STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I just don't want my elf to be confuse by the box, it has multiple names on it.

Remember I was shipping it to the wrong person....

Remember all mailing carriers are behind mainlu due to the influx of online orders and christmas being on a weekend. People mailing out. I got priority yesterday and they told me it wont be there til monday. (Over the 2-3 day guarantee )

Haven't search through the thread, but does anyone know where I can create my own carb cycling plan that fits into my macros?

Have been consistently dieting (clean IIFYM) and lifting (6 days/week) for the past 2 months and looking to boost my results and start carb cycling for fat loss.

I generally have good genes. I can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I also have an easy time losing weight as well. I found my BMR results, but I was just wondering if there was any calculator or resource I can use to create a plan that fits my specific profile.

Thanks in advanced.

Haven't search through the thread, but does anyone know where I can create my own carb cycling plan that fits into my macros?

Have been consistently dieting (clean IIFYM) and lifting (6 days/week) for the past 2 months and looking to boost my results and start carb cycling for fat loss.

I generally have good genes. I can lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. I also have an easy time losing weight as well. I found my BMR results, but I was just wondering if there was any calculator or resource I can use to create a plan that fits my specific profile.

Thanks in advanced.

I'm at the gym right now, but when I get home I can give you a good estimate of what you should shoot for based on your info

I made some soup earlier, **** bangin if i do say so myself :lol:

Used this minestrone base with the beans, pasta shells etc that i had, dashed a lot of barley in the pot, cut up chicken, and thin slices of potato. Added black pepper and a spoon of olive oil at the end. Perfect for this cold weather

Thanks in advanced.

after a second glance at your post, I'm not sure what you're asking. You already track your macros and know how to lean out? keep doing that then. It's really just trial and error at this point. You know to be in caloric deficit to lose weight so adjust accordingly. Somehow you can gain muscle while losing fat at the same time.....okay....if you can do this, then there isn't a formula on the planet that's going to work better than what you are already achieving.

All that being said........ I know a few formulas that you could play around with if you feel like experimenting. Just some of the plans that the strength trainer for our school has his teams on. Mainly for performance, but again you can just cut carbs and fats based on personal preference. Take this with a grain of salt, as I have absolutely no clue what you are currently consuming, how well you are hydrating, current BF%, or specific goals.

Basic Daily Caloric needs for athletes

This is going to be the basic calorie framework for the day depending on what category you fit into. Say you are 180 lbs. which is about 82 kilograms. Multiply 82 by 38kcals and that gives you 3116 calories to play around with. Well after you subtract your BMR and the Thermic Effect of Food. Wondering How many of those calories should come from carbs, proteins, and fats? See other spoilers.

Carb Recommendations for atheltes

I can't remember where the other half of this chart is, but I remember bodybuilding was 5-10grams per kg, depending on your level. It sounds like you're wanting to go for the low end of this, so 5g/kg. So going with our weight from up above of 180lbs(82 kg's) You would want to consume about 410 grams of carbs each day. Carbs have 4 calories per gram so that would take up 1640 calories of your daily allowance. Again, this would be to pretty much maintain what you're at I'm guessing. Do your protein needs next.

Protein recommendations for athletes

If you're cutting, you're obviously going to lose strength, but I'm assuming you would fit into the strength category here, on the upper end. 1.7g/kg is what you want to aim for. At 82kg's, that would mean around 140 grams of protein each day. 4 calories per gram= around 560 calories should come from protein each day. Going back to your daily calorie allowance of 3116 calories, now you can subtract the carbs and protein from that to give you an idea of the fats you want each day. (3116-1640(carbs)-560(protein)= 916.

Fats are easy. You want about 1g of fat per kg body weight. If your cutting, adjust accordingly. Fats are 9 calories per gram, so 82 grams of fat would be 738 calories. Subtract that from the 916 you had left over after the carbs and protein and you've still got wiggle room. And we haven't even considered your BMR or the TEF! If you stuck to this, you would most certainly be in a pretty big deficit every day, and you would lose weight, while keeping some strength I'm sure.

Some sample calculations

Some examples of increasing muscle mass

So to make a long story long, just be in caloric deficit. If you're losing weight, you're doing something right. If you feel too gassed, maybe back off the carb cut. If you feel way too weak, maybe up your fat. It doesn't have to be this scientific, but these are just some suggestions, based on what the D1 athletes at my school go off of.

I made some soup earlier, **** bangin if i do say so myself :lol:

Used this minestrone base with the beans, pasta shells etc that i had, dashed a lot of barley in the pot, cut up chicken, and thin slices of potato. Added black pepper and a spoon of olive oil at the end. Perfect for this cold weather
Damn that sounds good.

U know i just noticed... Amels avy is DRose. So all that mans injuries throughout his career were due to the amel curse?!

Back
Top Bottom