STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Sneak attack filmer on 4th set.

6x3 335
3x15 leg press
4x8 seated ohp

Work out called for bench too but I did that yesterday instead.

That upper back
9AAFC643-67FA-4F4F-BC62-DC81C15F98BB.gif

What's up NT fam, hope everyone is doing well and having a great start to the week!

I know this is a noob question that has a wide array of answers based on what I've read online but I wanted to check in with you all. I recently purchased this protein powder online "OPTIMUM NUTRITION GOLD STANDARD 100% Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate Malt, 2 Pound" and was trying to determine how to incorporate this in my daily meal plan. As a vegetarian, I think it'd be a good way for me to get some added protein as I've really stayed more on the lean/skinny side after losing all this weight. I currently drink a shakeology shake for breakfast, have something else for post workout, and was trying to see if this can be had at any random time or if it's really ideal for pre/post workout in your guy's opinion?

To my knowledge having it whenever is okay because it's still contributing to the overall macros/reqs for the day. The way my schedule is with school, I predict it being something I'd drink in the late afternoon/evening or maybe even after dinner just based on how my life currently is. I usually was trying not to eat that late in the evening, but maybe this isn't a big deal since I stay up pretty late for school? I don't think there is really a right answer to this, but I just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts/comments.

Appreciate it fellas and hope everyone has a great week ahead!

What's up NT fam, hope everyone is doing well and having a great start to the week!

I know this is a noob question that has a wide array of answers based on what I've read online but I wanted to check in with you all. I recently purchased this protein powder online "OPTIMUM NUTRITION GOLD STANDARD 100% Whey Protein Powder, Chocolate Malt, 2 Pound" and was trying to determine how to incorporate this in my daily meal plan. As a vegetarian, I think it'd be a good way for me to get some added protein as I've really stayed more on the lean/skinny side after losing all this weight. I currently drink a shakeology shake for breakfast, have something else for post workout, and was trying to see if this can be had at any random time or if it's really ideal for pre/post workout in your guy's opinion?

To my knowledge having it whenever is okay because it's still contributing to the overall macros/reqs for the day. The way my schedule is with school, I predict it being something I'd drink in the late afternoon/evening or maybe even after dinner just based on how my life currently is. I usually was trying not to eat that late in the evening, but maybe this isn't a big deal since I stay up pretty late for school? I don't think there is really a right answer to this, but I just wanted to throw it out there to see if anyone had any thoughts/comments.

TL:dr

“When should I take my Whey protein shake?”

Post workout is the most common.

You can take it for extra protein whenever as well.

are you strict about the protein source in ur powder? plant based options are out there if you're not into whey.

are you strict about the protein source in ur powder? plant based options are out there if you're not into whey.

The shakeology I have in the morning is the Vanilla Vegan/Plant-based one, but that being said I'm not particularly against a Whey protein option. I'm just trying to figure out if it makes a difference as to when I consume it in terms of my current diet

TL:dr

You can take it for extra protein whenever as well.

Good looks, not sure if it made a drastic difference in terms of timing.

The shakeology I have in the morning is the Vanilla Vegan/Plant-based one, but that being said I'm not particularly against a Whey protein option. I'm just trying to figure out if it makes a difference as to when I consume it in terms of my current diet

Good looks, not sure if it made a drastic difference in terms of timing.
In regards to just adding cals to your daily caloric intake, you should be good.

Also, since you stay up later in school, I'd suggest greek yogurt in the evening as a great calorie punch.

Super impressed with your weight loss journey and I hope your goal to add lean muscle goes as successful.

Some swear by eating an hour after you lift, others like myself don’t care.
I remember an era in my late 20s when i swear the protein window was the real deal. i'd get scared of missing that post workout shake hard lol

I remember an era in my late 20s when i swear the protein window was the real deal. i'd get scared of missing that post workout shake hard lol

It’s like you didn’t even lift if you miss the window bro!

In regards to just adding cals to your daily caloric intake, you should be good.

Also, since you stay up later in school, I'd suggest greek yogurt in the evening as a great calorie punch.

Super impressed with your weight loss journey and I hope your goal to add lean muscle goes as successful.

I've recently started to incorporate greek yogurt/granola/strawberry as a big part of my diet, usually have it as an afternoon snack which is nice. But word, definitely need to get my caloric intake up, but school makes things tough at times. Appreciate the insights and kind words

Some swear by eating an hour after you lift, others like myself don’t care.

Like supreme said, after lifting is most common.
No doubt, I've seen similar findings during my research. While it's most common to do after workout, it's not necessary.

Last edited:
Consumption of replenishing nutrients are ideal ASAP. That’s a no brainer. The “window” is the bro science

Please expound, Lord m boiz m boiz . Do you mean for strength, for mass/"aesthetics", or what, and why?

Also, if you have a PPL template, please share with us commoners.

I always found PPL to better for putting on/maintaining size but full body 5-7x/wk >>>> PPL for strength. Granted, how each split is set up would undoubtedly affect its effectiveness. I know ole buddy said full body >>> for size a few pages back, so personal experiences will differ greatly.

For everything, especially a natty. You can break up between "heavy" and "rep" days.

Im pretty sure I did something similar to this:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149807833&page=1

I made changes as I went along and tailored it to my liking (different exercises, rep schemes, etc). I could easily make up one for anyone interested though.

To be 100% honest I don't really know anyone that does full body splits, no one I keep up with does them. I like keeping everything separate so I can really concentrate on that specific muscle group(s). That just works best for me and my current goals.

To be 100% honest I don't really know anyone that does full body splits, no one I keep up with does them. I like keeping everything separate so I can really concentrate on that specific muscle group(s). That just works best for me and my current goals.

imo no one does em these days cause:

1. PPL is more mentally and physically pleasing/enjoyable/easier
2. PPL is whats been pushed in social media with the whole bro split movement as well
3. most people overdo it on fullbody so they cant recover fast enough to do it again on the day after lol

Don't remember this being mentioned in here. Nike has 20% off sale items and there are several iterations of Metcons included.

Any of you guys have shoulder issues ? I think I’ve been having shoulder impingement problems. Hurts/sore in the morning, gets better throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom