STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What's everybody favorite workout day? legs? chest? back? Arms? Cardio even?

Mine is back...even though it switched monthly haha. Now that I f'd my knee up and can't really do legs for a couple more days, I've been focusing on my back much more,

I'm sad. I've decided to stop going to the gym until I find a new place nearer to where I work.

Mine is back...even though it switched monthly haha. Now that I f'd my knee up and can't really do legs for a couple more days, I've been focusing on my back much more,

I love chest day the most. my chest is one of my favorite parts, so it always feeds my ego. I dread leg day, but love it once i start. i like arm day too

Chest used to be my favorite but shoulders and arms is up there, I've also grown to love my cardio. That HIIT treadmill workout is :pimp:

I'm sad. I've decided to stop going to the gym until I find a new place nearer to where I work.

I just snuck out of work and went to LA Fitness. I only had a 1 hour break so i had to work fast. First time doing this but its mad convenient. But why stop? Why not keep going until you find something close?

5 min jog
Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Claf Raises

Did 2 sets of each with heavy weights.

can I take a preworkout on the IF diet early morning if my window doesn't start til 12? (plus I will be taking BCAA during and post workout)

I love chest day the most. my chest is one of my favorite parts, so it always feeds my ego. I dread leg day, but love it once i start. i like arm day too
the days after leg day
frown.gif
mean.gif

You basically dont have a cholesterol blood level, you have a lipoprotein level ( vldl LDL hdl etc) which are made in the liver and delivered to cells in the body

Inside lipoproteins are cholesterol

Eating cholesterol doesn't change that number but has an influence on how much your liver makes

A high carb diet causes "high cholesterol levels" if you wanna say
If your body doesn't get cholesterol it's gonna pump out crazy amounts vs maintaining a natural level while eating good number of cholesterol
Yeah thanks for explaining, repped. I can track down some articles if you all are interested. I don't have them handy at the moment.

I`m just iffy on doing 5 day split because I want to schedule school classes on Tue and thur and keep those as cardio only

Right now I do a 3 day A/b split I was thinking about making a leg day involving Deadlift/legpress/ DB Squat/ Calf Raises and Ab workouts but I might just divide those into my existing 3 day routine I already do Deadlifts and legpress I might cut out some redundant stuff (ie. I do Incline Barbell bench press and Flat bench DB press, but my chest are a weak area)

What about a 4 day split - that's a pretty standard set up. Basically, each day is oriented around a compound. Bench, squats, OHP, and deadlifts. Throw in some assistance work each day based on the lift. I'm doing Wendler's 5/3/1 if anyone's curious with Boring But Big for assistance work for the most part.

Today would typically be an off day, but since i'm going to go on that hike this morning, preceeding a gym trip with my GF, i'm not sure as to what I should do myself at the gym. Can anybody help me out with a routine I can do at the gym maybe with workouts most would overlook during their own routines?
When I have an extra day like that I usually do bodyweight stuff - dips and pull ups, because I like the idea of being able to bang out a lot of them, and normally when I get to this type of stuff in my normal workouts, I'm pretty fatigued, so it's nice to do this stuff fresh. Plus I find the conditioning aspect of supersetted chins and dips is nice.

Must feel good lucky! Good stuff!

Today's the first day I'm working out on an empty stomach. Kinda nervous.

iLLest!
Plan your workout out accordingly. Don't expect to go in and break PRs. I'd suggest cutting out some of your normal volume. Don't go in expecting to be able to get it all done.
Bros. I had to cut out coffee cuz my teef. Coffee in the mornings with IF was :pimp: :[

iLLest!
Green tea? Caff pills if you're that serious about the energy boost?

It kind of switches off. I find that I have trouble liking my bench day as much as the others because it's usually a monday, but I think that's unrelated to the actual workout.

OH MAN

IN MY AREA IF HAS BECOME THE NEW TREND.

I HEAR DUDES TALKIN BOUT IT.

I HOPE THESE PEOPLE HAVE THE DISCIPLINE FOR IT.

ALSO! Today's my boys 23rd bday. Everyone going out tonight to party. Last night I survived but if I have a little fun tonight how bad are we talking. I know it's a basic question but I either need "have fun bro, one time ain't gonna kill ya" or "naw man be strong. have fun drink water."

THANKS!

iLLest!
Be strong bro, one time won't kill you 
laugh.gif

MODERATION is your best friend.

Last edited:
OKAY SO I HAD MY DAY OFF TODAY

TOMORROW IVE GOT LEGS IN DA AM

THEN CROSSFIT IN THE AFTERNOON.

