STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Doing a home gym. Roughly 144 sq ft. Rack, Peloton, and some cardio. Any recommendations for flooring? It would be over concrete.

did some extra sets yesterday, almost double the effort with everything. my muscles today are screaming but not as bad. contemplating of doing some less sets later or just giving it a day-off. we'll see.

Horse stall mats. Also, just buy everything from rogue. Literally the best everything. Will last forever

We had initially ordered snap in / puzzle .3 inch gym flooring but more and more I have seen using horse stall mats instead. Thanks for the recommendation!

Y'all seen nike's new weightlifting shoe?
It's to rival the adipowerlifts.

It's like a blend of the romaleo and metacons

Walking around the room in them now. They are definitely light, almost feels like wearing heavy Metcon 2's. Heel height feels the same or shorter than the 3's/2's. Shoes are stiff, not flexible like most Metcons.

I might use these for upper body days. They're not heavy enough for me to get that "bolted to the ground" feeling I get from the 2's and 4's.

Obviously didn't need em but for $75 bucks off I was okay with buying em.

Edit: May try squatting in these today.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20210421-182501_Instagram.jpg

USAPL might leave the IPF.

This will be crazy if it happens.

The top 20 lifters in the IPF (male and female) 55% are with the USAPL.

I read something one time that horse stall mats have wild chemicals and toxins in there which is fine since they’re intended for outdoor usage but if your home gym is enclosed it’s not ideal from a smell and air quality standpoint

idk my home gym needs are very basic and I got the puzzle gym mats from Amazon and they’ve been koo

B-Bars have me feeling some type of way. When I was actively training and fighting in Thailand, I did 25 rep sets of L-chin ups. That was 10+ years ago and they kick the dog **** out of me these days.

B-Bars were definitely worth it to me though, being able to break them down and set them aside is a must as an adult living in a smaller space.

I read something one time that horse stall mats have wild chemicals and toxins in there which is fine since they’re intended for outdoor usage but if your home gym is enclosed it’s not ideal from a smell and air quality standpoint

idk my home gym needs are very basic and I got the puzzle gym mats from Amazon and they’ve been koo
When you buy the mats, they have an awful smell. Ideally you should give them a good cleaning, and let the air out outside for a few days before using them in your gym.

B-Bars have me feeling some type of way. When I was actively training and fighting in Thailand, I did 25 rep sets of L-chin ups. That was 10+ years ago and they kick the dog **** out of me these days.

B-Bars were definitely worth it to me though, being able to break them down and set them aside is a must as an adult living in a smaller space.
You got em in, nice! So theyre worth the purchase?

Ehhh all gym equipment have that factory rubber smell to them too. I ordered my floor from rogue and they have an oily finish that I had to clean off. 🤷🏽‍♂️

We had initially ordered snap in / puzzle .3 inch gym flooring but more and more I have seen using horse stall mats instead. Thanks for the recommendation!

I made a mistake of disposing my 6 piece gym mats because it was taking too much space inside the house and also because my son was already past that age of being confined behind his cage. could have used it for my current home gym setup. wasn't regretting getting rid of the puzzle mats though since they were such a pain to put together and set aside.

rest day today for muscle recovery. tomorrow I'd go for short sprints outdoors and lunges.

Back
Top Bottom