STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

was about to do some bench press (barbell & dumbbells). have to rest for awhile since my hand is sore on trying to break my son's black level breaking board. kicking to break them is quite easy but using your hand is a pain. knife hand is really difficult. hammer strike though was a bit tolerable. palm strike was ok and nearly successful. wasn't able to break the board though.

So I haven't done squats in awhile due to some knee issues. Tried to go fairly light and get back into it the other day and pretty sure I have a herniated disc. The pain is shooting from the back of my thigh to my lower back and I can barely walk for 2 days now. Don't have health insurance due to being laid off after Covid so trying to avoid going to a Doctor and paying $2000 to be told to rest and take some painkillers

So I haven't done squats in awhile due to some knee issues. Tried to go fairly light and get back into it the other day and pretty sure I have a herniated disc. The pain is shooting from the back of my thigh to my lower back and I can barely walk for 2 days now. Don't have health insurance due to being laid off after Covid so trying to avoid going to a Doctor and paying $2000 to be told to rest and take some painkillers

Any ting-a-ling nerve feelings/pain? Def avoid any weighted exercises but try stretching it out and doing body weight exercises. Worst thing you can do is lay in bed all day. Wishing you a speedy recovery

Any ting-a-ling nerve feelings/pain? Def avoid any weighted exercises but try stretching it out and doing body weight exercises. Worst thing you can do is lay in bed all day. Wishing you a speedy recovery

thank you bro. Not really any tingling. Mostly just a sharp pain if I bend the wrong way. Due to the strain on the disc my body is tilted to one side so I've been stretching like 3 hours a day. I really hope it's a 3 day rest situation and not a 7+ day situation

Screenshot_20210413-001718_Chrome.jpg

:rofl:

Most likely this is a posture and form issue. People like to squat but people never practice squatting. There is a huge difference. Like others have said I’d recommend you sit back and stretch and do a non-weighted squats for form for a while

Last edited:

might be sciatica. definitely go get it checked out if/when you can. you won’t know how to treat it if you do or whats wrong

but yeah, in the mean time rest and stretches depending on the pain

got a noise complaint warning in PF yesterday.

i Hate this place so much. time to go back to Golds. didnt help staff stared at me damn near my entire workout.
when ole boy came up to me (literally as i just finished a round of jump rope and was jumping into my next exercise. i just gave him the look and kept lifting.

lol so frustrating. probably best i just cancel this membership
10 bucks a month isnt worth walking on egg shells to workout with their limited equipment and no real racks.
im also at a point in my program where Im pass the weights they even have available anyway

got a noise complaint warning in PF yesterday.

i Hate this place so much. time to go back to Golds. didnt help staff stared at me damn near my entire workout.
when ole boy came up to me (literally as i just finished a round of jump rope and was jumping into my next exercise. i just gave him the look and kept lifting.

lol so frustrating. probably best i just cancel this membership
10 bucks a month isnt worth walking on egg shells to workout with their limited equipment and no real racks.
im also at a point in my program where Im pass the weights they even have available anyway
I get that noise and all that is OD with some people but I’ll never understand PF and their rules :lol: funny enough, a friend who’s also a pro boxer works out at a PF :lol:

I think I’m starting to experience the longer recovery time aspect of washedness
I used to be able to take months off, come back and bike 100 miles in a week and be fine. Did like 30 on the bike along with some 3 mile walks this week and my legs are toast 😓

Sounds like they literally don't want anyone to work hard there and stay in a loop.

and in my cancelling membership email this is exactly the point I brought up. and why I said Im cancelling. I put this verbatim "every member has varying goals and every member is at different points in the goals theyre trying to achieve. to say youre a judgement free zone but members have to hold back their intensity to complete their goals because the staff is staring at you and waiting...doesnt feel as if this establishment is inclusive and a judgement free zone as its advertised."
then other fluff in there.
best case. they throw me free months..
worst case i take my business to their rival a mile down the road

Back
Top Bottom