STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I agree. Only lifted once this week. My lower back was bothering me. I swam a few times instead. And did a Psycho Spinning Class (ran by a woman who incorporates aerobics into the routine) and a kick boxing class.

I don't mind lifting weights but want to protect my body as I get older (mid 40s).

After 40 it’s hard to maintain. There’s a boost in ambition but pain is annoying. Still gotta fight through that ****. All mental baby :angry:
im facetious bro, i hear u 100...
i never went hard in the paint like that...call it laziness or fear of injury, but light work always kept me in "shape" as i ain't about that buffet life (2meals/day)...
mind over matter, no doubt!...

Lifting has taken a back seat for me now that I started a new job and also started studying again.

Only squatted once this week (today) LOL.

Time to join the washed thread

in the 5 years after i crossed 35 i have gotten more injuries than in the previous 35 😮‍💨…that’s partially been my motivation to get in the gym. dealing with another little nagging injury at the moment but hit a 205lb bench press pr (i never bench press & don’t do much upper body work) and worked up to a 435lb box squat pr this week, maybe the upside getting a little fluffy from taking the month of march off from lifting

I agree. Only lifted once this week. My lower back was bothering me. I swam a few times instead. And did a Psycho Spinning Class (ran by a woman who incorporates aerobics into the routine) and a kick boxing class.

I don't mind lifting weights but want to protect my body as I get older (mid 40s).
I haven't swam eversince the pandemic started. right now is a bad idea since everyone is flocking the pools, even early in the morning. plus my injury would prevent me from moving my head a lot. possilbly, I can only do jogs, squats, and other leg works that doesn't involve my neck getting strained.

im facetious bro, i hear u 100...
i never went hard in the paint like that...call it laziness or fear of injury, but light work always kept me in "shape" as i ain't about that buffet life (2meals/day)...
mind over matter, no doubt!...
Sometimes mental health kicks in and ****s with you & lose the urge to work out. Smoke me some fire and a Red Bull.. go hard semi washed

Sometimes mental health kicks in and ****s with you & lose the urge to work out. Smoke me some fire and a Red Bull.. go hard semi washed
speaking of mental health, if someone makes excuses about it and I know it can be real, people that suffer from it generally won't even have the motivation to even start working out from the very start. like people in this show for example. I must say and I'm not even proud to say that I have encountered some of these parasites. they are generally the manipulative pieces of garbage that would eat you up. initially you feel bad for them especially if you don't know them but over time, you'd realize that these are the kind of people that would often used the pity card to get what they want in the expense of others.

Attachments

• 32-243-536-01.jpg
    32-243-536-01.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 80
speaking of mental health, if someone makes excuses about it and I know it can be real, people that suffer from it generally won't even have the motivation to even start working out from the very start. like people in this show for example. I must say and I'm not even proud to say that I have encountered some of these parasites. they are generally the manipulative pieces of garbage that would eat you up. initially you feel bad for them especially if you don't know them but over time, you'd realize that these are the kind of people that would often used the pity card to get what they want in the expense of others.

i’m confused as to what you mean? are you talking about people who get obese??

i think for most people working out is an inconvenience, for motivation around ‘working out’ it could be useful to be mindful that the very concept of excercise is kinda nonsensical (altho maybe very necessary given modern circumstances) & contrary to our evolutionary past. as such, it is quite natural to take the path of least resistance (#isthatapun) when it comes to the idea of exerting oneself unnecessarily; a lot of folk’s lifestyles don’t require much physical activity & humanity has generally biased towards convenience, ease, & optimization…

so to the extent people are able to make their ‘excercise’ a somewhat convenient part of their lifestyle, or into a routine, or is connected to some integral goal, the motivation aspect becomes less of a deciding factor

i’m confused as to what you mean? are you talking about people who get obese??

i think for most people working out is an inconvenience, for motivation around ‘working out’ it could be useful to be mindful that the very concept of excercise is kinda nonsensical (altho maybe very necessary given modern circumstances) & contrary to our evolutionary past. as such, it is quite natural to take the path of least resistance (#isthatapun) when it comes to the idea of exerting oneself unnecessarily; a lot of folk’s lifestyles don’t require much physical activity & humanity has generally biased towards convenience, ease, & optimization…

so to the extent people are able to make their ‘excercise’ a somewhat convenient part of their lifestyle, or into a routine, or is connected to some integral goal, the motivation aspect becomes less of a deciding factor
people to the point of getting overly obese and make excuses about mental health and other stuff to validate their obesity. while it can reach the point of treating exercise as an inconvenience rather than it being a necessity is somehow a bad thinking especially with all the distractions we have now in our society but still not a great excuse. I have encountered people in general, not just the overly obese that always makes excuses of not doing it because they have "no time" and can't even get themselves to spend even "1 minute" of their time everyday to do a HIIT routine. it is not because nobody has no time but rather think that they have no time to get tired "unneccesarily?" . the problem starts with "conditioning" one's own mind into doing the task rather than do physical activity. if the mindset is weak, nothing will be done.

speaking of injuries, I'm really amazed how proper rehab can do to hasten the recovery of athletes. just watch the Celtics' Robert Williams last night and damn, he looked like he never came from an injury.

