STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

LA Fitness/City Sports is still closed in my area (Richmond, Ca) but Crunch in Fairfield is open. I had a guest pass. Crunch is so much better than City Sports.

Shiiiit I'm in Oakland preparing to make the push to Walnut Creek 3x/week as soon as Contra Costa county gyms open.

I'm getting the feeling Alameda County won't be open for a while longer.

You got me thinking about doin the dash all the way to Fairfield right now. :lol:

how do you start really getting into shape?

I feel like i’ve been slightly fluffy for the past 5 years. About 5-15 lbs overweight and it all goes to my stomach (genetics fail). Lately it’s been getting closer to the 15 lb part.

I’ll keep it 100 - i know it’s just laziness. I played hoops my whole life though so always stayed in shape through that. I’ve gotten to the age that’s not realistic anymore without risking injury. How do you replicate that “fun”. To me working out has always felt like “work” whereas hoops was just fun and i’d have to get dragged off the court no matter how tired i was

I have been active all my life & still hate working out too lol. I don't do it because I enjoy it, but rather I like the benefits and the results of working out. I think about it similar to eating vegetables or going to the dentist/doctor.

Yall don't get a serious psychological buzz from weight training?

For me it's one of the most intense natural highs I can think of, after yambs.

moderndarwin moderndarwin did you used to get any kind of buzz hopping? I was a soccer player through college, playing would get me high as a kite. I would be nervous with excitement and anticipation, just on the way to go play some pick up. :lol:

Same thing lifting heavy weights for me now, in the car on the way to the gym. If you can tap into that lifting becomes a drug.

Yall don't get a serious psychological buzz from weight training?

For me it's one of the most intense natural highs I can think of, after yambs.

moderndarwin moderndarwin did you used to get any kind of buzz hopping? I was a soccer player through college, playing would get me high as a kite. I would be nervous with excitement and anticipation, just on the way to go play some pick up. :lol:

Same thing lifting heavy weights for me now, in the car on the way to the gym. If you can tap into that lifting becomes a drug.

I do...it's one of the benefits.

so, i am NOT a morning person, but i’ve finally accepted the fact that i think working out in the morning is gonna be the best way to fit working out into my schedule consistently. plus i think it’ll be better to hit the gym early morning to avoid the crowds at this point anyways. any of you morning guys got any tips for me? :nerd:

i’m ready...

giphy.gif

so, i am NOT a morning person, but i’ve finally accepted the fact that i think working out in the morning is gonna be the best way to fit working out into my schedule consistently. plus i think it’ll be better to hit the gym early morning to avoid the crowds at this point anyways. any of you morning guys got any tips for me? :nerd:

i’m ready...

giphy.gif

Dude I made the change to morning workouts last year. I'm a straight up night owl but it was one of the best things I've ever done for routine and consistency.

I changed my mindset along with it.

Basically decided that I don't care if you're paying me, or ****ing me, or what. I'm gonna start every day more or less, with this one thing I enjoy, and no one else getting one iota of my time or energy before I do this one thing for myself first.

When they took away our gyms, it did mess with me mentally. Working out was really the only consistent thing I had control of. And I probably do get that natural high you guys are talking about when I’m lifting. That’s pretty much the reason I decided to take it into my own hands and go the home gym route.

To the fellas heading back to the gyms please be safe.

once retro opens in NJ I’m walking in to cancel my membership. But am probably joining a boxing gym instead lol
They opening boxing gyms where you at?

Seems like a dumb idea. No timetable for mine to open up, miss it bad maaan

i’m ready...

giphy.gif
Just wake the eff up

They opening boxing gyms where you at?

Seems like a dumb idea. No timetable for mine to open up, miss it bad maaan
New Jersey. My homey re-opened his up last week on an invite only soft opening steeze. I always believed that boxers and wrestlers have the best conditioning and I want to shift my focus to that over powerlifting

New Jersey. My homey re-opened his up last week on an invite only soft opening steeze. I always believed that boxers and wrestlers have the best conditioning and I want to shift my focus to that over powerlifting
Saying it seems like a bad idea since people are in very close contact with each other.

How they plan on keeping everything disinfected properly

For a period there I was heading to the gym at 6am and it was great. Even being in a military area with a bunch of other early birds there was still equipment available, I had energy for the day. Toughest part was that 1st min trying to get out of bed. Once I lost it, I lost it though.

Anyone have the PowerBlock EXP 2020?

cant find any info on them or the extensions - asked around reddit and home garage gym and no real answers.

Back
Top Bottom