STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Almost 8 weeks into contest prep and 8 weeks away from my show. Started at 186 and I’m currently at 172. I had huge drops the first 6 weeks. Now it’s beginning to really slow thank god :lol:. Strength sucks but looking good in the mirror :D

^This. A lot of the "weight" people drop is water weight, the lack of mass from depleted gylcogen levels, lean mass, and some is fat.

Most people prolly don't have the know-how to effectively manipulate their body composition like that.

Yep, getting lean and losing weight are vastly different and you should approach the 2 like that as well. Thats why majority of people that just lose weight end up skinny fat and looking depleted, they just drop their calories to damn near nothing and do cardio all day instead of doing some weight training and eating high protein amounts.

Thats one thing about Chris Jones thats so impressive, that dude can literally bulk up to 225 and then cut 30 pounds and look stage ready just about and not lose a lot of muscle.

On kind of the same topic, I was looking at Jim Stoppanis IG this morning where he posts peoples transformations and it was funny to see the one guy that hopped on a cycle that you couldn't leave comments on it, but all the other ones you could :lol:

Last edited:
Yep, getting lean and losing weight are vastly different and you should approach the 2 like that as well. Thats why majority of people that just lose weight end up skinny fat and looking depleted, they just drop their calories to damn near nothing and drop cardio all day instead of doing some weight training and eating high protein amounts.

Thats one thing about Chris Jones thats so impressive, that dude can literally bulk up to 225 and then cut 30 pounds and look stage ready just about and not lose a lot of muscle.

On kind of the same topic, I was looking at Jim Stoppanis IG this morning where he posts peoples transformations and it was funny to see the one guy that hopped on a cycle that you couldn't leave comments on it but all the other ones you could :lol:

In a nutshell...

Getting lean = body recomposition.

Losing weight = getting skinny fat. :lol:

I’ll never say it out loud but I side eye TF out of ppl who only diet and if they workout at all they just do light cardio.

Then they wonder why they gain it all back and still feel like crap after losing weight.

You didn’t change **** about your lifestyle b, you just starved yourself.

My co worker actually killed it this winter. He did something he can do forever and he looks a lot better.

2000 calories a day and lifts 4 days a week.

He’s almost 60, he didn’t just get skinny. He’s actually got a shape now and doesn’t look like a trash bag full of water anymore.

My buddy started running test and all it did was make him smash more. :lol:

He actually got smaller.

Funny how everyone reacts different to that.

Did he forget to lift and eat? :lol: more emphasis on the eating part, thats what people don't realize about gear, you can take it all you want but you will not grow if you don't know how to EAT.

Although Im pretty sure its been proven that someone running gear can just sit on the and still put on muscle.

In a nutshell...

Getting lean = body recomposition.

Losing weight = getting skinny fat. :lol:

I’ll never say it out loud but I side eye TF out of ppl who only diet and if they workout at all they just do light cardio.

Then they wonder why they gain it all back and still feel like crap after losing weight.

You didn’t change **** about your lifestyle b, you just starved yourself.

Women normally are the worst when it comes to that last part :lol: end up losing all their shape :smh:

My co worker actually killed it this winter. He did something he can do forever and he looks a lot better.

2000 calories a day and lifts 4 days a week.

He’s almost 60, he didn’t just get skinny. He’s actually got a shape now and doesn’t look like a trash bag full of water anymore.

I wish I could live off 2000 calories forever :lol:

Yeah I think his diet is trash. Idk dude isn’t really the ideal candidate. He’s got some mental issues which he said it’s actually helped him with his depression. He’s strong as hell though, he hit a 4 plate front squat the other day at 180 pounds.

His problem is he goes off the deep end for a week at a time and won’t leave the house.

Basically my point was gear isn’t a magic pill that makes you swole, you still gotta do work and eat like a horse.

Yeah I think his diet is trash. Idk dude isn’t really the ideal candidate. He’s got some mental issues which he said it’s actually helped him with his depression. He’s strong as hell though, he hit a 4 plate front squat the other day at 180 pounds.

His problem is he goes off the deep end for a week at a time and won’t leave the house.

Basically my point was gear isn’t a magic pill that makes you swole, you still gotta do work and eat like a horse.

He needs to focus on getting mental issues handled instead of taking ****ing hormones that alter your mental state...people don't realize that you're turning you body AND mind into a science experiment when you take gear, no one knows how you'll react to the stuff. Also if you have depression/anxiety it can alter body composition as well, so yeah dude was a horrible candidate lol

Yeah eating clean is hard.

Dirty bulking is easy.

But actually building lean mass is grueling.

giphy.gif

Even getting in calories while cutting can be tough. Ive started on 300 grams of carbs and gettin in 300 grams of “clean” carbs is annoying :lol:

i remember those days.Ive been dirty bulking mostly since Oct last year, so i gained 2x more fat... starting to feel it. Short of breath, getting slower.

Ive been switching up my meals now tho, to make it more clean/healthier. But lately my appetite has been off.

Yeah, calories are easy but you gotta take into account the amount you digest at one time before you start to diarrhea it out. You don’t slam a couple Big Mac meals and just be done with it unless it’s routinely what you do

He needs to focus on getting mental issues handled instead of taking ****ing hormones that alter your mental state...people don't realize that you're turning you body AND mind into a science experiment when you take gear, no one knows how you'll react to the stuff. Also if you have depression/anxiety it can alter body composition as well, so yeah dude was a horrible candidate lol

Preaching to the choir bro. :lol:

Yeah, calories are easy but you gotta take into account the amount you digest at one time before you start to diarrhea it out. You don’t slam a couple Big Mac meals and just be done with it unless it’s routinely what you do

but....but...GAINZZZZzzzZZZZZZ

lol im just trolling dont mind me

Back
Top Bottom