STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

about to go hit this chest workout. and then either abs or shoulders. Not sure which yet.

205 for 1? I hit 185x2 last week. I was supposed to hit 3. Failed. Might re-rUn the week over. I see where the progression slows down for OHP. Lol.

Also failed today at deads. Had 410x4 last set. Only hit 3. Dropped it before I crippled another body part. I was kind of mentally tired. That 410 felt like the 445.

Going to the orthopedic tomorrow.

Bro the deads get hard af after a while. I remember I got to 3 plates in like a few months on dl and doing full sets at that. Getting to 500 is a *****. :lol:

Last edited:
205 for 1? I hit 185x2 last week. I was supposed to hit 3. Failed. Might re-rUn the week over. I see where the progression slows down for OHP. Lol.

Also failed today at deads. Had 410x4 last set. Only hit 3. Dropped it before I crippled another body part. I was kind of mentally tired. That 410 felt like the 445.

Going to the orthopedic tomorrow.

Ya, i wanted to throw 210 on there after and give it a try but i wanna be able to bench tomorrow :lol:. Hell ya ive noticed my progression slow down on ohp. Ima give it another shot a day when im feeling more fresh cuz the day after ed coan has me toast. Like i was stuffed in a washing machine :lol:

Bro the deads get hard af after a while. I remember I got to 3 plates in like a few months on dl and doing full sets at that. Getting to 500 is a *****. :lol:

Since I have gotten into the 600 range it definitely takes longer to recover when I go heavy compared to before.

Good work fellas

Did back today. Was feeling good and the pump kicked in. Did way more sets than usual of rows, pulldowns, etc. At the end I was able to channel that stress and push myself past fatigue. Ya boy was making noise with 40lb DB rows [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I start my cut tomorrow :\ feels batman. Chicken and veggies galore for a while. Gonna miss eating like s***

Since I have gotten into the 600 range it definitely takes longer to recover when I go heavy compared to before.

How long have you been lifting? 600 is a loooong ways off for me. I can imagine you're sore a few days at least. I'm gonna go pull 90% max doubles in a few minutes myself.

pimp.gif

That feeling sucks but its so good at the same time lol. Lets u know u put in that work
you already know. its the good kind of pain

Must have slept on my shoulder the wrong way. Externally/Internally rotating my arm causes a ton of pain all day. It hasn't disrupted my day, but it hurts like hell when I trigger it. I hope it's just temporary.

Lifted at anytime today unfortunately or else I would have pr'd but I was dl with a squat bar and no chalk. Got 435 up to my knees twice and just had to lock it out but the bar slipped out both times. The weight moved quick though so with a dl bar and chalk I got it.

Dl
315x5
385 2x2
395x2
405 2x2
435 x 2 fails
315 2x5

All the weight was moving quick, I'm just spoiled from having nice bars and chalk at my main gym.

Ray Williams squatting 1052 like its 405 in only a belt and knee sleeve. :x

What in gods name man? :smh:

i follow big ray too and man....there was no doubt on this he sunk it. I hate watching the geared up lifters who barely if at all hit parallel on that wide *** stance and get white lights. Ray doing the "sport" proud

Lifted at anytime today unfortunately or else I would have pr'd but I was dl with a squat bar and no chalk. Got 435 up to my knees twice and just had to lock it out but the bar slipped out both times. The weight moved quick though so with a dl bar and chalk I got it.

Dl
315x5
385 2x2
395x2
405 2x2
435 x 2 fails
315 2x5

All the weight was moving quick, I'm just spoiled from having nice bars and chalk at my main gym.

You gotsta carry your own chalk.....

Yeah, that Ray Williams is something else. First person to ever have a 2400+ total without wraps or anything. Crazy.....

Any tips for the biceps?
I'm doing arms today and I wanna try some new excercises that specifically hit my upper bicep (closer to the armpit)
I notice a lot of biceps excercises I do usually hit the opposite part :frown:

Chest day today. Worked up to 270x3 on flat.

Flat bench
Barx10
135x10
225x5
250x5
270x3(pr)
250x3

Close grip bench
135x5
225x5
240x3 x2(pr)

Incline
135x8
185x5
225x5
225x3

Db bench flat- 70x3x10
Db bench incline- 70x3x10
Cable crossovers (high to low)- 30x3x10
Cable crossovers (low to high)- 25x3x10
Weighted dips- 25x10, 25x8, 25x8
Skull crushers- 85x3x10
Rope pulldown- 75x3x10
Bar pulldown- 100x3x10

Are you guys mostly working for strength or hypertrophy? Are you working on the aesthetics of your physiques or mainly just looking to get your numbers up?

Are you guys mostly working for strength or hypertrophy? Are you working on the aesthetics of your physiques or mainly just looking to get your numbers up?

Hypertrophy and some strength right now for me. My goal is to work on aesthetics in late May/early June after I gain some more LBM.

I've been doing mostly hypertrophy with 1 strength day a week for a months but while I'm cutting I'll reduce volume and go more in 90% of 1RM range to maintain strength but not exhaust myself while in a deficit.

I'm kinda doing both but more focused on numbers right now. End of march I'm gonna start a cut and be more physique oriented

Back
Top Bottom