Sports medicine has come a long way. Massage therapy, physical therapy, cryotherapy, etc.

Shoot, I want a massage right now and wish I had one of those metal buckets I could take ice baths in.

Sports medicine has come a long way. Massage therapy, physical therapy, cryotherapy, etc.

Shoot, I want a massage right now and wish I had one of those metal buckets I could take ice baths in.
don't you have a bath tub? you can always buy bags of ice and submerge yourself with ice cold water. if you don't have one, you can always do a cold shower.

Lol. Yes, I’m actually soaking in it now with epsom salt (TMI). Lol.

Is it so wrong to want one of those metal bath tubs? And an ice chest that only has ice?

And an on call masseuse?

Lol. Yes, I’m actually soaking in it now with epsom salt (TMI). Lol.

Is it so wrong to want one of those metal bath tubs? And an ice chest that only has ice?

And an on call masseuse?
unless you have money to spend for it, why not? haven't done much masseuse service but it would be interesting to be serviced by a great attractive female. most of my masseuse are men since they are more hard on you and the women that serviced me couldn't really press that hard.

I don't. But it's nice to dream. I've never thought of using my plain old bath tub. Maybe I'll give it a try.

And I Am, I repeat, not advocating for human trafficking.

unless you have money to spend for it, why not? haven't done much masseuse service but it would be interesting to be serviced by a great attractive female. most of my masseuse are men since they are more hard on you and the women that serviced me couldn't really press that hard.
I had a massage at a spot once and had a 5’2 older Asian woman walk out and call me. I was like :smh:

She damn near broke my back (pause)
But I never walked out of a massage more sore than I did that day. She was lifting herself off the floor she was massaging me so hard. So now I don’t judge books by their cover cause sheesh

Sometimes mental health goes the other way too. I used to be 120 pounds because I prioritized partying over health. :lol:
man, that was my weight back in h.s. when my frame was still skinny and small. but my bones were really hard. loved that period since that was the time my older bro back in college would come and drive home to pick me up and go out of town to party. fun times.

I had a massage at a spot once and had a 5’2 older Asian woman walk out and call me. I was like :smh:

She damn near broke my back (pause)
But I never walked out of a massage more sore than I did that day. She was lifting herself off the floor she was massaging me so hard. So now I don’t judge books by their cover cause sheesh
some masseuse generally complain about me being stiff and couldn't relax. I tell them, that's what I came here for to loosen up. not for you guys to make your life any easier. it's not like you are stiffening yourself on purpose. some people are just not meant to be in that kind of business.

I never feel sorry for the fatties.
1650829673316.png

God, Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, King Kai, Ancient Aliens, organic chemistry, whoever or whatever you believe in allows us all to draw breath until the day we die.

These 600 pound beached whales (and fat folks in general) will make excuses until the cows come home, but they were given the same 24 hrs a day that everyone else that's living was.

I've only ever tried to train 1 fat person and was a PT Leader with fat folks in the squadron and it always ended in failure. Regardless of what their specific goals were, the one thing they all had in common (besides their obesity) was a lack of resolve: their "why" simply wasn't strong enough.
1650829889867.png

I never feel sorry for the fatties.
1650829673316.png

God, Allah, Buddha, Vishnu, King Kai, Ancient Aliens, organic chemistry, whoever or whatever you believe in allows us all to draw breath until the day we die.

These 600 pound beached whales (and fat folks in general) will make excuses until the cows come home, but they were given the same 24 hrs a day that everyone else that's living was.

I've only ever tried to train 1 fat person and was a PT Leader with fat folks in the squadron and it always ended in failure. Regardless of what their specific goals were, the one thing they all had in common (besides their obesity) was a lack of resolve: their "why" simply wasn't strong enough.
1650829889867.png
you'd be extremely lucky to have those 1 in a million fatties that would put the work in. if only fatties in general have that kind of mindset that Ronnie Brower has.

Back
Top Bottom