STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

^

yea just do whatever you feel like doing. at the end of the day, progress is what matter. 

was watching one of matt ogus recent vid and learned something new... basically the hand position for hitting triceps (cables) dont matter... what matters is the shoulder position. so he recommended hitting it from 3 angles. down-up, straight, up-down. i personally never thought about it like that lol. always just did pushdown lol.

@10:01

Just posting what was sent to me. Not tryna force it on anyone or say it's the way to go. :tongue:

I myself agree in simplicity. I barely take any supps. I wide eyed the CLA's but the glutamin I was fine with considering the scoops are micro.

As far as meals go. I always been in great shape when I train and am not BS'in. I've done IIFYM. I've had fun. So to change it up for a little bit is fine with me.

The way I see the plan isn't based off of what to eat. But just implementing fasted cardio. And my big carb meal post workout as opppsed to what I been doing which is carbs breakfast, lunch, dinner and then some.

Just gives me some stability.

Will see how it goes. :smile:

Sounds like you're used to gettin after it!! I only ask about your personal trainer because it's illegal for trainers in my state to give out personal gram recommendations for weight loss. General food types are fine, but as soon as they dip into specific numbers it falls out of their scope of practice. I know it's not the case for everywhere but I was wondering if your trainer was also a nutritionist because having one thats both is God damn awesome and you WILL get the results you want from taking their advice fo sho

Sounds like you're used to gettin after it!! I only ask about your personal trainer because it's illegal for trainers in my state to give out personal gram recommendations for weight loss. General food types are fine, but as soon as they dip into specific numbers it falls out of their scope of practice. I know it's not the case for everywhere but I was wondering if your trainer was also a nutritionist because having one thats both is God damn awesome and you WILL get the results you want from taking their advice fo sho

Completely understand! I didn't know that. His insta is all about contest prep with clients and being a nutritionist. As far as being CERTIFIED..I didn't text and ask that cuz that could be taken the wrong way! ahaha. I'll try and find out!

IIFYM is fun, but when i get serious for cutting i would rather follow a diet that i can follow to keep me on track.

Each to their own though, im currently doing iifym now cause im just chillin and lifting at the moment.

lets get it everybody :smokin

Trying to bulk up but I've got a high metabolism and healthy food just doesn't keep me full long enough :smh: it basically has the same effect as drinking lots of water does. it's like I don't have the time or the money to eat as much healthy food as I need to.

Last edited:
Trying to bulk up but I've got a high metabolism and healthy food just doesn't keep me full long enough :smh: it basically has the same effect as drinking lots of water does. it's like I don't have the time or the money to eat as much healthy food as I need to.

So eat non healthy foods then. If you're trying to bulk up you don't have to eat healthy all the time

I was about to say, half of what he said he doesn't even need....lmao

Idk. I like simplicity...I stick to the basics. Why make it any harder than it already is....

I just finished my mini cut. I drank beer and ate junk food all of the days on it. Still pushing 9%. But if someone is fine eating dry chicken and unseasoned veggies....more power to ya.

Beer and junk food everyday? :lol:

I agree with the simplicity part though.
for real, check my last youtube video lmao. Had to switch to bud light. Colt had way too many cals :/

And whoever brought ogus up, he liked my bench video on IG. That was weird haha

Last edited:
Can I get some feedback on this diet? I'd like to avoid supplements and my goal is to drop fat. I've gone vegeatarian for 2 months so trying to ensure I'm getting enough protein still. Also, just trying to keep it simple.

Currently intermittent fasting. My 8 hour window is between 11:30-7:30.

11:30 - smoothie with spinach, peanut butter, 1 scoop of protein, and water

12 - quinoa, vegetables, tofu (or some other vegan meat)

Snacks - cheesestick, Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup almonds

5- smoothie with spinach, peanut butter, 1 scoop of protein, and water

5:30 - pre workout - workout until about 7

7:15 - I mix it up for dinner. Beans, hard boiled eggs, quinoa, vegetables, etc.

I'm at about 1 gram of protein and carbs per body weight and about 0.4-0.5 garms of fat per body weight.

Thoughts?

^^

Food is fine but have you calculated your Resting Metabolic Rate and how much calories you need to eat to be in a deficit?

Because that's the only thing that really matter while cutting, it's not so much about the actual food you eat, it's a numbers game.

I see a lot of y'all in here making cutting way more complicated than need be.

It's just eating at a 500-1000 calorie deficit daily while hitting your protein #'s with refeeds every 7 days.

^^

I see a lot of y'all in here making cutting way more complicated than need be.

It's just eating at a 500-1000 calorie deficit daily while hitting your protein #'s with refeeds every 7 days.
IMO People higher than 12% don't really need every 7 days. I'd say every 2 weeks. But you do need refeeds to hit single digit.

Repost for the first statement. Why work hard to score when you can get easy buckets.

Takes time. When I first started out, I was just like them. Then I did my research.

Pardon my ignorance. What are "refeeds"?

Just eating normally then going back into your cut?

Trying to get my weight down for a fight (just a local gym "amateur" bout) early summer and want to do some work getting my weight down on my own before I go hard training and "cutting" for it.

Pardon my ignorance. What are "refeeds"?

Just eating normally then going back into your cut?

Trying to get my weight down for a fight (just a local gym "amateur" bout) early summer and want to do some work getting my weight down on my own before I go hard training and "cutting" for it.

A refeed is yes basically a day where you eat at or above maintainence levels depending on your goals.

When I cut I got low carb daily so my refeeds consist of about 400-500g carbs then back to about 40-60g the rest of the time.

I plan refeeds before a day where I lift as heavy as possible.

This helps you maintain and if you're still early in the procees gain strength through a cut.

Man, I can't wait to cut. In the skinniest 200 lb guy I've ever seen I'm pretty sure. I'm only 6'0 but I'm about 35 lbs heavier than I'm used to. Don't look it though, which sucks.

Fyi refeed day is NOT YOUR CHEAT DAY.

People keep getting those two mixed up

Also true.

It's supposed to be low fat high carbs and high protein.

Basically just eating a lot of Latino/Asian food will get you there.

Sweets and **** will not.

Super negro [emoji]128526[/emoji]

Vids seem way more personal than other "fitness" vids.

My fat *** got to 280 from being 237 after being 350.

Only saving grace is I'm 5'11 so I don't look it but I feel it.

Can you guys help me understand the macros better? I don't have a scale so is it a game of labels?

Can you guys help me understand the macros better? I don't have a scale so is it a game of labels?

Probably need a scale if you want to accurately count your macros. You'll likely need to weigh some of your food. I'm going to use the my fitness pal app and weigh everything to track my macros

Yeah. Like jon said, you'll need a scale. If you guesstimate, always pUT more than you think it is, to be safe.

Eh. Not really. My subscribers don't even know my real name lol. I just do it for the lulz. #supa

Last edited:

So eat non healthy foods then. If you're trying to bulk up you don't have to eat healthy all the time

I've got a very minimal flat tire that I want to eliminate, won't eating unhealthy contribute to that? Especially since I rarely do cardio.

I've got a very minimal flat tire that I want to eliminate, won't eating unhealthy contribute to that? Especially since I rarely do cardio.

If you're trying to eliminate fat, you probably need to cut not bulk up. If you're trying to bulk up you're going to gain some fat. And it's really not limited to eating unhealthy. If you eat over your maintenance calories whether it's healthy or not you'll gain weight and likely some body fat.

I need some help guys im kind of stuck. Im at this job where its really physically demanding, im talking about sprinting and lifting trashcans that usually weigh 40lbs+ for about 4-5hours. Idk how accurate the apple watch is but i average about 1,500-2000 cals during my route. Plus i go to the gym later in the day to lift for a bout 1hr. Im eating about 2300 cals right now.

But I Cant lose a lb to save my life right now, im stuck at 220lbs. Im 5-9

. Can you guys point me in somewhere to see how much i gotta eat/macros.

Last edited:
Hit the track for lunch

ran 3 miles

went back inside hit dls

385 x 1
365 x 2
315 x 5
2 sets of 225 x 10

did some shoulder work afterwards was gassed after that run though. drenched with sweat

going back tonight ran outta time on my break

Last edited:
Hit the track for lunch

ran 3 miles

went back inside hit dls

385 x 1
365 x 2
315 x 5
2 sets of 225 x 10

did some shoulder work afterwards was gassed after that run though. drenched with sweat

going back tonight ran outta time on my lunch break

Is that the order you did DLs in? I never seen that

My man did all that on his lunch break. I'd need 20 minutes after 3 miles to go into deads. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom