STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Uh oh we having a progress pic competition?

@mplsdunk @m boiz
In all seriousness what are your meals throughout the day looking like, what snacks? Anyone feel free to chime in, would like to compare mine.

I actually get a meal delivery service (Freshly) shipped to my office every week.

An easy, clean 500 calories I can prepare in 2 minutes on a whim. I rotate 12 - 16 meals that I think taste pretty good.

Don't pick any meals less than 500 calories and the $ per calorie is a decent value, much cheaper and cleaner than eating out.

So today we doing transformation/update summer pics (or flex friday) ill drop a couple. Was feeling my progress today. Let me see if i can lean how to collage my photos without downloading abother app

What's the best way to treat arch pain?

I remember reading in here that a tennis ball might do the trick?

Deadlift_Slippers_0778_1024x1024.jpg

scooped some a7 deadlift slippers. a lot fo conventional deadlifters have been recommending them to me. for $30, why not. gonna give em a shot next week

Deadlift_Slippers_0778_1024x1024.jpg

scooped some a7 deadlift slippers. a lot fo conventional deadlifters have been recommending them to me. for $30, why not. gonna give em a shot next week

Never seen these. Do they fit true to size? Do you plan to squat in them or just deadlift?

Do any of you guys use wrist wraps for benching and deadlifts?

I've never used them before but recently my wrist has been hurting on the bench and deadlift. Not sure if my form is off or what but its been a little painful. Hurts when I do pushups also.

I've never used them before but recently my wrist has been hurting on the bench and deadlift. Not sure if my form is off or what but its been a little painful. Hurts when I do pushups also.

wrist wraps only for benching. i have never seen anyone using wrist wraps for deadlifts (unless you mean wrist straps)

https://markbellslingshot.com/products/gangsta-wrist-wraps

my personal favorite wrist wraps

Wraps only for heavy bench/ohp.

Is there an old injury? It shouldn't hurt when you do push ups. Have you seen a Dr?

Wraps only for heavy bench/ohp.

Is there an old injury? It shouldn't hurt when you do push ups. Have you seen a Dr?

No never had any wrist injury. I haven't seen a doctor yet, if the pain continues I will. I feel like I may be bending my wrist when I bench which is causing the pain. Going to work on keeping them straight.

Funny enough, the rower is giving my forearms some real good work, even with lats in the mix. I’m hoping I see gains in grip strength from it.

I’ve been stuck at the same weight for like two weeks. I’ve been eating good and working out five days a week. This is frustrating.

Of course for benching especially at a heavier weight. DLs shouldn't be hurting your wrists though.

Maybe change up your grip on the bench so you don't have as much of a "shelf" and keep your wrist straight as possible.

Great bench video IMO, but the section at 1:00 is where he discusses grip.

Why wouldn't you just DL in socks or in chucks?

Can't do a meet in socks and Chucks actually have close to a 1/2 inch lift on the sole even though its flat. That said I used chucks in my last meet but want to get some Asics wrestling shoes for my next one.

I’ve been stuck at the same weight for like two weeks. I’ve been eating good and working out five days a week. This is frustrating.

Do you incorporate deloading into your training? I'm also a believer in micro weights.

I've never really hit a plateau using those two methods.

I'm also generally very skeptical of training hard 5 days per week. A very small percentage of the population will have the need for that kind of volume and actually be well served by it.

The fact that you're not making progress could be an indicator.

i’m lazy and lack motivation. Is getting a personal trainer worth of? what’s a good way to find one. I got a kind of bum right knee ACL and want someone that would ease me into it slowly
NO..if you don't have motivation, getting a trainer isn't going to do anything but line their pockets. Recommend you jump on youtube and go down the workout docs/vids rabbit hole.

I understood it as weight as in his bodyweight not weight he's lifting

Oooohhh. I also read that as lifting weight. If its B/W the scale isn't the end all be all. Body recomp can be whats going on. Fat is burning off but muscle being built. Don't let the scale bring you down. Try using progress pics and a tape measure to really see where the progress is.

Back
Top Bottom