STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

6B3FA48D-4548-4262-AA9C-47A5C04E197F.jpeg

I’d be shocked if mans doesn’t live in his mamas house, whether he’s 17 or 37

a quarter mile in 50 sec is doable, but not 4-8 times nonstop :lol:

*edit*
okay, I just looked up 400m times...under a minute is possible.
the world record is 43.03 sec

Last edited:
So what’s everyone’s goal as the year is closing out?

Did everyone reach their 2018 goals you set in January?

Mine was a 500 DL and 405 squat but I only got the 405 squat. Try a close out the year with at least a 480 DL and 305 bench.

Be as close to 200 as possible.

:lol: I know you're trolling, I mean I know you are. Because you have to be. But Usain bolt would probably run a mile in 5 minutes if he kept his pace. He ran the 200 in 2:10. I HIGHLY doubt anybody in here can run a mile in 6 or less
You serious with these numbers? Sub 6 mile is like high school cross country numbers.

Looking to get out of my ****ing expensive gym. I mainly run but like to lift 3-4x/wk (nothing crazy). Anyone have thoughts on anytime fitness vs la fitness vs planet fitness?

Looking to get out of my ****ing expensive gym. I mainly run but like to lift 3-4x/wk (nothing crazy). Anyone have thoughts on anytime fitness vs la fitness vs planet fitness?
A no to planet fitness. The rest are the same really. Get the cheapest one nearest to you. Distance changes everything. Also look to see which has the best hours

You serious with these numbers? Sub 6 mile is like high school cross country numbers.

Kid I graduated with ran at Stanford and he broke 4 minutes on the mile so yeah sub 6 would be a pretty good high school runner.

I think jon4rd jon4rd meant people in here, as in people who lift seriously and don't concentrate on running or stamina. I would say if anyone in here could you would be more of a crossfitter in terms of training. Apples to oranges.

Eliminate planet fitness from your consideration

Kid I graduated with ran at Stanford and he broke 4 minutes on the mile so yeah sub 6 would be a pretty good high school runner.
The difference between 5:50 mile and a 5:40 mile is HUGE. The GAP of ability once times dip down that low is a big deal. A sub 6 mile (like 5:57) is doable by most runners. By “runner” I mean people actually training for such an event

Thanks for the responses
Out of curiosity whats wrong with planet fitness? Ill prob end up at anytime bc its by my house and omw to work. I felt like the owner was kind of pushy getting me to sign up and seemed a little tweaked, which i didnt care for too much but whatever. :lol:

looked up presidential high school mile times and this came up that had me rollin for some reason.
"For the average male high-schooler not involved in track or cross country, anything less than 8 minutes is “decent.” For a competitive male high school athlete, he usually has to run a mile in well under 5 minutes to be considered “decent.” The milerecord for high school is 3:53 and change."

I thought sub 6 in high school was great but nah I stunk.

Thanks for the responses
Out of curiosity whats wrong with planet fitness? Ill prob end up at anytime bc its by my house and omw to work. I felt like the owner was kind of pushy getting me to sign up and seemed a little tweaked, which i didnt care for too much but whatever. :lol:
Nothing is wrong. It had an old stigma of being ridiculous for people who lift heavy and basically people can snitch on you for doing big lifts acting like a hunk.
But thats all passed and most people mind their business. You cant fo in deadlifting heavy. But u can still squat bench other stuff. Better than an anytime fitness

I think jon4rd jon4rd meant people in here, as in people who lift seriously and don't concentrate on running or stamina. I would say if anyone in here could you would be more of a crossfitter in terms of training. Apples to oranges.

This :lol:. Sure cats hit that in high school when we had all the energy in the world and all weighed 20+ lbs less but who in here can honestly get out there and run a mile in under 6 right now? Maybe the dude that plays soccer all the time

Are you doing the 12 round cardio

A lot of jump rope, speed bag, pads, heavy bags.

Mix in battle ropes, shadow box with and without weights, push ups/sit ups/burpees/dips. Conditionings coming along though.

This one chick that's a conditioning coach be having us do some hectic ab workouts...****s are tough af to me. She's a beast, serious in the ring too.

The difference between 5:50 mile and a 5:40 mile is HUGE. The GAP of ability once times dip down that low is a big deal. A sub 6 mile (like 5:57) is doable by most runners. By “runner” I mean people actually training for such an event

Exactly, same as going from benching 590 to 600. 10 pounds is a ****ing lot when you're a that level.

Back
Top Bottom