STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

We’re not in disagreement about this^.

All I’m saying is that ‘finessing their individual caloric intake’ isn’t as simple as eat more or less, like some folks (not saying you) seem to think.

If you’ve ever asked yourself if you’re a hardgainer or not, you’re not and won‘t understand the blessing and curse that it is.
mjcry1.png

The only reason I’m not 300 pounds by now is because my body is allergic to mass, it’s as simple as that.

The Fats can drive by a McDonald’s and see that they’ve gained weight when they get home. A “Hardgainer” might need a few cheeseburgers a day to add weight to the scale.
manny.png
it would take me 3 slices of pizza.

I used to be 120 pounds and was a cook and ate for free and didn’t realize I had to eat 7000k calories a day to gain weight for a long time.

Let me see everyone eat 7k calories in a day and see what happens. :lol:

I drank mass gainer too but I mostly did it off food. I’m 180 now with a 1,185 pound total who lifts for fun. Eating is harder than lifting at first.

I put on 70 pounds in a year in this thread actually. :lol: come in here skinny and people will help.
I have to do less than 1k to even lose weight nowadays. 7k would triple my size easily in a few days. the last time I went down to a small frame was doing supersets clocking down to 159 lbs. as of the moment, I'm 45 lbs over my optimal weight. just glad my knees can still carry the overload although I'm feeling a lot of foot soreness nowadays.

All I’m saying is that ‘finessing their individual caloric intake’ isn’t as simple as eat more or less, like some folks (not saying you) seem to think.

If you’ve ever asked yourself if you’re a hardgainer or not, you’re not and won‘t understand the blessing and curse that it is.
mjcry1.png

The only reason I’m not 300 pounds by now is because my body is allergic to mass, it’s as simple as that.

The Fats can drive by a McDonald’s and see that they’ve gained weight when they get home. A “Hardgainer” might need a few cheeseburgers a day to add weight to the scale.
manny.png

Facts and I’m speaking as an easy gainer

I can gain 10 lbs from a cheat day no problem

I’ve always been jealous of hard gainers but they struggle with the size I’ve never struggled with and I struggle with aesthetics

It’s a trade off

mjcry1.png

manny.png
Mans was insulting and empathetic in one swoop.

I’ve always been jealous of hard gainers but they struggle with the size I’ve never struggled with and I struggle with aesthetics

It’s a trade off
Yeah it's a trade off. The missus love the aesthetic part. The lean athletic type. She hates the bouncer type body but what can I do? It's my body type.

It’s a trade off
Fam thats me i gained 10.5 lbs this weekend. I know people say “its just water weight,” or more pacifically muscle glycogen but its still hella discouraging and doesnt come off as fast as it comes on, usually sets me back 4 days to get back to where i was before the wingstop or olive garden or whatever happened. I just have to be conscious of it and have less cheat days/weeks/meals. I am still down over 40lbs from my highest from last quarter so I guess glass is half full and I shouldn’t be so critical of myself. Bout 40lbs off my goal weight and I’ll reevaluate when i get there

Fam thats me i gained 10.5 lbs this weekend. I know people say “its just water weight,” or more pacifically muscle glycogen but its still hella discouraging and doesnt come off as fast as it comes on, usually sets me back 4 days to get back to where i was before the wingstop or olive garden or whatever happened. I just have to be conscious of it and have less cheat days/weeks/meals. I am still down over 40lbs from my highest from last quarter so I guess glass is half full and I shouldn’t be so critical of myself. Bout 40lbs off my goal weight and I’ll reevaluate when i get there

double digit gains over a weekend isn't great, obviously the goal would be to not have that happen but just as importantly is the reaction to said gain. ideally one would just get back on the mission and not necessarily try to make up for the setback...

also another way to gauge progress other than the scale are the body composition/physical changes or lack there of and/or how clothes are (not) fitting...the scale can oftentimes be misleading.

and the upside of gaining a bit of weight is that usually it can be accompanied by a bump up in max strength as well, so one can use this too push muscle growth in that period 😎

10.5lbs over one weekend????? What are you eating?

I feel the pain. Dropped 60lbs during the pandemic just eating better and giving up drinking in addition to my workout. Put back another 10 post pandemic but the weekends easily swing me another 5-8 lbs just off one or two cheat meals…

I usually follow a cheat with 24,36, sometimes 48 hour fast. I know its a bad relationship to have with food but it’s the hand I am dealt. I also put on some quality muscle underneath all this fat too maybe more easily than some other people

That’s insane how fast y’all can gain weight, I wish I had that “problem”

Ig it’s cause my metabolism is so fast I just burn off whatever weight I try to put on

I feel the pain. Dropped 60lbs during the pandemic just eating better and giving up drinking in addition to my workout. Put back another 10 post pandemic but the weekends easily swing me another 5-8 lbs just off one or two cheat meals…

I usually follow a cheat with 24,36, sometimes 48 hour fast. I know its a bad relationship to have with food but it’s the hand I am dealt. I also put on some quality muscle underneath all this fat too maybe more easily than some other people

what do y’all be eating regularly that ‘cheat’ meals hittin for close to 10 lbs swings tho? if it’s necessary to have cheats regularly maybe consider organizing the normal diet such that it is a lil more lenient & chest meals aren’t necessary?

