STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

been starting to sleep on my back exclusively past few weeks and it's made a big difference

met with the author of this book few back

41b3SquKlIL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Week 4, Day 2: 10AM -- Back Squat/ Sumo DL, 5/3/1 Day

1. T1: Back Squat: w/u
1x5 @ 250; 1x3 @ 280; 1x1+ [5] @ 315; 1x1 @ 345; 1x1 @ 365; 1x1 @ 385; 1x1 @ 405; 1x3 @ 295; 1x3 @ 280; 1x3 @ 265; 1x5 @ 250; 1x5 @ 230; 1x5+ [5] @ 215
2. T2: Sumo Deadlift:
1x5 @ 210; 1x5 @ 250; 1x1@365; 1x1 @ 405; 1x1 @ 455; 1x1 @ 515; 1x3,5,7,4,6,8 @ 295
3. Single-Leg Press 3x10
4. Smith Standing Calf Raise 4x12
5. Lying Leg Curls 2x10 gs/
6. Leg Extensions 4x12 gs/
7. Seated Leg Curls 2x12
8. Thigh Abductor 3x12
9. Thigh Adductor 3x12
10. Weighted Decline Sit-ups 3x10
11. Seated Calf Raise 3x20, 1x35

Summary: 53 working sets
Time: 2 hrs, 37mins.

imo no one does em these days cause:

1. PPL is more mentally and physically pleasing/enjoyable/easier
2. PPL is whats been pushed in social media with the whole bro split movement as well
3. most people overdo it on fullbody so they cant recover fast enough to do it again on the day after lol

Would probably agree with this (except almost all of the PLers I know irl either do U/L or FB. Don't know any that do bro splits and haven't really met anybody that does PPLs either).

All of the scrong folks I know do UL or FB. All of the fukkbois I know do SL5x5 or bro splits and have no gains. All the BBers I know do brolic splits and have only decent (at best) Big 3 numbers.

If you want a more athletic body, full body twice a week isn't a bad thing. It is actually more advisable, due to the fact that you must work on other things that are sports skill based. Some people simply want to remain fit, looking like dudes/chicks in Men's Health/Women's Health, rather than the dudes in Muscle and Fitness.

Shannon Sharpe looks fantastic, especially since you know that he was a top level athlete. LeBron looks great, especially since you know that what he has, actually does something. In shape, Serena Williams destroys the stereotype that only skinny white girls are fit. At times it is truly about feeling good, and then being able to do all the things that you want to do, as opposed to simply want to impress people with your look.

Been sick all week last week. Started nSuns 5/3/1 after seeing it here and doing some research. On day 2 Squat/DL. Haven't been this gassed in a long time. Feels good man...

Would probably agree with this (except almost all of the PLers I know irl either do U/L or FB. Don't know any that do bro splits and haven't really met anybody that does PPLs either).

All of the scrong folks I know do UL or FB. All of the fukkbois I know do SL5x5 or bro splits and have no gains. All the BBers I know do brolic splits and have only decent (at best) Big 3 numbers.

Whats the difference between a bro split and a brolic split? :lol: Most real bodybuilders (on gear) would put up impressive strength numbers if they trained for it.

The reason those guys have no gains is because their diets are **** and they have no idea what progressive overloading is. I got stronger than just about everyone in here and I literally followed the 5x5 template for like 3 years so it works for some.

Most serious powerlifters do custom programs from people that know what they're doing, the programs I gave out in here for free were customized to me by Matt Disbrow who I hired as a coach and has totaled over 2100 I believe.

Been sick all week last week. Started nSuns 5/3/1 after seeing it here and doing some research. On day 2 Squat/DL. Haven't been this gassed in a long time. Feels good man...
Today I seent my mans who I put on this mess. He like dude, wtf, I've been here over an hour already.:smh::rofl:

Sick all last week? Your body is not yet ready.:lol: Me and @SupremeBeing5 will send flowers.

Whats the difference between a bro split and a brolic split? :lol: Most real bodybuilders (on gear) would put up impressive strength numbers if they trained for it.

The reason those guys have no gains is because their diets are **** and they have no idea what progressive overloading is. I got stronger than just about everyone in here and I literally followed the 5x5 template for like 3 years so it works for some.

Most serious powerlifters do custom programs from people that know what they're doing, the programs I gave out in here for free were customized to me by Matt Disbrow who I hired as a coach and has totaled over 2100 I believe.

Never said 5x5 doesn't work, m'lord. Just said I see a lot of fukkbois doing it and making no gains. I started off on 8ish months of SL myself and was already outlifting most of the fuktards I see in the gym by that point, so I know it works.

A brolic split is more unconventional than the average bro split. Instead of a straight arms/chest/back/no legs type of split, I'll see dudes throw in another muscle group but their frequency for the week is usually 1x/week for everything except bis/tris. Not pure UL, not a FB, and not really a PPL.

Never said 5x5 doesn't work, m'lord. Just said I see a lot of fukkbois doing it and making no gains. I started off on 8ish months of SL myself and was already outlifting most of the fuktards I see in the gym by that point, so I know it works.

