STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

What’s the diff. Enteren those thinner calibrated plates and regular plates btw? Just thinner? Do they smell good?

And why are colored bumpers more expensive I don’t get it.

the Main difference is:

1. they weigh exactly how much it states. Regular plates you find at the gym are usually off about 2-5 pounds so you’re not really lifting exactly what is written on the plate. That might not sound like much, but imagine having 4 plates in each side and the plates are off by 2lbs. That’s a 16lb difference without you even knowing it.

2. they are thinner, making the weight closer to the bar. This means less whip on the bar, making it feel harder.

3. calibrated bumper plates are expensive because they cost a lot to make + calibrate.

ive been the same weight for 4 weeks now. thats a great thing considering i do no cardio and my workouts are basic due to basement lifting. my body still looks like its shaping up. foods been the same
strength is going down a bit but i think that has to do with not doing a ton of variety or really pushing myself since im all alone working out. Im not about to put 315 on bench or do 405 squat with no spot

Did I miss the restock on the 1090s?

Seeing a good amount posted on OfferUp and local pages.

ironmasters would be ideal.
I doubt it. I signed up to be notified on bowflex and every site that sells them. People probably just seeing how much they hittin' for on the resale market and its too good to pass up. I know I did lol. Check fb marketplace, sometimes you get lucky and get someone who doesnt know. Theres a lot of 552s in my area

Anybody in here work on vertical leap and athleticism/explosiveness? I used to when I was a teen and early 20s, it would be cool as **** to dunk again, its been at least 10 yrs

Last edited:
Screenshot_20200619-130408_Instagram.jpg

Thanks for the info! Didn't realize powerlifters like the weights thinner and closer to the center. Also why are the 55s sometimes wider? Or are the other ones sometimes smaller.

The shorter moment arm would make the lift easier I would think. Power lifters want everything HARDER BIGGER AHH ILL LIFT A TREE ILL PULL A CAR WITH MY BALLS

I do kind of want those silver change plates though how much those cost lol

Thanks for the info! Didn't realize powerlifters like the weights thinner and closer to the center. Also why are the 55s sometimes wider? Or are the other ones sometimes smaller.

The shorter moment arm would make the lift easier I would think. Power lifters want everything HARDER BIGGER AHH ILL LIFT A TREE ILL PULL A CAR WITH MY BALLS

I do kind of want those silver change plates though how much those cost lol

lol powerlifters don’t have a choice. It’s what’s used in competition so they want to train exactly how they would compete.

you wouldn’t see an NBA player practice on a 8 ft rim. The NBA uses a 10ft rim so that’s what NBA players are going to practice with.

same with powerlifting. They’re going to want to train with equipment that is used in competition.

LA Fitness/City Sports is still closed in my area (Richmond, Ca) but Crunch in Fairfield is open. I had a guest pass. Crunch is so much better than City Sports.
Whoa **** they have an LA Fitness in Richmond?!:wow:

City Sports is overpriced in my opinion. I was curious about the one in Stonestown but refused to make the commit after seeing the prices.

Whoa **** they have an LA Fitness in Richmond?!:wow:

City Sports is overpriced in my opinion. I was curious about the one in Stonestown but refused to make the commit after seeing the prices.

the one at stonestown is trash. tried it once and left never to return. crunch at serramonte is way better. and i live right down the street from stonestown

the one at stonestown is trash. tried it once and left never to return. crunch at serramonte is way better. and i live right down the street from stonestown
Yeah, I used to consider going to that Crunch until I ran into Planet Fitness. :lol: My first choice was actually the Crunch near Embarcadero, but the rates are higher than the Serramonte one.

Yeah, I used to consider going to that Crunch until I ran into Planet Fitness. :lol: My first choice was actually the Crunch near Embarcadero, but the rates are higher than the Serramonte one.

for sure, any opportunity to milk a few extra bucks from people :lol:

god damn it feels good to lift weights again. i made sure to take it easy and leave some on the table, but i know i’m gonna be hurting tomorrow :lol:

Back
Top Bottom