STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No you're right but eating healthy and working out hard doesn't need validation from things like a fitbit. You are either doing it and seeing results or you aren't.

i have a fitbit. the slime one that racks hr and calories burned and steps and miles. Although take the steps and miles with a grain of salt. its bs considering it goes on your wrist. i tested it while i was on the couch. mouved my arms a couple times, it tracked 6 steps. smh lol.

but the cals, even if only somehwat accurate, give you something to think about over guessing. You input all of your stats into the app and it gets you going. the slim watch it kind of cool looking too, i wear it sometimes even when I'm not working out.

If those gadgets were accurate then I would understand their utility. I always laugh when my iphone tells me i walked 2 miles when i haven't even left my office building all day.

Don't trust those step tracker devices at all but they're still useful if used to compare progress

Example: If I walked 8000 steps today, try walk 10,000 tomorrow, and 11,000 the next day and so on.

The number won't matter, the progress and improvement will

Which one would ya recommend to buy. Im legit trying to get my girl one but was also looking at the off brand versions.

Shes switching jobs to a job where she's sitting down all day so this will keep her infprmed how to adjust workouts and meals

i have a fitbit. the slime one that racks hr and calories burned and steps and miles. Although take the steps and miles with a grain of salt. its bs considering it goes on your wrist. i tested it while i was on the couch. mouved my arms a couple times, it tracked 6 steps. smh lol.

but the cals, even if only somehwat accurate, give you something to think about over guessing. You input all of your stats into the app and it gets you going. the slim watch it kind of cool looking too, i wear it sometimes even when I'm not working out.

Thanks for the thoughtful and informative response big homie :pimp:

Squats saturday....370 for 2....according to my routine...my one rep max went from 378 to 381....:lol:

Going to use week 6 for my run at 405. 370 moved. I wasn't near death so i will get near death or fail at 405 im sure. Currently 176lbs as of this morning. Want to be around that to attack 405 on probably Thursday night. Will try to record it for the NTFitFamb to critique my depth.

Have been watching vids of this kid Willie Lim on IG. 2015 USAPL national champ. Kid is 66kg (145lb) champ...movind 495 like its light :smh:

Last edited:
You basically just said it doesn't work. If you don't trust the steps or miles then why would you trust the calories burned?

Because a rough estimate of calories burned is better than guessing. Most people calculate calories burned by how much time they spend in the gym.

No you're right but eating healthy and working out hard doesn't need validation from things like a fitbit. You are either doing it and seeing results or you aren't.

This is a stupid *** statement. A Fitbit and the like are GREAT tools to measure (somewhat accurate) calories, steps, etc.

Its not necessary of course but its a neat tool to use as motivation and for tracking.

Dont be that guy.

How many people in here can do these? Strong as hell CORE :smoking

Last edited:
I'll probably wait for the next one. My girl just got the blaze and it still has its issues. Not bad at all but still I don't feel like dropping the dough.

I use a Polaris HR monitor had it for like 4 years and seems pretty accurate with HR and calories burned. 1 hour of lifting for me is about 500 calories.

Back
Top Bottom