STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

i really dont mine the rules of cleaning the equipment you use before and after.

it is slowing my workouts down tho. its atleast adding 15 mins total to my gym time. which hurts me since i go to work straight after

I try to wipe during my rest period (30-45 secs) until I get to the next movement/exercise.

When training gets boring I buy new gym equipment to make it fun. Bought some new wrist wraps and now I’m excited to bench

911880B1-731C-47D5-8F1A-C2111DD68E83.jpeg

Definitely not a waste of time. It might not be the most effective against rona, but there are other things that need to be killed that you wouldn't want to get besides rona.

Not sure how y'alls gyms move but we were wiping **** down before and after rona kicked off anyways.

Wiping down sweat and moisture with a towel as a common courtesy, for sure. But I thought we were talking about sterilizing equipment with disinfectant after each use.

I've never ever been to a gym where people commonly did that before COVID.

Normally, every gym I've been to has a spray bottle placed on top of a paper towel dispenser.

I always wipe it down before I use the equipment, and then after I leave. I know everyone doesnt do that, I do it for my comfort though.

The bottle and towels are spread throughout the gym for a reason though.

Normally, every gym I've been to has a spray bottle placed on top of a paper towel dispenser.

I always wipe it down before I use the equipment, and then after I leave. I know everyone doesnt do that, I do it for my comfort though.

The bottle and towels are spread throughout the gym for a reason though.

At my gym the bottles are kept behind one of the service desks. Employees are supposed to sanitize equipment a couple of times per shift. *shrug*

You myprotein boys was holding out on that code. no worries tho. I got the NT fam

Screenshot_20200902-155113_Slickdeals.jpg

At my gym the bottles are kept behind one of the service desks. Employees are supposed to sanitize equipment a couple of times per shift. *shrug*
the mask isnt so much an issue at my gym because ive never been there with more than 15 people (typically only 6-8 when I go.) all machines are pretty spread apart. free benches are seperated

Wiping down sweat and moisture with a towel as a common courtesy, for sure. But I thought we were talking about sterilizing equipment with disinfectant after each use.

I've never ever been to a gym where people commonly did that before COVID.

1599078506561.png

We do at all of my gyms and a lot of people will call you out for not doing it.

I've seen people nearly fight for less.
1599078563838.png

i really dont mine the rules of cleaning the equipment you use before and after.

it is slowing my workouts down tho. its atleast adding 15 mins total to my gym time. which hurts me since i go to work straight after

One thing I usually do is gameplan ahead and wipe things down in a leapfrog-type of manner.

(Before the last set on my current rack/bench/machine I move to the next piece of equipment, wipe it down, then do my last set and wipe that down and move back to the new machine, etc.)

So gyms in NYC finally opened yesterday so I went back the last two days and boyyyyy. The soreness in my body now feels like it did when I started working out 7 or 8 years ago.

I was doing exercises at home but all I owned was 20-30 pound dumbbells so I couldn't do anything heavy. Doing higher weights has my entire body aching. I guess I gotta ease myself in but I'm so eager to hit the areas I couldn't do as much during quarantine that it's hard to pull back.

Anyone doing strictly calisthenics or body weights on off days? Usually don’t have an off day but may switch things up.

looking for plans or workouts online if anyone has any suggestions.

I rest sundays, also the meal prep day.

Workout splits MON-SAT, Flag football/ fasted morning walks for cardio only.

Back
Top Bottom