STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I did but they need to be highly recommended and trusted. What I noticed is that chiros are good with improving balance and posture. Physios are typically for underlying ailments. Same goes for physio that needs to be highly recommended. So I would suggest both.
I figured checking a chiro because I’ve never gone and I’m always slouching when in my gaming chair to improve posture.

I figured checking a chiro because I’ve never gone and I’m always slouching when in my gaming chair to improve posture.
They would help, I slouch a lot before but I'm better now. For some reason, it became more of a habit that when I'm slouching, it becomes uncomfortable for me that I have to adjust myself. This happened after my posture correction. I know some people consider them as quacks, but there is a science behind their practice. Finding a good chiro can be quite challenging though.

I know some people consider them as quacks, but there is a science behind their practice. Finding a good chiro can be quite challenging though.

it is definitely a quackery & pseudoscience (altho some do try to supplement it with some actual proven methodology), and as powerful as the human mind/placebo effect is unfortunately some people have real issues that will not be overcome by thinking something will work…

as an aside: the interesting thing with certain things, like back issues or nerves, is how individual they are…you will have people that will have jacked up things on paper or via observation but will feel great, and people that are clean on paper but feel terrible…

it is definitely a quackery & pseudoscience (altho some do try to supplement it with some actual proven methodology), and as powerful as the human mind/placebo effect is unfortunately some people have real issues that will not be overcome by thinking something will work…

as an aside: the interesting thing with certain things, like back issues or nerves, is how individual they are…you will have people that will have jacked up things on paper or via observation but will feel great, and people that are clean on paper but feel terrible…
If it were only truly a placebo effect, then I would have been glad. Allow me to share my journey around chiropractice although this is not to convince you off your perception.. I never really cared about it nor the methodology behind the concept of alternative medicine. But one thing that led me to it that it cured me of my hardened muscle which I was suffering for years which doctors never treated properly other than putting some pain ointments on it and some constant intake of Tylenol for pain. I can't blame you for your doubts since I've met a majority of them of nothing more than hacks that want you to pay more for sessions but never really treat your problem. But the good ones I've met really know what they are doing and coincide with the diagnosis of physiotherapists. There are good ones and a lot of bad ones, the same with dentists.

They would help, I slouch a lot before but I'm better now. For some reason, it became more of a habit that when I'm slouching, it becomes uncomfortable for me that I have to adjust myself. This happened after my posture correction. I know some people consider them as quacks, but there is a science behind their practice. Finding a good chiro can be quite challenging though.
I’ve been considering going for a while, I have horrible posture when sitting down or standing. I’ve ever gone to a chiropractor btw

Down 30 in a month 1/2 doin keto. Thought i could never do without carbs but its been wayyy easier than i thought :smokin

Now if i can only get my *** to the gym I'd be able to tone all this up.
my carb intake has significantly been reduced since late last month after our trip from L.A. I restarted my IF. there was a bit of a struggle but never thought that it would be quite manageable, probably because I had been doing it already before. I noticed some physical changes and my tummy is getting back to where it was several months ago. my endurance though is still shot but getting there with frequent cardio. as far as my meals go, I'm now managing with portion size meals atleast 1 or 2 meals a day. although having said that, been taking some water pill so that could have impacted it as well.

Down 30 in a month 1/2 doin keto. Thought i could never do without carbs but its been wayyy easier than i thought :smokin

Now if i can only get my *** to the gym I'd be able to tone all this up.
Congratulations i need to get back on myself. It works best for me when Im consistent out of anything (i do IF naturally as well since i dont eat breakfast almost ever). How far are you from your goal weight?

Congratulations i need to get back on myself. It works best for me when Im consistent out of anything (i do IF naturally as well since i dont eat breakfast almost ever). How far are you from your goal weight?

