STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Currently following 531 program, so I am following the weight % lined out... I Def want to go higher weight, but need to follow the program.

Max is 455, weight is 170.

Should I be setting my hips lower after each rep?

Not really. Just asking because it seem to work for you. Your back looks neutral and that's the most important.

You are so close to 500lbs!

For those who are MyfitnessPal experts,i have a few questions...

1. Lets say for protein, i reach my goal but i go over -9 of my daily limit...would i make this a big deal? I mean -100 or -50 okay thats a big number but does that small number make a big difference? (Especially now that im bulking so it shouldnt be a big deal to me right?)

2. Im just starting to track just my protein/carbs/and fat...i dont really pay attention to the sodium or sugar or cholestorol...am i the only one doing this?

3. If you were to go to a resturant and their menu isnt available on the app, how would you handle that?
2. Yes you should pay attention to it. Well, I do. Go ahead and overload on sugar, sodium and cholesterol...When you end up with a diabetic with high blood pressure you'll be ight lol

3. I just log by eye. No way to really log restaurant food. Unless it's fast food. Just guestimate.

did legs today, had a bad case of the IDONTWANNA's today, still got in

just wondering what yall gym playlist look like?

just wondering what yall gym playlist look like?

Max B otw to the gym have me feelin wavy and hype (i walk 20/25min)

Pac
Freddie Gibbs
Juve
Gucci
Flocka
Old school Jeezy
Dipset

Last edited:
Vitamin shop is better to me. Their store brand is legit. Their isolate protein disolves better than anything else I've tried. Their creatine will last you forever if you get the big tub too for 20 bucks.

I'm gonna switch to espresso instead of pwo though and creatine only for sups.

Vitamin shop is better to me. Their store brand is legit.
yes vitamin shoppe is waaay better than gnc.  cheaper prices and a better selection of supps, and their brand is legit I copped a bottle of 3000mg liquid L Carnitine months ago works like a charm and the taste is great.

Max B otw to the gym have me feelin wavy and hype (i walk 20/25min)

Pac
Freddie Gibbs
Juve
Gucci
Flocka
Old school Jeezy
Dipset
we have similar taste I listen to a lot of 90's/mid 00's rap

for cardio I usually just throw on tidal and listen to whatever is new.

we have similar taste I listen to a lot of 90's/mid 00's rap

for cardio I usually just throw on tidal and listen to whatever is new.

Same. I have an old ipod shuffle (the little square joint lol) and i gotta buncha older tunes on there. Pac usually gets me the most hype so i put his playlist on when im lifting.

Pretty much anything off AEOM or the 7day Theory gets me hype af

I'm mad that my old school iPod doesn't work anymore.. Over 50,000 songs..
Gone.. :smh:

Now I listen to the same 50 songs during workouts.. :rofl:

Last edited:
I remember the day my first ipod bricked
What made it worst that was before the days of cloud saving playlist and stuff.
That hurt

Not really. Just asking because it seem to work for you. Your back looks neutral and that's the most important.

Would lowering hips, butt a little but allow him to use more legs/glutes and pull more weight?

1st video ever. Will start posting more.

Good stuff :nthat:

which lifetime is that? I hate lifetime bars. the knurling on them chews through my hands so badly on DL.

Glad my gym uses rogue ohio bars man :pimp:  

Thanks papi. Florham Park nj. I don't mind the knurling, I use chalk.

Those are really good pulls :pimp:

What percentage of your working max is that? Moves like butter.

It's 90% of my working max. Feels good cuz a few months ago I tweaked my lower back, couldn't dl for a good month.

Pretty sure it was because I didn't warm up. Smh.... I learned that lesson the hard way.

Currently following 531 program, so I am following the weight % lined out... I Def want to go higher weight, but need to follow the program.

Max is 455, weight is 170.

Should I be setting my hips lower after each rep?

Gotcha! Yeah 500 is the ultimate goal. I haven't tried my true 1rm is quite a while tho.

Would lowering hips, butt a little but allow him to use more legs/glutes and pull more weight?

I was told and taught that way. You want to put too much strain on the back.

However my coach, always say if it comfortable and you keeping the back nuetral, you should be good.

Last edited:

Respect the numbers.

Congrats on the certification too. I take my test next friday. 
nthat.gif

Phil looked great at the olympia. I am not a phil fan but he looked better this year then last year. Insane

I'm mad that my old school iPod doesn't work anymore.. Over 50,000 songs..
Gone.. :smh:

Now I listen to the same 50 songs during workouts.. :rofl:

:lol: same. I still have mine but the headphonejack doesnt work. All those tunes and i cant even listen to em. So close yet so far lol

Theres guys pulling 700+ and they don't even drop their hips to their knees, basically everyone is going to be different. Watch John Haack, he doesn't drop his much.

So DLs are to target the lower back and gluets/legs?

I dl'd yesterday and just felt it he "burn" in just my legs /gluets so am I doing this right .

I also thought about laying some tape down to help me with my foot placement )shoulder width ) I feel I have bad footing . My inner tendon that runs up my right thigh hurts a bit after squats and DL's.

I dl'd yesterday and just felt it he "burn" in just my legs /gluets so am I doing this right .

I also thought about laying some tape down to help me with my foot placement )shoulder width ) I feel I have bad footing . My inner tendon that runs up my right thigh hurts a bit after squats and DL's.

Are your legs bowing inwards during these lifts?

Chest day today on the new program. failed at 300 last week, but hoping this program will help me get there by october 31st. stoped at 275 rep last time.

again thanks to this thread for the motivation everyday i appreciate yall boys.

Are your legs bowing inwards during these lifts?
I don't think they are I try to make sure my knees are facing outward before I pick up the bb.

Chest day today on the new program. failed at 300 last week, but hoping this program will help me get there by october 31st. stoped at 275 rep last time.

again thanks to this thread for the motivation everyday i appreciate yall boys.

Chest day today for me as well. Lets get it!!

Waiting on this rain to hopefully die down a little so i dont get drenched on the walk to the gym.

Back
Top Bottom