meals, lol.

Defrosting some stuff this week.  Got some split chicken breasts to toss in the oven.  Will use that for a bunch of stuff.

When I get my shopping in this weekend, I'll pick up some seafood.  Thinking salmon and tilapia.  Also get around to placing this order that I've been putting off.  Flax, ZMA, and some vitamins.

I disagree about upping cardio. Ever since I started dieting and cut out cardio I've gotten the most lean I've ever been. Went from 195 to 182 in about a week and some change.

I walk 10 minutes before EVERY workout on speed 3 and elevation 5. And then post I walk 10 minutes on speed 3 elevation 15 with 2 5 pound dumbells in my hand and do various exercises with em. Gotten my arms looking way better.

Recommend to all.

iLLest!
Everyone's body is different.  Diet is king at the end of the day, but some need a bit extra.

3 - 5 miles is kinda low if leaning out is his goal, but it would help to know how much he'd like to lean out.

I prefer HIIT personally, mostly with the jump rope.

Last edited:
Everyone's body is different.  Diet is king at the end of the day, but some need a bit extra.

3 - 5 miles is kinda low if leaning out is his goal, but it would help to know how much he'd like to lean out.

I prefer HIIT personally, mostly with the jump rope.
I am currently at 18% body fat (edit: Looked at a chart for correction)...I am trying to get to 8 - 12% body fat.

I run these miles on a up and down hill path. 

Last edited:
I disagree about upping cardio. Ever since I started dieting and cut out cardio I've gotten the most lean I've ever been. Went from 195 to 182 in about a week and some change.

I walk 10 minutes before EVERY workout on speed 3 and elevation 5. And then post I walk 10 minutes on speed 3 elevation 15 with 2 5 pound dumbells in my hand and do various exercises with em. Gotten my arms looking way better.

Recommend to all.

iLLest!

So you saying that just dieting its better than dieting and cardio put together? Lol

I want to lean like this.... My inspirational picture :lol:

Do you have that poster at home brah..? Jk
But yeah that looks like single digits bf. keep up the work and you'll get there, make your diet the priority and finish it off with cardio if you want to see faster results.

Going grocery shopping in a minute, some suggestions? I want to try new things..I have beans,chicken, Brown rice, broccoli so far..

Last edited:
Watch y'all think of having mini competitions in here to stay motivated? We paid two people with similar body types and give a deadline and whoever has most progress from pre pics wins. Serious. Just fun motivation.

iLLest!
Man you just love yourself and want an excuse to post your pictures. :lol:

Back from being bannedd..

i been lurking.

There iLLest goes with that burrito talk again. I still havent tried it yet but feening for it. But damn i seen you worked out 7 days a week. Thats just crazy.

Rest >>>>>>>>>

DC is that you on the twitter with the suit and bald head?

???

??
?

?
??

Consistency is the greatest thing.

Bck is getting thick...

I always been a form first type of guy.

I smh @ dudes bending they back doing curls. :smh:

So many curls at squat racks lately. Must be the resolutioners.

Gym hasnt been as packed as it usually is at this time of year.

Going grocery shopping in a minute, some suggestions? I want to try new things..I have beans,chicken, Brown rice, broccoli so far..

greek yogurt, lowfat milk, teddys natural peanut btter, tuna fish, olive oil, nuts (any), water, oatmeal, fruit and veggies.

Man you just love yourself and want an excuse to post your pictures.
laugh.gif
lol come onnnnn DC! yes i do love myself but if I wanted to just post pictures I'd do that and not care what anyone says. I feel like this will be fun for us and motivate each other to push farther. For the ones like us who don't compete it'll take us to a different level because we know that person may be working harder than us.

Anyways, just a suggestion.

iLLest!
Nah.

greek yogurt, lowfat milk, teddys natural peanut btter, tuna fish, olive oil, nuts (any), water, oatmeal, fruit and veggies.
Good list.  Sweet potatoes, almond milk, whole grain/whole wheat bread, and avocados (wish I would've finished my last one before it went bad
frown.gif
).  Turkey bacon, salmon, ground turkey, lean beef.  After a while we get bored with the basic stuff.  Variety is key.

^ Where from?

Dondo, you from Boston?

Yeah Boston http://rolandopastor.com/89b611a0a085.gif

Local spot :smokin

--

Avacado shakes >>>>>

idk but one time i ate a tuna sandwich on a whole wheat bagel i put cranberry and some walnuts crushed in it, and i drank a avacado shake with it. Worked out hr later and had so much energy.

Pre workout supps are a waste. Cant believe it took me this long to realize that.

Im about to get on creatine soon. Anyone wanna share their experiences with creatine?

Back
Top Bottom