STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

wow those look nice. update the thread with a review and sizing recommendations.
these shoes are amazing in every aspect.

First. Theyre light. Lighter than any other weightlifting shoes out there. I have both the romeleos and adipower and these are noticeably lighter

The boa lacing system is perfect imo. I was hesistant at first without the metatarsals strap but the boa lacing system wraps around your foot so well that you dont even need them. Plus, its super easy to put the shoes on and take off. Push down and turn right to tighten. Pull up to loosen. Couldnt be easier

The heel height is higher than the romeleos and adipower. I dont know how much higher but its higher imo

These breaks in super fast. After one hour of dynamic stretches and warm ups and im already very comfortable in them.

They look awesome btw. The only negative is the price tag

Last edited:
And they fit like the adipowers. True to size
I have a regular foot and they fit good.

You're better off swapping out all that arm work with pull-ups/chin-ups and BW squats/burpees.
Ordered a new pull bar from amazon and waiting for it to come in so just doing what I can until it comes in. Don't necessarily have the time to hit the gym everyday so working out at home with in home equipment.

Started working out again night. Baby steps. Was tired and in bed but decided to get up and start somewhere. Did 5 sets of 20 slow perfect form push-ups. Last set I decided to do 30. Then I did 4 sets of 30 tricep curls with 30 pounds. Today will be doing some jump roping and working out biceps and abs.

You're better off swapping out all that arm work with pull-ups/chin-ups and BW squats/burpees.
This. My arms are bigger from just doing the main muscle groups like chest, back etc. Forget that whole biceps today and triceps tomorrow only ish. Now if you want to throw some bicep work after a day of back, then that's fine. That's what I do. Never do biceps first and then back though. You will exhaust them by the time you start doing pull ups.

all the top bodybuilders and power lifters don't track what they eat, nor do they follow any type of program.

so you're probably good 
pimp.gif
Yeah except they weigh and measure out literally everything, everyday 
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

You better still be pushing those numbers up and eating enough chump. 

Last edited:
Weightlifters record their PR based on the percentages they working. So they're always working to beat their P.R. or close to it.

A lot that I know who competes has a coach that tells them what to do everyday. So basically it's a program structure.

For myself I keep track..Program provides you some kind of structure to work on weaknesses and strengths. Ive seen so many guys coming in and they just lift: front squats, clean and jerk, back squats, snatch. But they're stuck and plateau.

They never work on accessory things that can help them to increase their load and better their technique. You want to balance power and technique or close to it.

They don't use blocks, back extension, weighted sit-ups, pulls, ohs balance, drop snatch, strict press, the list goes on...

Don't discredit extra credit work.

My last 12 weeks program has given me a 10kg- 20kg jump after completing.

Started this plan this week: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks.html

Not sure how it is but I need some structure. I have been doing push and pull days for the longest with sporadic leg days(and not going to the gym regularly at all= not much results and my diet has been garbage). Figured I would start this and get a base down. However I am on day 3 workout 2 and my legs hate me. Squatting 3 days a week :x

Started this plan this week: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/beginner-to-advanced-bodybuilder-in-12-weeks.html

Not sure how it is but I need some structure. I have been doing push and pull days for the longest with sporadic leg days(and not going to the gym regularly at all= not much results and my diet has been garbage). Figured I would start this and get a base down. However I am on day 3 workout 2 and my legs hate me. Squatting 3 days a week :x

Trying squatting 5 days a week for 2 hours of training :lol:

Good job bro. Great start and keep it up. Post your progress for us.

Last edited:

How many dudes in here actually take detail notes of what they do in the gym and eat everyday? 

I'm kind of the improv type dude, who just eats a lot of healthy stuff, and targets specific areas in the gym. sometimes full body days, nothing planned, but i get results. 

I wonder how better it would be to actually setup and follow a plan... ANy info..
If you're trying to burn fat/lose weight you'll see better results if you actually keep track of your macros. If you're trying to gain weight/build muscle you don't necessarily have to worry about macros if you just eat a ton and lift heavy
Thanks for both of yalls input. And I'm actually trying to lose belly weight, maintain muscle and build muscle. 

Weightlifters record their PR based on the percentages they working. So they're always working to beat their P.R. or close to it.

A lot that I know who competes has a coach that tells them what to do everyday. So basically it's a program structure.

For myself I keep track..Program provides you some kind of structure to work on weaknesses and strengths. Ive seen so many guys coming in and they just lift: front squats, clean and jerk, back squats, snatch. But they're stuck and plateau.

They never work on accessory things that can help them to increase their load and better their technique. You want to balance power and technique or close to it.

They don't use blocks, back extension, weighted sit-ups, pulls, ohs balance, drop snatch, strict press, the list goes on...

Don't discredit extra credit work.

My last 12 weeks program has given me a 10kg- 20kg jump after completing.

nice

Last edited:
Quest are OK cookies and cream and smores are the only ones I mess with heavy....

Had the birthday cake combat bar the other day to see what the hype was about it was decent would not buy a whole box of it...

Quest are OK cookies and cream and smores are the only ones I mess with heavy....

Had the birthday cake combat bar the other day to see what the hype was about it was decent would not buy a whole box of it...

For some one that has high cholesterol run in their family. I am sticking to quest bars. The cholesterol in combat is too high for me.

I am in the minority too when it comes to taste because i like quest bars taste wise.

Back
Top Bottom