MONDY CHEST AND TRICEPS

IM DEBATING WHETHER TO DO A THIRD DAY IN A ROW FOR BACK AND BICEPS

BC IM DRIVING FROM NJ TO GA ON TUESDAY FOR MY BOY'S BASIC TRAINING GRADUATION.

AND I DOUBT I CANT WEIGHT TRAIN AGAIN UNTIL SATURDAY.

THOUGHTS TEAMFIT?

Lately, I haven't been lifting (throwing heavy *** weights around with incorrect form for reps) I've been bodybuilding. Really taking my time on each rep making sure my mind realizes what muscle I'm activating and taking it slow on my negatives. Far better results and feeling. I used to say ima get 12 no matter the form. Now I say, ima go for 12 with proper form if I don't reach 12 I at least know I did the most I can.

Just had my first meal of the day. Last meal was 9PM last night. Worked out on an empty stomach. Today is a low carb day with fatty meats so my post workout meal was 10 oz of rib eye steak from Costco + 2 eggs + 3 scoops of whey with water. Ima eat string cheese, almonds, 5 more oz and 4 more egg whites later.

One thing I wanna ask. One time I posted a video of dead lifts with INCORRECT FORM. In the video I was able to do 4 quite easily (bad form)

Today (much stronger and in shape and better stamina)

I did

135 x 15
185 x 10
205 x 10
225 x 8

But when I did

315 I only did 3.

Is it because now I'm doing proper form and targeting the right muscles which might make it more difficult than cheating? Would love a response!

ALSO! Today's my boys 23rd bday. Everyone going out tonight to party. Last night I survived but if I have a little fun tonight how bad are we talking. I know it's a basic question but I either need "have fun bro, one time ain't gonna kill ya" or "naw man be strong. have fun drink water."

THANKS!

iLLest!

Never been a fan of repping deadlifts, but if you feel like it's working - go with it. When I get into higher reps especially of deadlifts, even if the weight is low compared to what I am capable, I feel like my form starts lacking.

The below article is very relevant to drinking and lifting/dieting, also especially relevant to IFers. Check it out. If you're really concerned about additional calories, just have vodka/sodas or nor cal margaritas or something low cal, that part's not that difficult. Avoid eating grimey foods post drinking. You'll probably miss out on some sleep quantity/quality though - no real way around that.
http://www.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

You said both things! lol. So have "fun" or be strong and don't. lol.

iLLest!
Haha that's why I said moderation, you can have fun and indulge but not go overboard at the same time. Tequila with a splash of lime will get you right and I've read is a good low cal choice, or count the beers like Lucky said.
OKAY SO I HAD MY DAY OFF TODAY

THOUGHTS TEAMFIT?
Go for it, BEAST MODE.

Last edited:
Made a nice batch of Pinto Beans tonight in the crock pot. I brought 5 cloves of garlic to a boil along with some dried ancho chilies. Put that in the blender and made it into a puree. Carmelized some onions and some hot peppers in another pan, added a turkey wing tip, brought to a boil. Made a nice colored broth. Put everything into the crock pot, set it and forget it! Nice color, nice spice. Set for the week.

Gonna go to Costco to grocery shop for the first time in years on Tuesday since I just got a membership of my own.

100-150 limit to last me a month.

For those who are bulking what are some good bulking meals?

Also is it good to cardio while trying to bulk?

Copped the NutriBullet today...never been so excited about getting my veggie daily portions in

:pimp:

For those who are bulking what are some good bulking meals?
Also is it good to cardio while trying to bulk?

What worked for me was pastas and beefs. I'd wake up and eat about 4 eggs, 4 slices of bread. After my workouts I'd head to PUBLIX after my workouts, buy spaghetti/fettuccine, prego sauce and about pound of lean beef. Its a quick meal. Also I ate maybe 3-4 PB and J sandwiches per day. If I got hungry after 7pm I'd eat chicken breast. Like LuckyL, my go to meals were chicken and beefs. :lol: it worked for me. Just gotta find what works for you. I stayed consistent for over 2 months and gain 20 pounds but I was also on the monohydrate creatine and gnc amplified protein.

I remember seeing someone say that you can only add 1 lb of muscle per month a few pages back and I wanted to disagree.

^ Damn. I have always been a slim dude. SOmetime I want to gain weight but I am cool with my size. (Pause).

I don't know what I want to do.

^ Damn. I have always been a slim dude. SOmetime I want to gain weight but I am cool with my size. (Pause).

I don't know what I want to do.

I was uncomfortable with my size after going through surgery for my appendix and 2 years later for something else. Lost mad weight and felt vulnerable. 160 but I'd like to add about 10 lbs and have a soccer player's frame.

Back
Top Bottom