STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just gotta clear it up, I'm in no way lean lol. I just look like some dude who lifts but I'm not way looking like im on that zyzz lifestyle .

Want to get some overeat headphones now that I'm running and training again...

Recommendations? Something water/sweat proof preferably because I sweat like a wh-re in church.

Olympus Olympus What did you guys do for people heavily downwardly rotated at your practice? I have a winged scapula and have realized within the past year that my downward rotators are all tonic (lats, pec minor, rhomboids, levator). I've bee working hard trying to effectively get my arms overhead slowly but surely. Serratus wall slides, overhead shrugs, stretching the antagonists. Just basically trying to get to a more neutral, less extended posture. I was doing way too much "down and back."

Any miracle exercises you guys use to eliminate winging and focus on upward rotation?

Not sure if over the ear are for you if you sweat like crazy...it just looks cool. I tried it for a few months and they would slip off if I did any intense sprinting or even laying on the bench.

Go with in ears...I have a pair from Anker called Soundbuds Surge. $25 I think.

Olympus Olympus What did you guys do for people heavily downwardly rotated at your practice? I have a winged scapula and have realized within the past year that my downward rotators are all tonic (lats, pec minor, rhomboids, levator). I've bee working hard trying to effectively get my arms overhead slowly but surely. Serratus wall slides, overhead shrugs, stretching the antagonists. Just basically trying to get to a more neutral, less extended posture. I was doing way too much "down and back."

Any miracle exercises you guys use to eliminate winging and focus on upward rotation?

What do you mean by tonic?

Posture is more about actively engaging desired posture more than it is about any muscle being lengthened tight. More something you want to reinforce, not stretch out of.

As far as scapular winging goes, that’s an issue of a weak serratus from my understanding as part of the serratus’ job is to hold the scapular against the thoracic Wall (I think that’s the right term, but essentially keep it pressed tight to the body). Serratus exercises like push up plus’, plank plus’, dip plus’, cable punches are great for serratus strengthening.

Can you clarify what the issue is? Are you saying overhead shoulder mobility + scapular upward rotation are limited?

And for the record, I AM NOT A PHYSICAL THERAPIST. I’m aspiring to be, but I haven’t even gotten into the meat of my undergrad much less PT school and I help out at an SNF so I can ask around but normally these things aren’t worked out as our patients are just trying to sit and stand and move without assistance. I’m merely someone that loves this stuff for now so I can do best but just know I’m nowhere qualified.

What do you mean by tonic?

Posture is more about actively engaging desired posture more than it is about any muscle being lengthened tight. More something you want to reinforce, not stretch out of.

As far as scapular winging goes, that’s an issue of a weak serratus from my understanding as part of the serratus’ job is to hold the scapular against the thoracic Wall (I think that’s the right term, but essentially keep it pressed tight to the body). Serratus exercises like push up plus’, plank plus’, dip plus’, cable punches are great for serratus strengthening.

Can you clarify what the issue is? Are you saying overhead shoulder mobility + scapular upward rotation are limited?

And for the record, I AM NOT A PHYSICAL THERAPIST. I’m aspiring to be, but I haven’t even gotten into the meat of my undergrad much less PT school and I help out at an SNF so I can ask around but normally these things aren’t worked out as our patients are just trying to sit and stand and move without assistance. I’m merely someone that loves this stuff for now so I can do best but just know I’m nowhere qualified.

I guess rather than tonic, "overactive" would have been a better descriptor. I'm downwardly rotated as in I've put too much emphasis on my downward rotators (scapular retractors and depressors). Essentially my routine wasn't balanced. There was too much emphasis on "down and back": rowing and other pulling variations, deadlifts, bench press and other chest routines where the shoulders are packed.

It's created an ability for me to comfortably upwardly rotate and protract my shoulder blades which they need to do to, especially if I ever want to train overhead. So yes, it's very limited and led to an over extended/lordotic posture.

This will give you more of an anatomical background:

http://tonygentilcore.com/2013/11/shoulders-depressed/

Not sure if over the ear are for you if you sweat like crazy...it just looks cool. I tried it for a few months and they would slip off if I did any intense sprinting or even laying on the bench.

Go with in ears...I have a pair from Anker called Soundbuds Surge. $25 I think.

Yea I have the same issue with in ear, anytime I'm hitting sprints on lay on my back for dumbbell/ab work they are just a pain.

In ears bother you?

That's weird as hell. Buds might be too small

Could be the case... it mostly bothers me because the thing they are connected to jumps all around.

Imma try the one you recommend though, just a wire. Might get the in ear nothing attached to it ones as well. I have some work that do a decent job.

week 8... wasnt even feelin that good cause of the rain and humidity.... gym was stupid hot/humid.

440 1x2 (rep pr)
325 3x3

week 9 next week... i gotta hit 455 for a 1 rm... i failed this **** 4 freaking times before i decided to jump on the ed coan program. im rdy.

Alright fellas after running a 10k this past Sunday I'm deciding that it's time to drop the weight. Currently 240-245lbs pretty much dirty bulk. I miss being able to wear sz L shirts and fitting in a 36. :rollseyes

Ultimately, I've improved my time in 10ks and managed to improve my timing by 10-13min which was my goal from the beginning to see what I was capable of cardio-wise.

So, seeking some tips/advice/guidance on how to shed off 40-50lbs. Since diet is main priority I read some of you trying out Keto, how's the progress going? Been sticking to stairmaster 20-30mins as of the last 2 weeks and I sure feel it more effective in shedding the water weight. Definitely will need to come up with a calorie intake and macro calculation for this.

Also, any supplements to look into? meal replacements? sweat suit? Really gonna set myself to this challenge.

you looking to put on muscle or is your mail goal just to lose weight/fat?

edit* sweatsuit is useless. you're just losing water weight which you'll put right back on.

find your bmr (google it)
be on a caloric deficit by 250-500 calores
stay consistent
workout/lift/cardio
????
profit

At this point I will give up the muscle and just lose weight/fat. If I get the urge to lift I'll make sure I stick to light weight since as of lately I've been going heavier with the weights for strength.

Kind of figured the sweat suit would be a waste. Not to mention the annoyance of having to clean it out on a daily basis.

How do you feel about using sweet sweat? Been seeing a lot of people using it or is it just another useless product?

Appreciate the tips, I'll start with a 300 calorie deficit and work up as soon as I mess around with the macros on how my body will function by dropping the calorie intake.

What’s the best vegan protein powder out now?

Grass fed protein?

Overall?

There’s so many on instagram now. Guide me.

Back
Top Bottom