I'm tryin to get down to 185 - 190 , just the numbers i had in my head. Don't wanna get skinny or look like somethings wrong with me. Ever since i had my surgery dr been on me bout losing it. Finally walked by the mirror shirtless and i looked like an upside-down lightbulb :lol: :smh:

Just shocked how fast I've lost this without working out. My schedule at work is so day by day thats the problem in gettin a gym routine for me. Gonna figure out a way but first i gotta take care of this "ketosis smell" , just started happening this week and I'm so self conscious at work :lol:

Way too many smokin hot women in here to be smellin like a salami sandwich and tons of deodorant. Anyone else deal with this ?

Your breathe or coming out your pores? Yea it happens tho. Get some sport to sport powder or the Gold bold one Shaq endorses

Only my underarms at the moment. Tried deodorant and gold bond together and still. Heard about the breath also but thankfully I'm not dealin with that. Hopefully i wont but this has me lockin myself in the office all day :lol: :rolleyes

I'm tryin to get down to 185 - 190 , just the numbers i had in my head. Don't wanna get skinny or look like somethings wrong with me. Ever since i had my surgery dr been on me bout losing it. Finally walked by the mirror shirtless and i looked like an upside-down lightbulb :lol: :smh:

Just shocked how fast I've lost this without working out. My schedule at work is so day by day thats the problem in gettin a gym routine for me. Gonna figure out a way but first i gotta take care of this "ketosis smell" , just started happening this week and I'm so self conscious at work :lol:

Way too many smokin hot women in here to be smellin like a salami sandwich and tons of deodorant. Anyone else deal with this ?

instead of trying to mask what is a result of your diet, the question is: does it have to be keto? the strictness of the keto diet was developed for a specific medical purpose, which escapes me…but point is if a person doesn’t have that particular affliction, studies shown there isn’t anything special about any diet when it comes to weight loss; the key thing for folk trying to drop weight is adherence…so unless you just really love keto, it might be time to try something else??

also, if you aren’t (resistance/strength) training and you lost weight relatively quickly…it is likely you would also have lost a good deal of muscle too, because muscle is expensive and so if your body deems it unnecessary it will also catabolize it so (an interesting aside is that some people lose weight and actually end up with a higher percentage of body fat because of this; this why so many struggle with losing weight) definitely try to be aware/keep track of that.

hope you can continue your progress!

I had brain surgery for seizures i started having in my 30's and my dr suggested the keto diet because I'm so picky with food. I literally eat nothing but your basic junk food dinners ( pizza, burgers, pasta, etc ) , no fruits veggies or fish. Very picky eater so thats why the doc said this diet would probably work for me cause nothing else did being i ate so much carbs.

Appreciate the info and any info anyone has on the diet. Been literally looking up anything that has to do with it since its been working :smokin

😮‍💨 ah ok, that makes sense, seriously scary, hope you are good now! i believe people who suffered from/with seizures is who actually the keto diet was developed for 😅. had a brief stint with keto (to be honest i was never sure i ever achieved ketosis) but after looking more into it, altho it thought whatever i was doing was effective i found i could similar results without being nearly as restrictive…

since you are a picky eater how varied are the things you actually eat now? it’s basically high protein, high/moderate fat, low carbs right? have you hit your doc about the solutions for the smell thing?

All i eat now is basically, protein and eggs. Like i said, too picky but this is something i can definitely stick to. Once i found out about the pork rind batter for chicken and such i was all in :lol:

2 weeks out from competing and I feel terrible. add on the fact my left lower back is now acting up smh

also failed a 545 deadlift twice during this prep.... which is what im trying to hit during the competition lol...

Screen_Shot_2018-03-30_at_11.34.27_AM.jpg

😮‍💨 ah ok, that makes sense, seriously scary, hope you are good now! i believe people who suffered from/with seizures is who actually the keto diet was developed for 😅. had a brief stint with keto (to be honest i was never sure i ever achieved ketosis) but after looking more into it, altho it thought whatever i was doing was effective i found i could similar results without being nearly as restrictive…

since you are a picky eater how varied are the things you actually eat now? it’s basically high protein, high/moderate fat, low carbs right? have you hit your doc about the solutions for the smell thing?
from what I have read, Ketosis is achieved from a range of 1-3 days. they said this estimation according to what the person's reserves are but normally, those are are typical range.

Back
Top Bottom