STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

We have the same name.

Good work. Whats next? You have any idea what you want your new Prs to be?

Imma take a week off and rest lol.
I thought I would be done chasing PR but I’m now even more hungry after this meet.

Im gonna take it slow and work on some weak points so I’m gonna work on getting a stronger upper back, hamstrings, and shoulders.

the goal is now a 455 squat,315 pauses bench, and 550 deadlift

Deadlifts were my chase for the past couple months. I don't know why I enjoyed them so much, but I just wanted to master them, so I'd do them everyday. I'm satisfied now.

I've been watching Austin Dunham youtube videos. Now I do pull ups every workout, and I'm progressively getting stronger. Started out using 61lbs of assistance, so i can knock out reps good form as fast and as explosive as possible.

I did like 10 pull ups un-assisted. I'm 6"2 264lbs Low number, but I'm hyped on how easy these pull ups are getting.

Good stuff man.
That’s what’s up bro. Big man pull ups are different. I’m 6’4 210, I might get back on the pull up train. I used to be able to knockout about 15-16 strict, I can prob do 10-11 now.

Any of you guys have Romaleos 3 XD? Did you get true too size or half a size down?

Ordered true to size and they feel slightly big.:ohwell: Feel fine when squatting but when I move around I’ma little concerned they are a little too big. Probably going to return them, just hope half a size down isn’t too tight.

Any of you guys have Romaleos 3 XD? Did you get true too size or half a size down?

Ordered true to size and they feel slightly big.:ohwell: Feel fine when squatting but when I move around I’ma little concerned they are a little too big. Probably going to return them, just hope half a size down isn’t too tight.

I have the reg rom 3 and they fit big as well. Went tts and they fit .5 big imo.

Had the Adipowers and went TTS. I have both the Rom 2's and 3's. I went TTS on all of them and sometimes I feel like I could either go up 1 size or down 1/2. Up 1 might be too loose to comfortably squat in, down 1/2 might be uncomfortably tight. :rolleyes

Since the 3's don't have a 2nd strap, I'd say go for the extra snugness. The 2nd strap on the 2's prevents my foot from moving even though there's a little wiggle room at the front of the toe-box.

Hurt myself due to a preexisting condition that took me to the hospital.

Weeks of PT to avoid surgery will keep me out the gym but I’d rather do PT than surgery.
Good luck tried it for a torn rotator therapy did nothing, eventually had surgery.

Damn that 3:30 alarm comes fast for fasted cardio.

Did you keep them or exchange for a half size smaller? If you kept them, have you had any issues with your feet moving around?

I don’t use em anymore and use my rom 2.

I like my shoes fitting super snug when I lift. If it doesn’t bother you I wouldn’t worry about it but if it does, def return em.

Recs on a massage gun?

Under $200 preferred. Looking on Amazon at the Sonic, Vybe, or the Opove.

Last edited:
which show you doing ill pull up
PM sent
what was the final push that made you pull the trigger?
I entertained the idea but told myself I wouldn't have the time. Then I realized I started to sound like my clients making excuses as to why they can't do the work. So part of my decision was to lead by example and show that you have to make the time and stop making excuses. I work 7 days/week 12hr week days and 4-5hours on the weekends. So if I can do it, anyone can, and they'd only need to do half the work and time I do into the gym.

PM sent

I entertained the idea but told myself I wouldn't have the time. Then I realized I started to sound like my clients making excuses as to why they can't do the work. So part of my decision was to lead by example and show that you have to make the time and stop making excuses. I work 7 days/week 12hr week days and 4-5hours on the weekends. So if I can do it, anyone can, and they'd only need to do half the work and time I do into the gym.
What do u do for work fam?

How do y’all feel about these squats? This is from the strength coach for the Texas Longhorns hoop team.
D9BBB1E8-EC3B-4C0E-9F92-9811505E0D2F.jpeg
9D37CB4D-E889-495D-9B44-F4A18CA2EAC6.png

How do y’all feel about these squats? This is from the strength coach for the Texas Longhorns hoop team.
D9BBB1E8-EC3B-4C0E-9F92-9811505E0D2F.jpeg
9D37CB4D-E889-495D-9B44-F4A18CA2EAC6.png
It is perfect for athletes. SquatS beneath parallel can interfere with fast twitch response, explosive response, especially effecting the ability to utilize momentum. The deceleration effect, powerlifiting deep squat is sport specific, and does not translate to athletic performance.

pin squats are great for athletes/athletic purposes.

also trap bar deadlifts is a super common lift that athletes do as well opposed to the reg deadlift.

these release this friday. best deadlift slippers i've used. better than the A7 slippers.
they sell out super quick so if anyone is interested, go scoop

Bought a massage gun similar to hyperice from AliExpress (a China brand) for $50, cam in 2 weeks but looks exactly like the $350 HyperIce at a fraction of the cost. I watched people's unboxing of the HyperIce and even the case is the fkin same...unreal.

It is perfect for athletes. SquatS beneath parallel can interfere with fast twitch response, explosive response, especially effecting the ability to utilize momentum. The deceleration effect, powerlifiting deep squat is sport specific, and does not translate to athletic performance.
Make sense but to say deep squats don’t translate to athletic performance is a bold statement , not buying that as an absolute

Make sense but to say deep squats don’t translate to athletic performance is a bold statement , not buying that as an absolute
It is a sports specific move. All it means is that you'll be good at doing deep squats. It does not mean that you'll be necessarily strong as an athlete.

How long does it take you guys to get back to your bench press level from before? I took months off because of an injury and am nowhere near where I was. I'm trying to add 10 lbs every week to get my strength back but I don't think it's going to be a linear recovery. I was at 155 and now I'm doing 100

How long does it take you guys to get back to your bench press level from before? I took months off because of an injury and am nowhere near where I was. I'm trying to add 10 lbs every week to get my strength back but I don't think it's going to be a linear recovery. I was at 155 and now I'm doing 100
I would take it easy with whatever you injured and maybe not add 10lbs every week. Get comfortable with 100 first and maybe do 5lbs a week or every other week

Back
Top Bottom