STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Chest day today for me as well. Lets get it!!

Waiting on this rain to hopefully die down a little so i dont get drenched on the walk to the gym.
Where are you again? Im in va. Took the day off because of rain. Been awhile since we ve had a good rain

Where are you again? Im in va. Took the day off because of rain. Been awhile since we ve had a good rain

Originally from Toronto but im on the west coast in BC for now. **** keeps starting and stopping smh. I might just say f it and go

Tropical storm forming out at sea apparently. Might become a hurricane but should miss the east coast mostly.

I guess I have nothing but rain to look forward to this week lol

Finished 2nd week of ed coan bench program and hit some cardio.

Bar x10
95x10
135x10
175x10 x2

Hype for week3 of DL program later this week.

I'm mad that my old school iPod doesn't work anymore.. Over 50,000 songs..
Gone.. :smh:

Now I listen to the same 50 songs during workouts.. :rofl:

Me too man. I listen to the same like 150 songs every time :smh: :lol:

Btw I bought like $40 worth of single protein bars to see what I like so I can stock up after, the fit joy cinnamon one is terrible :x. Had to buff through it

Last edited:
Need some fresh ideas...

What do you guys eat for Pre-Workout and Post-Workout Meals?

I dont like working out on too full of a stomach so i usually have some fruit with maybe some toast with peanut butter. Post workout is when i grub. Usually chicken, sometimes beef. Rice is a staple in my culture so its usually that for carbs although i switch it up from time to time to pasta. Usually its a type of stew with chicken(beef), vegetables like peas, green beans, bell peppers really whatever i have available ans pour it over top the rice.

Been making this salad past month of so, spinach, chopped lettuce, kale (if i have), tomatoes, cucumbers (sometimes celery depending what i have), and these canned beans think they called "bean salad". Its like kidney beans and chick peas, ill pour the water out the can and dash em in the salad. If i got walnuts ill crush those up and sprinkle on top. Olive oil and black pepper, not a fan of salad dressing. Usually prepare food on the weekend and portion it out in tupperware for the week.

$40 worth of single protein bars :rofl:

Thats funny

Lol I know. I bought like 14 different flavors :wow:

I bought them on bb.com then I went on IG and there was a quest ad for buy 2 get 2 free so I tried out their new blueberry muffin flavor. Dat marketing :pimp:

Idk if it will work but the code was "try2" for anyone that wants to try

Last edited:
Need some fresh ideas...

What do you guys eat for Pre-Workout and Post-Workout Meals?

I'm fine working out on an empty stomach so I usually eat something light. All of my pre workout meals include bananas :lol:. Either just a banana straight up, a banana with some peanut butter on toast, or a banana blended with like 4-6oz of milk

It was probably like 2007-8 I heard GSP say he always eats a banana before training for the potassium and to avoid cramps. Been doing it ever since :lol:

Last edited:
pre-workout -- usually apple cider vinegar, oranges, grapes, rice krispie treats, crackers, pop tarts I never eat nothing too heavy.... I hate that bloated feeling

post workout -- chicken breast. leftover subway (lol), I eat a lot of baked fish, broccoli by the tons, pride nutrition retaliate look it up best bcaa/creatine supp on the market imo.lean ground beef meatballs, cereal

Last edited:
I workout around noon, so i have a big breakfast to hold me over. Mostly eat 5 eggs with 1-1.5 cups of potatoes by 8am. Coffee is done by 9am. Kind or quest bar around 1045am. Crossfit at 12.

Protein Shake with a snack around 130pm and my actual lunch around 3/330pm.

I'm one of those types that i can't have anything too heavy right after working out or else my stomach gets messed up. 

I told y'all I would post a video of my squats. 

I was doing 5x3 of ~2x body weight (290lbs). The last rep of my 4th set was a grinder, so just decided to do a double on my last set to avoid from completely frying myself 
laugh.gif

I wanted to record my last set so I could see where my form really breaks down. The first rep was pretty clean, but I def lost my balance a little bit on the second rep.

lets hear the comments and suggestions.

That Banana idea might be the business...

I see a lot of people stick with fruits.

Pre-Workout

Always these two:

Half cup of jasmine right with 1 cup of Ground turkey.

Or, Granola w/ Yogurt

Post-Work:

Creatine & BCAA w/ Glutamine Supplement. Then any food I can get to 
laugh.gif

Like today I did OHS @ @205 6 X 2 & I did a WOD...

Went got an Arby's SmokeHouse Brisket Sandwich. 
frown.gif

Last edited:

I was doing 5x3 of ~2x body weight (290lbs). The last rep of my 4th set was a grinder, so just decided to do a double on my last set to avoid from completely frying myself 
laugh.gif

I wanted to record my last set so I could see where my form really breaks down. The first rep was pretty clean, but I def lost my balance a little bit on the second rep.

No way you're out of middle school yet 

last night. About 181. 6 lbs of cutting to go. Finally got a job, so I can eat how I'm supposed to.

Check my IG snaps for more @Soundview.

Or my YT: Super Negro Fitness

This is before cutting

Strength been going up. Just hit 285x2 after 5 sets of 255x3 on bench. Deadlifted 365x6 2 weeks ago. Trying to hit 1000 even though I should be at it by now. So 1250, I guess.

I was doing 5x3 of ~2x body weight (290lbs). The last rep of my 4th set was a grinder, so just decided to do a double on my last set to avoid from completely frying myself :lol:

I'd hit.

I was doing 5x3 of ~2x body weight (290lbs). The last rep of my 4th set was a grinder, so just decided to do a double on my last set to avoid from completely frying myself :lol:

looks fine to me. Last one just looked like a normal grinder.

last night. About 181. 6 lbs of cutting to go. Finally got a job, so I can eat how I'm supposed to.

Check my IG snaps for more @Soundview.

Or my YT: Super Negro Fitness

This is before cutting

Strength been going up. Just hit 285x2 after 5 sets of 255x3 on bench. Deadlifted 365x6 2 weeks ago. Trying to hit 1000 even though I should be at it by now. So 1250, I guess.

Damn what's your squat numbers? I woulda thought you'd already be at 1000 with your bench numbers that high. Deadlift seems solid too your 1rm is probably what 415+?

Bench has been my weakness since separating my shoulder a few years back. I think i am just over the 1k club based on recent squat and deadlift numbers and what i hit on bench last July. I might try to get a 1rm in bench soon just to see where i am at. 

Back
Top Bottom