And cuz you’re 17 my guy lol

Wait till you hit 30

🤣🤣🤣 that’s funny thing about the body type thing, folk barely have gone through puberty and filled out to their adult bodies/lifestyles to really know. we used to inhale multiple pizzas, w/wings, washed down w/sugary juices/sodas in minutes and barely feel it or gain weight, most of the same dudes today couldn’t fathom doing this 😂

still got some lbs. to lose myself, been hovering @ ≈ high 220s lbs for a couple months now…been avoiding doing cardio like i owe it money 😅

session from a couple weeks ago:

Last edited:
Just Olive Garden or Wingstop or a candy bar. Its not no The Rock/Michael Phelps level **** and obviously I didnt eat 35,000 calories. It’s just how my body handles excess. Just like on the other end of the spectrum the 6ers had Shawn Bradley eating 16k calories when he came into the NbA and he really never gained any weight his whole nba career hntil he retired and unfortunately became paralyzed

what do y’all be eating regularly that ‘cheat’ meals hittin for close to 10 lbs swings tho? if it’s necessary to have cheats regularly maybe consider organizing the normal diet such that it is a lil more lenient & chest meals aren’t necessary?

For me it’s usually a couple bourbons that lead to a late night pizza or fast food. I chop it up to water weight and don’t stress it, just get back on routine the next day

Just Olive Garden or Wingstop or a candy bar. Its not no The Rock/Michael Phelps level **** and obviously I didnt eat 35,000 calories. It’s just how my body handles excess. Just like on the other end of the spectrum the 6ers had Shawn Bradley eating 16k calories when he came into the NbA and he really never gained any weight his whole nba career hntil he retired and unfortunately became paralyzed

didn't know the 'stormin mormon' was paralyzed... that's tough for him being so tall.

athletes are notorious for having poor diets & falling off after they retire, similarly to how most people start gaining weight after high school & college and their lives become less active, once athletes don't have to train a lot do blow up (get the dad bod or the beer gut) if they don't maintain their regimen to some degree.

For me it’s usually a couple bourbons that lead to a late night pizza or fast food. I chop it up to water weight and don’t stress it, just get back on routine the next day

does alcohol/bourbon have that impact? makes sense not to sweat it & just get back to regularly scheduled programming tho, if fighters can gain similar or even more weight in the course of a couple days it's should not be that surprising that it's possible to do for us in gen pop 😂

tokes99 tokes99 when I think about it. It’s not hard to believe a huge swing in weight over a weekend binge considering that “weight” can be a number of things. Water, stomach content, poop, etc.

Now if we’re talking about putting on 10+ lbs of fat over a weekend binge then that is absolutely absurd and I don’t think any human can pull that off lol.

And cuz you’re 17 my guy lol

Wait till you hit 30
even wait longer til you're on your 40s. early 30s, I could still burn within a month and progressively after doing super sets. now I have to do more than that. challenge is, my body aches worse now than I was during my 30s. but I would still do it regardless even if it seems to be futile. any how, lost some size this summer but still weight the same. was about to buy some new scrubs for work. co-worker asked me for fitting. gave me a medium. my head barely got inside. said, NAH, give me a large one. still didn't fit. ask for an XL, still didn't fit. finally resigned and said, if you can find me a XXXL, that would be awesome. damn.

🤣🤣🤣 that’s funny thing about the body type thing, folk barely have gone through puberty and filled out to their adult bodies/lifestyles to really know. we used to inhale multiple pizzas, w/wings, washed down w/sugary juices/sodas in minutes and barely feel it or gain weight, most of the same dudes today couldn’t fathom doing this 😂

still got some lbs. to lose myself, been hovering @ ≈ 220s lbs for a couple months now…been avoiding doing cardio like i owe it money 😅

session from a couple weeks ago:

atleast you can still dunk. I lost my vert, the day I went XL.

anyhow, just cropped a pic of my highschool bro. he got a small frame back in highschool and smaller than me. tihs is his current size. he is now a bodybuilder and involved in competitions. I think he is also a trainer now.

Attachments

• ron.jpg
    ron.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 462
Back
Top Bottom