STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Real Cranberry juice. Good luck, heard that **** is really painful.
right now it just feels like im boxing and someone gives me kidney shots everytime i twist or bend down. sitting down doesn't really hurt tho.
I'm still hitting the gym but yesterday was rough because I was was doing back and felt that immensely

I’ve never done Nordic curls before , haven’t really seen a good way to do it at the gym or at my home gym. I decided to to try them by just using a belt to strap my legs down to the bench. Bruh ...

I thought I’d at least be able to just do the eccentric part and cheat half way, and work my up to a real nordic. Man I wasn’t even close. I felt like I had to cheat on the eccentric immediately. It made me wonder if belting my feet down somehow is harder than other ways. But I doubt that, I’m prob just weak af. I’m chalking it up to being 6’4”

So I was warming up doing incline dumbbell press

These 2 big dudes with elbow sleeves ask If they can work in

I'm like sure

They said they're gonna do 100lbs and I'm like okay that's light work

It's my turn to push the hundos and I ask one of them to record me with my phone cuz I haven't touched the 100s or do dumbbell presses heavy for a long time... Cuz of powerlifting prep. I'm thinking I finally have something to post on instagram.

I do a clean set of 10 reps but the last rep was a grinder.... Dude didn't know how to hit the record button on my phone and only records like 3 seconds and he apologizes.

I laugh and say it's cool cause imma do another set with them and ask if he can record again and he says yea

It's my turn and I'm ******* gassed lmao. I hit anither set of 4 and fail the 5th rep :lol::smh:

I'm like cut the camera off lmaooo

That was the highlight of my day

So I was warming up doing incline dumbbell press

These 2 big dudes with elbow sleeves ask If they can work in

I'm like sure

They said they're gonna do 100lbs and I'm like okay that's light work

It's my turn to push the hundos and I ask one of them to record me with my phone cuz I haven't touched the 100s or do dumbbell presses heavy for a long time... Cuz of powerlifting prep. I'm thinking I finally have something to post on instagram.

I do a clean set of 10 reps but the last rep was a grinder.... Dude didn't know how to hit the record button on my phone and only records like 3 seconds and he apologizes.

I laugh and say it's cool cause imma do another set with them and ask if he can record again and he says yea

It's my turn and I'm ****ing gassed lmao. I hit anither set of 4 and fail the 5th rep :lol::smh:

I'm like cut the camera off lmaooo

That was the highlight of my day

yo man hit me up next time you go to the shop. im not nearly as strong as you but I know you'll push me. correct me on some form issues

This is what happens when you lift for the clout. Also when you lift with Larry wheels you're prob hyped to lift something big
that's the problem when you associate yourself with egomaniacs. never really cared lifting weights just to show off. I cared more about toning now. once I did more before just to bulk up. but now I'm back to lightweights just for maintenance. btw, I'm not a power/heavy lifter.

I guess that what happened to scott steiner.
ya91jY.gif

Damn. I'm glad my heavy days are over. If I'm ever tempted to do something stupid, I'll watch a video like this beforehand.

I mean his goal was to lift heavy. It was going to happen one way or the other. Most likely had injuries before hand too. Sucks though. You not coming back 100% ever again after that

Sucks but that stuff just happens.

Last edited:
A sign of a irresponsible powerlifter is maxing out during training.

1 rep max should be tested in competition.

Other ways you can gauge your strength after training is by using amraps (capped at 8reps of 85% of your current 1rm. This is just one way to gauge how much gains you made.

When I was coached by flexx training (who has coached world level lifters like russwole) I was never assigned a day to test my 1 rep max. Anytime I did go for it, it was bc i was still an amateur and did it for the social media clout. But it was never in my program

"You don't need to destroy your body to get strong"

A sign of a irresponsible powerlifter is maxing out during training.

1 rep max should be tested in competition.

Other ways you can gauge your strength after training is by using amraps (capped at 8reps of 85% of your current 1rm. This is just one way to gauge how much gains you made.

When I was coached by flexx training (who has coached world level lifters like russwole) I was never assigned a day to test my 1 rep max. Anytime I did go for it, it was bc i was still an amateur and did it for the social media clout. But it was never in my program

"You don't need to destroy your body to get strong"

No Pain, No Gain. Well he got Pain alright and gained an injury.

it was indeed irresponsible, clearly he was already struggling just before it even began and still forced it.

I’ve never done Nordic curls before , haven’t really seen a good way to do it at the gym or at my home gym. I decided to to try them by just using a belt to strap my legs down to the bench. Bruh ...

I thought I’d at least be able to just do the eccentric part and cheat half way, and work my up to a real nordic. Man I wasn’t even close. I felt like I had to cheat on the eccentric immediately. It made me wonder if belting my feet down somehow is harder than other ways. But I doubt that, I’m prob just weak af. I’m chalking it up to being 6’4”

I have to do these as part of my ACL recovery. Where I work out at we put our knees on a foam pad and our feet under the dumbbell rack. Works pretty well, I maybe can go a little past quarter of the way before just flying to the floor haha. One dude that works out there as well (plays for the Browns) just pumps out reps like nothing going up and down on those things.

Wow, this thread is indeed taking a turn. :lol:

blastercombo blastercombo , what ever happened to that trump supporter here? The white guy who had some black dude calling him daddy?

Wow, this thread is indeed taking a turn. :lol:

blastercombo blastercombo , what ever happened to that trump supporter here? The white guy who had some black dude calling him daddy?
LOL, there was a couple of those dudes in here. When they got called out I recall people trying to take their back too. Funny how that works

Back
Top Bottom