STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I've lost 7 lbs since my injury and miserable. From 189 to 182lbs. I'm glad I'm back at the gym even though I'm just doing balancing exercises and light weight reps at a set position that doesn't irritate my spine.
Dude came up to me today and says hey are you cutting. Right in the gut.

Have some HiChew my friend. It always cheers me up.

But for real just try and stay positive. I know u probably read it like its easy for us to say but i know how u feel being injured even tho mine was different. Setback just a set up for a comeback. U be back soon time stay on ur rehab exercises and whatever else ur PT/doctors say

You'll be straight man. Everyone has to take time off for some reason. I just had my final appointment today for my arm and my right bicep is small af right now because I haven't been able to put much pressure on that wrist. So I'm out here with with severely mis matched arms right now. :lol:

**** will all buff out, you've done it before you can do it again.

Video:

I'm chasing that 315 mane.

Edit: I was shaking like a stripper on that second rep
laugh.gif
dope right behind goal is to eventually hit 3 plates.

I be scared ******** when I don't have a spotter going heavy....

Last edited:
Nice work man. Spotter did a good job too not letting you die

:lol: yea that's the homie. I would have been RIP long ago if I didn't lift with him

dope right behind goal is to eventually hit 3 plates.

I be scared ******** when I don't have a spotter going heavy....

Man I never go heavy without a spot. I don't even try extra reps at 225 if it starts to get rough cause I don't wanna be embarrassed getting pinned :lol:. I'll rack it up before I let my pride get in the way. But that 3 plates soon come brotha let's get it :pimp:

laugh.gif
yea that's the homie. I would have been RIP long ago if I didn't lift with him

Man I never go heavy without a spot. I don't even try extra reps at 225 if it starts to get rough cause I don't wanna be embarrassed getting pinned
laugh.gif
. I'll rack it up before I let my pride get in the way. But that 3 plates soon come brotha let's get it
pimp.gif
YEA def dont wanna get stafon johnson'd lol

If push come to shove I ask someone who aint occupied for a spot.

Sometimes you have to watch out for these fools though... they dont even spot you right.

Last edited:
Carb day was yesterday.

Bacon, egg and cheese crossaints
Big cinnamon bun with whipped cream
Carne Asada burrito with rice/beans/pico de gallo/etc
Short Rib burrito with the same
Blonde brownies with whipped cream
3 bowls of Frosted Flakes
3 protein shakes with about 30g each with milk (of course)

600g carbs in an enjoyable way.

Squats/Chest today. :pimp:

Last edited:
YEA def dont wanna get stafon johnson'd lol

If push come to shove I ask someone who aint occupied for a spot.

Sometimes you have to watch out for these fools though... they dont even spot you right.

Man u aint lying. I hate when i ask a random for a spot and they grab the bar soon as i unrack it. I make it a point to tell em dont touch the bar until it stops moving or it starts going back down

Carb day was yesterday.

Bacon, egg and cheese crossaints
Big cinnamon bun with whipped cream
Carne Asada burrito with rice/beans/pico de gallo/etc
Short Rib burrito with the same
Blonde brownies with whipped cream
3 bowls of Frosted Flakes
3 protein shakes with about 30g each with milk (of course)

600g carbs in an enjoyable way.

Squats/Chest today.
pimp.gif
God damn!

You doing Keto?

Squats/Chest

Squat

Barx10
135x8 all paused reps
225x6
315x8
335x5
365x6 (PR)
365x5
315x7

Just a couple weeks back, I failed 365 for a single. :lol:

Volume training has definitely made a huge difference in my squat strength and mechanics, the 405 is around the corner.

DB incline bench press

75x8
100x8
115x6 (PR)
115x4
100x8
100x8

Felt very strong here, got out of position in the second set of 115, if that hadn't happened I feel like I could've gotten more.

120 for 6 is the goal next time.

Lat Pulldown

220x10
200x14
200x12
180x14

Hammer Strength Bro Bench

335x10
315x10x2
315x5

Weighted Dips superset with Incline DB chest fly

45x10x3 on dips
50x12x3 on flys

Finished with face pulls, more chest accessory, curls and more dips with no weight.

Really happy that I was able to hit some PR's today and keep my momentum going, especially in my squat since that's the lift I've struggled with the most.

Last edited:
God damn!
You doing Keto?

Na I'm still bulking for another 2 weeks minimum but after that I will be doing a modified Keto diet to cut while maintaining the strength I've built and hopefully even increasing it a little bit as I get to around 9% BF.

I'll post my diet and the results here.

Na I'm still bulking for another 2 weeks minimum but after that I will be doing a modified Keto diet to cut while maintaining the strength I've built and hopefully even increasing it a little bit as I get to around 9% BF.

I'll post my diet and the results here.
Gotcha. I saw "carb day" an thought maybe you were already on keto, or some kind of low carb diet/cycle.

I'm going to Mexico in the spring so I started doing Keto two weeks ago to cut body fat. I'm on a two week cycle and my carb day wasn't anything near that
laugh.gif

^^^

I eat around 300 carbs on a regular day but still have a day once a week where I go for double and then I attempt some max lifts in the gym next first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.

Its been working super well for me and even when I cut and am on 50-75g carbs daily I'll still carb up to around 400 once a week for the rebound effect and to keep my sanity.

Will be different food sources though, more rice with protein/sushi/noodles instead of sweets to keep fats low.

Felt mad lazy today. Got to the gym and put my favorite album on, A Gangster and a Gentleman. Went super saiyan. Crushed back and boring *** biceps. Used the swiss bar for the first time for bicep curl, good switch from using the ez bar.

Bent over rows (underhand grip)
135x10
185x8
205x6
225x6
245x4
275x3
225x6
205x8
185x10
135x20

Seated rows
270x8
290X8
300x8

Seated rows on cable machine
100x10x4

Lat pulldown (5reg grip 5reverse grip)
270x10
290x10
320x10

Pull ups- 6x5
Db curl- 3x10
Db hammer curl- 3x10
Concentration curl- 3x10
Barbell curl(swiss bar)- 3x10
Single arm db preacher curl- 3x10
Forearm curl- 60 each arm

Felt mad lazy today. Got to the gym and put my favorite album on, A Gangster and a Gentleman. Went super saiyan. Crushed back and boring *** biceps. Used the swiss bar for the first time for bicep curl, good switch from using the ez bar.

Bent over rows (underhand grip)
135x10
185x8
205x6
225x6
245x4
275x3
225x6
205x8
185x10
135x20

Seated rows