STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Thanks for the reply just trying to find a good supplement. I heard good things about that in GNC but I figured they was just saying it to try and get me to buy it
Almost all gncs will push bs products or their brand. That pack is good for what it is but not for the price. Depending on your goal, I'd suggest you do your own research and don't fall for bs supps.

ONs 30th anniversary pack with 2lbs of whey for $44 shipped

I saw this last week but it's only 2lbs of protein. I guess it's still not too bad of a deal. Edit- I can't read, you said that in the post lol.

Last edited:
All it is is creatine and vitamins. Nothing more or less. The other stuff does little if anything for you. I took it and hard to tell if it helped just because I was making progress in just lifting and eating. I wouldn't pay no where near retail for it. Got it for free at gnc
Thanks for the reply just trying to find a good supplement. I heard good things about that in GNC but I figured they was just saying it to try and get me to buy it

Food and sleep. You don't need any of that bs. Not even protein powder, if you're eating enough no need to use that either. Save your money for food and a good gym.

Creatine does what it says. I don't like the bloat and waking up all night to piss though. Everything else is just selling people a dream.

Last edited:
Protein powder is cost effective and convient
Plus it's not easy for a lot of people to get in how ever many grams of protein in food.
Creatine and vitamins are good though for what t is

Was bumping this Pun and Cormega freestyle...this dude Pun said "I ram a lightning bolt between the Earth and Moon and curl the planets"

Maaaan bouta crush these weights :lol:

Title? I'm a big fan of Big Dog The Punisher

This injury is messing with my whole mental. It sucks. I go back to thinking I shouldn't be doing deadlifts anymore. I don't even care about strength. I wanna revamp my whole program and outlook now. It's just mentally *******. Hard to stand up I walk at a slow pace. **** is the pits. Blowing my mind right now

Haven't been to the gym in a week and my back still hurts. Damb u Amel

This injury is messing with my whole mental. It sucks. I go back to thinking I shouldn't be doing deadlifts anymore. I don't even care about strength. I wanna revamp my whole program and outlook now. It's just mentally *******. Hard to stand up I walk at a slow pace. **** is the pits. Blowing my mind right now

Note to self, stay away from korean yambs

I can help you with your program. I have always said a good physique can be built without deadlifts, sorry @awwsome  
laugh.gif

If I remember correctly you post a video of you DL before and your form seemed to be fine, probably just went too heavy. 

Wait we off DLs?

Man I'm fairly sure I missed an epic convo l

Wait we off DLs?

Man I'm fairly sure I missed an epic convo l

I think DLs are best when building a strength foundation, I use them in the first 6-12 months when coming back from a long break and usually when I get between 4-5 plates I switch them out for more targeted exercises. I do reincorporate them 1-2 times a month though after a while just because I love to see the bar bend/feel that rush.

I just feel like after a certain weight it's a lot for my body and on days I DL heavy (4 plates +) my other lifts suffer big time.

Not recommending this, it just works for me.

I can help you with your program. I have always said a good physique can be built without deadlifts, sorry @awwsome
 :lol:

If I remember correctly you post a video of you DL before and your form seemed to be fine, probably just went too heavy. 

Ay man, I just said the only reason not to DL is injury. :lol:

Health comes first.

But if you healthy and not pulling then idk.

Its definitely my least fav muscle group to work but they all gotta be done so it is what it is.

Just curious any of you guys heard of or taken epicatechin as a supp? Just hearing about it though apparently it was made popular in the early 2000s

http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=everything-you-need-to-know-about-epicatechin

I've heard of people taking it, but haven't heard of any positive reviews. That website is kinda trash.

They claim this
"A study conducted on males of an average age of 40 showed that approximately 170mg of epicatechin per day, dosed at 2mg per kg of bodyweight, resulted in almost a 50% increase in follistatin and a 16.6% decrease in myostatin, alongside a strength increase of 7%."

When the study was only 6 males, and the 7% increase was in hand grip strength that was observed, muscle tissue mass was not measured, and there was no placebo group for comparison.

You could pick apart every claim that website makes if you just google the study and give it a once over but in general, "Due to the preliminary nature of studies, there is not currently enough evidence to support epicatechin for muscle growth. However, dark chocolate is safe and provides other health benefits, so consuming it regularly may not be a bad idea."

Anyone here hate bicep curls/exercises?

I mean, they're fun to do at the end of the workout for the pump.

I work arms everytime I'm in the gym because they recover super quick and can handle a lot of volume.

They're only an accessory though, will never understand people who do "arm day".

Like huh? :lol:

Your biceps get work in a host of other movements.

Just curious any of you guys heard of or taken epicatechin as a supp? Just hearing about it though apparently it was made popular in the early 2000s

http://www.predatornutrition.com/articlesdetail?cid=everything-you-need-to-know-about-epicatechin

I've heard of people taking it, but haven't heard of any positive reviews. That website is kinda trash.

They claim this
"A study conducted on males of an average age of 40 showed that approximately 170mg of epicatechin per day, dosed at 2mg per kg of bodyweight, resulted in almost a 50% increase in follistatin and a 16.6% decrease in myostatin, alongside a strength increase of 7%."

When the study was only 6 males, and the 7% increase was in hand grip strength that was observed, muscle tissue mass was not measured, and there was no placebo group for comparison.

You could pick apart every claim that website makes if you just google the study and give it a once over but in general, "Due to the preliminary nature of studies, there is not currently enough evidence to support epicatechin for muscle growth. However, dark chocolate is safe and provides other health benefits, so consuming it regularly may not be a bad idea."
Yea I agree on the site. Just used it for reference on what it is.

I mean, they're fun to do at the end of the workout for the pump.

I work arms everytime I'm in the gym because they recover super quick and can handle a lot of volume.

They're only an accessory though, will never understand people who do "arm day".

Like huh? :lol:

Your biceps get work in a host of other movements.

I dont get that either. I mean if you tryna move something heavy your biceps arent gonna move it, its gonna be the big muscles like back, legs. Its like this 1 guy i been seeing at the gym. I swear i saw him 3 or 4days in a row and he did bench and biceps every single day :lol:. He was always wearing pants so u already know he was hiding those chicken legs

I do em just to keep that balance. Dont wanna focus too much on 1 muscle group but also dont wanna neglect any.

Back
Top Bottom