STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

LOL, there was a couple of those dudes in here. When they got called out I recall people trying to take their back too. Funny how that works
Some of the worst information on lifting was being doled out, then taken as gospel. Remember when they said that there was no such thing as over training?! That was hilarious!

right wrist still feel sore but had to manage it even if it was uncomfortable. otherwise, I'd be losing 2 weeks worth of weight lifting. really out of shape and gassing out sooner. anyways, hope to continue with this more consistently atleast 3x a week for 3 mos. before moving on to cardio.

Damn near fell out of the Uber after leg day. My hamstring cramped up and went dead. :rofl:

I love powerlifting but man don't know if I going to keep trying to lift heavy. I love to bike as well and for the last 4 months I was dealing with severe quad cramps and now I got all sorts of pains and aches and muscle tightness in my legs. Taken a couple weeks off from lifting already and my calves and hamstrings are crazy tight and got pain in my abductors still. :smh:

Think I'm going to have to take at least a few more weeks off to let my muscles recover. Going to just focus on stretching/mobility and some cardio. Once I feel recovered, I don't know if I'm going back to powerlifting or just some bodybuilding/hypertrophy stuff. I'd prefer to powerlift but not if it keeps me off my bike.

I love powerlifting but man don't know if I going to keep trying to lift heavy. I love to bike as well and for the last 4 months I was dealing with severe quad cramps and now I got all sorts of pains and aches and muscle tightness in my legs. Taken a couple weeks off from lifting already and my calves and hamstrings are crazy tight and got pain in my abductors still. :smh:

Think I'm going to have to take at least a few more weeks off to let my muscles recover. Going to just focus on stretching/mobility and some cardio. Once I feel recovered, I don't know if I'm going back to powerlifting or just some bodybuilding/hypertrophy stuff. I'd prefer to powerlift but not if it keeps me off my bike.
have you tried an ice bath or atleast icing your muscles ?

If you want to powerlift efficiently and be good at it then biking will hinder that. Powerlifting is a sport thats too physically taxing on the body and you need as much rest as possible.

Just like any other sport tbh. If you want to be the best basketball player you want to be, then you have to focus on basketball and not do another sport with it like baseball.

But if you still want to bike and lift doing the big 3 you can, but it won't be the most efficient in getting stronger.

I was going to do a meet then covid ruined all that. now I just lift to lift. I'm not going for one rep maxes where it's really risky but I got no problem hitting some heavy doubles and triples or even singles at like 90%.

I could probably smash my old one rep maxes now on bench and squat but I just haven't tried or had a desire to find out.

y'all see this?

Sometimes we forget how many levels pro players are above compared to the avg person. Even if that pro player is considered to be bad.

"I'm closer to lebron than you are to me" - white mamba
A pro is in the top 1% on planet earth. That’s ALL THEY DO haha. People hoop 3 times a week for a couple hours thinking they’re putting in the time. These dude practice JUST shooting 7 days a week for multiple hours. Can’t even compare.

This is what happens when you lift for the clout. Also when you lift with Larry wheels you're prob hyped to lift something big
I totally Get what you’re saying in theory, but in today’s world of bodybuilding and fitness in general Internet clout get your bills paid more than any competition.

People forget these dudes are buckets in their neighborhood before getting a role defined in the league. Plus add that NBA strength.

A pro is in the top 1% on planet earth. That’s ALL THEY DO haha. People hoop 3 times a week for a couple hours thinking they’re putting in the time. These dude practice JUST shooting 7 days a week for multiple hours. Can’t even compare.
I remember back in highschool and college that we used to play like that often but have to go home and practice some more. even in bed and in my sleep. I wasn't really that good to begin with but have that believe that I'm better than my peers. through constant practice, drive, perseverance and namecalling, I really got better that I became the best player of my squad.
while there certainly players that are naturally gifted, I must say that a whole lot of practice does make a difference.
practice-we-talkin-bout-practice.jpg

y'all see this?

Sometimes we forget how many levels pro players are above compared to the avg person. Even if that pro player is considered to be bad.

"I'm closer to lebron than you are to me" - white mamba
it's not the first time that Brian got called-out. there were several instances where adults and good college kids actually challenged Brian and he was still toying with some of them. Brian is a PLAYA.

My 2 main fitness goals have always been to complete a triathlon (run 6 miles, bike 25, swim 2) and to bike 100 miles. Prob won’t ever be able to do the triathlon cause of my knee now but I still wanna someday hit 100 miles on the bike
And no set weight but always wanted to be able to deadlift a whole bunch

Back
Top Bottom