A brolic split is more unconventional than the average bro split. Instead of a straight arms/chest/back/no legs type of split, I'll see dudes throw in another muscle group but their frequency for the week is usually 1x/week for everything except bis/tris. Not pure UL, not a FB, and not really a PPL.

Yeah bro I see dudes in my gym been every day that been there 5 years and still look the same and still hit the same weights, makes no sense to me.

Think I tweaked my back on Saturday. Got a massage and been foam rolling it. Is there anything else I can do to help it along?

If you want a more athletic body, full body twice a week isn't a bad thing. It is actually more advisable, due to the fact that you must work on other things that are sports skill based. Some people simply want to remain fit, looking like dudes/chicks in Men's Health/Women's Health, rather than the dudes in Muscle and Fitness.

Shannon Sharpe looks fantastic, especially since you know that he was a top level athlete. LeBron looks great, especially since you know that what he has, actually does something. In shape, Serena Williams destroys the stereotype that only skinny white girls are fit. At times it is truly about feeling good, and then being able to do all the things that you want to do, as opposed to simply want to impress people with your look.

99% of the population that even takes working out seriously aren't gonna look like hall of fame athletes from only doing full body twice a week though :lol:

Those guys have goat level genetics and would look ripped up no matter what they did. When you're that tall its a whole lot easier to add lean muscle mass with minimal fat and look "fit".

All about your own goals though, no one way is right for everyone.

Right upper trap around my neck a little screwed up. Possibly strained. Probably gonna have to take a few days off :smh:

Only did squats and lunges today to give my upper body rest.

99% of the population that even takes working out seriously aren't gonna look like hall of fame athletes from only doing full body twice a week though :lol:

Those guys have goat level genetics and would look ripped up no matter what they did. When you're that tall its a whole lot easier to add lean muscle mass with minimal fat and look "fit".

All about your own goals though, no one way is right for everyone.

I do not really think that it is about looking like a hall of fame athlete, because looks do not dictate athleticism, nor the ability to compete even at a recreational level. The whole point of training for the recreational level is to have goals to point toward, look forward to in regard to performance. The closer you get to that goal, the better you will look and feel. It could be something as simple as walking a few miles a day as a senior, while also participating in Tai Chi for balance and awareness. For the weekend warrior, training twice a week with full body at least allows for the ability to be ready for impact and then enhancing possible recovery. The goal should be injury prevention, then just trying to have fun out there. People who are driven by look, through look, almost never achieve their goals. However, if you train for function, attempting to attain better performance in each movement, whether it is cardio, strength training, flexibility, you will look and then feel better, getting closer toward your goals. It is like analytics being used in sports today.
The bodybuilding mentality in regard to look and gym performance has never been the optimum in regard to overall health. But if you look to athletes, people who actually use what they've earned in the gym and through practice, that is far more attainable, realistic, and healthy for the average individual who is looking to make changes at a gradual and more realistic pace.

dinner was dope. walked a total of 3.5 miles to the grocery store and back bc I was bored.

6oz rotisserie chicken breast
jazzed some sriracha, kewpie, and ketchup on it
pickled cucumbers
7-8 sesame leaves for saam

I do not really think that it is about looking like a hall of fame athlete, because looks do not dictate athleticism, nor the ability to compete even at a recreational level. The whole point of training for the recreational level is to have goals to point toward, look forward to in regard to performance. The closer you get to that goal, the better you will look and feel. It could be something as simple as walking a few miles a day as a senior, while also participating in Tai Chi for balance and awareness. For the weekend warrior, training twice a week with full body at least allows for the ability to be ready for impact and then enhancing possible recovery. The goal should be injury prevention, then just trying to have fun out there. People who are driven by look, through look, almost never achieve their goals. However, if you train for function, attempting to attain better performance in each movement, whether it is cardio, strength training, flexibility, you will look and then feel better, getting closer toward your goals. It is like analytics being used in sports today.
The bodybuilding mentality in regard to look and gym performance has never been the optimum in regard to overall health. But if you look to athletes, people who actually use what they've earned in the gym and through practice, that is far more attainable, realistic, and healthy for the average individual who is looking to make changes at a gradual and more realistic pace.

Im not saying your logic is flawed, more so the examples you used weren't very good, not realistic at all.

I think youre using the extreme end of the bodybuilding spectrum like IFBB pros, of course they aren't healthy or at peak performance because they aren't training for it, not really a valid argument there. Its been widely accepted that bodybuilding at that level is very unhealthy and not what people should strive for. But you can most definitely be big and muscular and still be able to have great athletic performance, I will take that look over the weekend warrior look any day personally.

I agree with setting realistic and attainable goals thats why picking the right motivation is key.

Some dude at my job swears he’s swole af. Dude is a shrimp taking about i “have to eat so much becasue I train” and he’s eating like one banana.

Get away from me bro :lol: dude is overly loud and friendly to make matters worse.

Back
Top Bottom