STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

MAAAAAAN box squats are heaven sent. Tried these for the first time today and it went amazingly well. I'm ready to become a family man and dedicate my life to the lord type life changing amazing.

MAAAAAAN box squats are heaven sent. Tried these for the first time today and it went amazingly well. I'm ready to become a family man and dedicate my life to the lord type life changing amazing.

Box squats are part of my program now to assist in my regular squat form. Try doing zercher box squats. Lawd. My trainer says it's important to not through your butt back. Just sit like you normally with but keep your upper body sturdy

Today at the gym as I was leaving I seen a dude doing Zercher squats :lol:. First time I ever seen that after y'all were talking about it. I tried a zercher cycle at my home gym, I wasn't wearing a shirt so I just did a few reps to try it out... that **** is tough.
Yessir they're a different breed.

Keto is almost a fad diet type thing now, I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is trying to make a true lifestyle change personally. You cant eat balanced meals when you only have 50g of carbs for a whole day, plus I don't know about you guys but Im eating 230-240g of protein a day and I'm pretty regular, anymore than that and I will feel like **** 
laugh.gif

@awwsome  you must be on that Mark Bell life huh....I'm kinda surprised you are saying run that low amount of carbs, do you actually do that? Theres no way you are doing volume sessions like there with only eating 50 grams of carbs. If you don't eat carbs your performance in the gym will decrease, no doubt, especially if you're natural.

You should eat 50g of carbs one day and go for a 1rm and then eat 500g one day and go for a 1rm I bet anything your numbers will be different.

Last edited:
Keto is almost a fad diet type thing now, I wouldn't recommend it to someone who is trying to make a true lifestyle change personally. You cant eat balanced meals when you only have 50g of carbs for a whole day, plus I don't know about you guys but Im eating 230-240g of protein a day and I'm pretty regular, anymore than that and I will feel like **** :lol:

@awwsome
 you must be on that Mark Bell life huh....I'm kinda surprised you are saying run that low amount of carbs, do you actually do that? Theres no way you are doing volume sessions like there with only eating 50 grams of carbs. If you don't eat carbs your performance in the gym will decrease, no doubt, especially if you're natural.

You should eat 50g of carbs one day and go for a 1rm and then eat 500g one day and go for a 1rm I bet anything your numbers will be different.

Na man, I'm obviously bulking right now. :lol:

I eat 300g carbs a day mostly, 500g once a week.

Weighing around 205.

But I'm going to start cutting next month and I will be going 50-70g carbs 6 days a week with one day of 500-600g carbs.

I just eat a **** ton of bacon, chicken, beef, steak and at least 8 scrambled eggs with veggies.

I function well on low carbs, don't feel that much of an energy decrease but I'll change my lifting style drastically, no way I could do this kinda volume.

Last edited:
I just ate a whole fried chicken and a burger and fries and some octopus.

Squatted yesterday with farmer carries and deadlifted today a bunch of set at 385 and a bunch of 405 singles. Was needed.

Squatted yesterday with farmer carries and deadlifted today a bunch of set at 385 and a bunch of 405 singles. Was needed.

:pimp:

Howd the octopus taste? And howd u/they make it?

Also wondering if anyone here does reverse grip bench? Thinking of trying it out on my 2nd chest/tri days.

Took Saturday and Sunday off. First time taking a double off in over half a year. Feels weeeeird. Especially since I've eaten any and everything these 2 days. Dunno what's going on. Sure I'll snap back tomorrow. [emoji]128170[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

:pimp:

Howd the octopus taste? And howd u/they make it?

Good kind of like calamari, it was grilled up with some chorizo and potatoes. Pretty fire. I used to work there so they always hook it up. I'm about to start cooking there again for a few hours on Sunday just to get free food and see my bros. :lol:

Last edited:
Also wondering if anyone here does reverse grip bench? Thinking of trying it out on my 2nd chest/tri days.
I do on occasion. If you're trying it for the first time, I'd recommend starting light to get the feel and motion down, as it can be awkward and unorthodox.

Had food tasting and cake tasting yesterday for my wedding in may. Woke up this am and was up to 192 lbs from 187 last week #fatboyz. Gonna go ham on the food and weights until the end of this month and try to put on as much muscle before I start my cut beginning of March.

Update: this morning weighed myself at 195 :nerd:. Slow money but I'm putting on weight slowly but surely. I don't really feel like I put on too much fat either. At least doesn't seem like it in the mirror. Got another 2 weeks till I tart my cut going ham till then. Gonna try to get some pics at my highest weight then my goal is to shred down to like 175 if possible. Will be posting progress pics along the way. Trying to get my soundview on in the process too

Everybody on that March cut. :lol:

************* tryna be shredded by the summer I see you. :pimp:

My body is ******* taxed today fellas, feels like I got run over by a bus carrying a group of sumo wrestlers. :x :smh:

Luckily my girl already is getting me started right for the day with eggs/bacon/cheese and a cinnamon bun with whipped cream.

Going to smash sushi/rice later then finish with seafood.

Hoping to hit close to 600g carbs today long as I don't throw up. :lol:

Anyone want to help ya boy out with some routines to get started with for the gym? I recently started keto myself and I'm on the 50-70 g of carbs a day as well. Just looking to get back to that lean look

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that my diet is spotless already protein wise too.
Running won't really do anything apart from burning fat though?
I am already skinny too.. I can see my ribs and everything.Just have some stubborn fat on my stomach.
Is my routine fine to build muscle all over as fast as possible? Like I said,I don't care how intense it has to be.
IMO you sound impatient. Why not just do your thing for a couple of months and see what happens?

I also don't know what you're after. You want to build muscle, but be "shredded"? So you want to gain muscle and drop fat, but you're already thin as a rail (from your description)?

And I personally think you're doing to much with that routine. You can't sustain that level of volume 4 days a week.

Last edited:
I'm no expert but if you're trying to build muscle you should probably bulk up first if you can see your ribs.

I'm no expert but if you're trying to build muscle you should probably bulk up first if you can see your ribs.

Word.

If you haven't bulked to over 200 lbs, cutting down isn't really going to give you the effect you want unless you wanna be a fashion model type or you're under 5'7-5'8 depending on build.

Don't be scared to put on a little fat, if you're not using gear it's just part of the process and is unavoidable if you wanna build proper muscle in the shortest amount of time.

And my man is right about being impatient too.

Your physique is a journey, you have your body forever, it's actually the only thing you're sure of.

Take the proper time to get it to the most optimal place and you'll be better for it.

I know I'm happy with the progress I've made especially over the last 3 months but I know I still have YEARS to go to really hit the levels I'm capable of.

Last edited:
If I was you @ngloading I'd cut out most of the ab exercises you do. You'll get much better results from exercises that are actually beneficial. Look into the McGill Big 3, I do that everyday as a warm up. Throw in some Pallof press and dragon flag negatives and you should be set with core work for the most part.

Last edited:
As I'm standing by the dumbbell rack a trainer and this old dude are just setting there chatting about donuts.....then the old lady trainer said she doesn't like Dunkin Donuts, and it was right there and then she lost credibility lol

Back
Top Bottom