STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

happy humpday fellas, time to wake up the neighbors :lol:

EBBC4FFB-A8CB-45F5-BE0D-0E1CCA72EFDC.jpeg

A lot of people can relate to this man, covid is a b*+ch. keep your head up papi. Can’t wait for this **** to be over.

Over? Who said it's finna be over?
1612398267357.png

My office is currently running 7 day ops and there is no end (to that) in sight.

Not gonna front I have zero motivation to train these days. I still do it out of habit but my mind ain’t in it. I just go through the motions.

also doesn’t help that my left shoulder is pretty much ****ed and I can’t do any horizontal presses.

I think this pandemic is really affecting my mental health and that’s creeping into training as well.
Yeah good to take a break and let the body heal and get a mental reboot.

i take a week off every few months.
I also look at old pictures to see how much ive progressed lol and that usually gets me motivated again.

good luck dude

I'm jumping in on the Pelton digital app (1 month free trial and then subsidized with the Chase Sapphire Reserve perks) to use with my Airdyne :lol: and maybe do some yoga/circuit training if that is any good.

Anyone using the Peloton app that's got recommendations on workouts they like?

I really only use it for the bike and stretching.

my wife goes ape **** on it though. She likes the circuits or boot camps or whatever they are called and the meditation.

Getting married in May. I’m fat and out of shape. Gonna start running / work my way up to sprints. Time to get it. I’m in Cali so it’s not too cold. Only thing stopping me is time....i work an unreasonable amount of hours so trying to find 2 days where i can finish at 5 pm and hit the track in daylight is challenging.

Getting married in May. I’m fat and out of shape. Gonna start running / work my way up to sprints. Time to get it. I’m in Cali so it’s not too cold. Only thing stopping me is time....i work an unreasonable amount of hours so trying to find 2 days where i can finish at 5 pm and hit the track in daylight is challenging.
What time do you wake up?
Do you go to lunch?
What time do you go to sleep?

Not to sound like a ****, but theres always a way - even if it means losing sleep.

i work 0630-1430 ... so i wake up before work at 0330 and workout. It’s not for everyone, full-time work and im also a full-time student, gotta make it work!

it just takes a little sacrifice for bigger rewards!

What time do you wake up?
Do you go to lunch?
What time do you go to sleep?
Not to sound like a ****, but theres always a way - even if it means losing sleep.

i work 0630-1430 ... so i wake up before work at 0330 and workout. It’s not for everyone, full-time work and im also a full-time student, gotta make it work!

it just takes a little sacrifice for bigger rewards!

^This.

Issa bunch of **** you can do.

- Use a stand-up desk or medicine ball chair at your desk.
- Walks/runs during lunch.
- Biking to work.
- Skipping 30 minutes of sleep to get a HITT session in.
- Doing push-ups/sit-ups/pull-ups throughout the day at work (Grease the Groove style).

1612412569854.png

I’ll be real i don’t want to do any of that. Have given up on that self discipline life and focusing on that self love mentality. It’s more sustainable for me for a healthy life.

Played sports and been in shape a good majority of my life. That sort of dedication is only worth it when the end result is athletic performance. I didn’t mind waking up at 5 am to train when i knew i had a game to look forward to. I can’t feel that same level of dedication toward losing 10-13 vanity pounds.

3 few months of sprints 2-3x a week, eating a bit healthier and cutting pizza out of the diet should be sufficient. Just gotta find the time for these jogs/sprints in the evening.

Back
Top Bottom