STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I’ve seen guys use their cars to hold their feet down to perform nordics... I just realized I can use the side steps on my truck, I tried it tonight and it definitely works. I don’t know if I’ll ever be strong enough to do a strict one though smh. Maybe it’s my height, they are so damn hard. In the meantime I’m gonna do cheat nordics, I think they will do the job on my hammy’s

Those “pullups” 🤷‍♂️

Has anyone seen someone legit in crossfit? I always see these "pullups" or some other activity of them performing with terrible form.

Have my MRI this evening I sure hope it is nothing serious, but planning for the worst. Rotator cuff surgery.

to be fair shes doing them the same way ive always seen them be done by crossfitters

Last edited:
Lol. CrossFit is weird. Their ideology and philosophy is actually legit if someone took the time to read it. Most work, quickest turnaround, in the safest way possible (aka good form). For whatever reason, in practice that’s all out the window :lol:

I think they saw what people like to do and just ran with it. From a business standpoint, can’t blame them for that. They’re making bank

Therein lies the problem with filming everything you do, then posting all over social media in order to receive fans and likes.

Therein lies the problem with filming everything you do, then posting all over social media in order to receive fans and likes.
Add to that training for the purpose of training haha. Have a goal of some sort. Apply it to a sport or something. It’s like a rapper that throws out the pre verse hype but never starts one lol. #Fisticuffs

Lol. CrossFit is weird. Their ideology and philosophy is actually legit if someone took the time to read it. Most work, quickest turnaround, in the safest way possible (aka good form). For whatever reason, in practice that’s all out the window :lol:

I think they saw what people like to do and just ran with it. From a business standpoint, can’t blame them for that. They’re making bank

with how people think nowadays, it's no surprise. do it the proper way and people would get bored. do it the wrong way and you would get millions of followers. it's a circus out there.

with how people think nowadays, it's no surprise. do it the proper way and people would get bored. do it the wrong way and you would get millions of followers. it's a circus out there.
It’s because they don’t really ask for pull-ups per se, the task is to get your chin above the bar. So with that said, you could essentially do that by any means necessary. This explains all the weird pull up like actions you see everybody doing. If somebody figures out how to do it with their legs that would become a thing LOL

It’s because they don’t really ask for pull-ups per se, the task is to get your chin above the bar. So with that said, you could essentially do that by any means necessary. This explains all the weird pull up like actions you see everybody doing. If somebody figures out how to do it with their legs that would become a thing LOL
it's a different thought process. as ATHLEANX would say, if you go after the numbers, you are bound to fail. I would say that these so-called cross-fitters that you see in the gym doing multiple lightweight presses in 30 secs like they were in a hurry to finish up and go to the washroom.

this. there are different standards depending on the workout. if it’s a “for time” workout and it calls for cheat to bar or regular pull-ups the goal is to get your chin over the bar or chest to the bar as fast and as efficiently as possible. if the workout calls for strict pull-ups they there’s no other way other than strict. kip or butterfly pull-ups are gymnastics movement not a strength movement per se.

funny thing is people like to rag on kipping and butterfly pull-ups but the amount of people i see straight swinging their knees and kicking their feet after about 2-3 strict pull-ups is damn near everybody. which is no longer a strict pullup

this. there are different standards depending on the workout. if it’s a “for time” workout and it calls for cheat to bar or regular pull-ups the goal is to get your chin over the bar or chest to the bar as fast and as efficiently as possible. if the workout calls for strict pull-ups they there’s no other way other than strict. kip or butterfly pull-ups are gymnastics movement not a strength movement per se.

funny thing is people like to rag on kipping and butterfly pull-ups but the amount of people i see straight swinging their knees and kicking their feet after about 2-3 strict pull-ups is damn near everybody. which is no longer a strict pullup
dunno about some people ragging on some freestyle pull-ups, but boasting on achievements like the one on the video as if someone broke a world-record is I would say as pathetic as Javale Mcgee's triple-double accomplishment. if people are aware of how that went, they would surely know what that meant.

dunno about some people ragging on some freestyle pull-ups, but boasting on achievements like the one on the video as if someone broke a world-record is I would say as pathetic as Javale Mcgee's triple-double accomplishment. if people are aware of how that went, they would surely know what that meant.

everything needs to be in context or it get misconstrued.

if people are bragging about butterfly pull-ups like it equates to strict, yeah they wylin.

Back
Top Bottom