IMG_20191029_175357.jpg

Circuit, 4rounds
DLx20
Barbell row x15
Seated row x15
Pulldowns x15
Db curl x15
Hammer curl x15

7min abs. 4 exercises, 3 rounds. 1min each first round, 30sec each second round, 15sec last round.

Alternating knee tucks
Russian twists
Heel touches
"Dead bugs"

Anybody taking any supplements for muscle recovery? My schedule doesn’t allow for much rest between workouts, so I’m still feeling sore from Saturday’s leg day and I don’t feel as it will go away for another few days

Based on the brief research I’ve done, BCAAs are recommended. I’ve read that Whey protein may be of help but want to see what any of y’all have to say

Ibuprofen and hyperice. I'm sure eating and stretching go a long way to recovery as well. Even if I'm not doing legs I make sure to stretch em at the gym.

Ha yeah that hotel gym is definitely above average
I remember one time I was in a hotel that’s gym was so tiny, they packed this small room with a couple cardio pieces and some dumbbells/bench. I grabbed the db’s and did lunges and farmers walks in the hallway lol

Any of you guys have suggestions for some quality gym apparel? Looking to upgrade, any specific brands outside of the typical Nike and Adidas.

Any of you guys have suggestions for some quality gym apparel? Looking to upgrade, any specific brands outside of the typical Nike and Adidas.

Just not feeling Nike? If there was something better than Nike's top tier stuff I would wear it.

It's expensive but so is any other quality apparel plus they manufacturer so much volume you can almost always find on eBay for 50% off MSRP.

Just not feeling Nike? If there was something better than Nike's top tier stuff I would wear it.

It's expensive but so is any other quality apparel plus they manufacturer so much volume you can almost always find on eBay for 50% off MSRP.

I like Nike’s stuff, just kind of searching for something different. Want to support smaller and start up brands

When deadlifting and squatting I was shoving out unnecessarily with my feet (pushing knees out/spreading the floor), causing an issue with my piriformis (which in turn aggravated my sciatic nerve). After doing a lot of reading, I now understand that shoving out should only be reserved for folks whose knees collapse when they squat.

Just wanted to share, because I know tons people that always use or teach the "knees out" cue like it's a rule, when it reality it can actually cause harm.

Article that probably does a better job explaining:

Just saw this brand on IG

ahat ahat

what do your boxing sessions consist of? Are you sparring with other people or is it more so learning technique and all of that?

I’m thinking of joining a boxing gym in the near future

On boxing: stick to technique first. The cardio boxing classes are fun but you can develop some bad habits that could take months to scrub away. Maybe get a coach for a handful of sessions to set you in the right path. Also start with 12oz gloves first.

Then look into sparring. Everything you’re being taught will start to click once you realize the name of the game isn’t exhaustion, it’s really efficiency (and cat and mouse). The amount of skills you’ll need/want to learn will go up exponentially. Get 16 or 14oz gloves for sparring depending on your weight (maybe 20oz if you’re a big guy).

ahat ahat

what do your boxing sessions consist of? Are you sparring with other people or is it more so learning technique and all of that?

I’m thinking of joining a boxing gym in the near future
Both.

When I first started going I didn't spar at all. I didn't know the technique and my conditioning wasn't any good.

These days ill jump rope for ~15min to start. Either continuous or 5rounds (one reg pace, 3 speed/HIIT, last one cool down).

Then hit a circuit with crunches, push ups, sit ups, burpees, dips, running/high knees, jumping jacks etc.

Shadow box with dumbbell (2-3lbs) for 2-3rounds.

Then I'll hit the heavy bag, pads and speed bag anywhere between 8-12rounds.

I'll spar 2-3rounds at the end once a week, sometimes two.

The other day I went and the place was dead, did 8 rounds of pads with a trainer. Was dying.

Definitely do it man, it's a great workout. I wish I took it up as a teenager.

You're also gonna realize not only how long 3min seems but how long the last 30sec of a round will take compared to the 30sec break between rounds :lol:

Both.

When I first started going I didn't spar at all. I didn't know the technique and my conditioning wasn't any good.

These days ill jump rope for ~15min to start. Either continuous or 5rounds (one reg pace, 3 speed/HIIT, last one cool down).

Then hit a circuit with crunches, push ups, sit ups, burpees, dips, running/high knees, jumping jacks etc.

Shadow box with dumbbell (2-3lbs) for 2-3rounds.

Then I'll hit the heavy bag, pads and speed bag anywhere between 8-12rounds.

I'll spar 2-3rounds at the end once a week, sometimes two.

The other day I went and the place was dead, did 8 rounds of pads with a trainer. Was dying.

Definitely do it man, it's a great workout. I wish I took it up as a teenager.

You're also gonna realize not only how long 3min seems but how long the last 30sec of a round will take compared to the 30sec break between rounds :lol:

Appreciate the info

I’m definitely gonna check it out but I’m not sure if I’m interested in sparring. Just wanna learn the technique and get some good cardio in

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom