STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

20230824_171329.jpg

Copped with T mobile Tuesday 45% off code

been messing around more with nordics lately as a warmup…😮‍💨. also randomly bought a cheap $20 velcro lifting belt…how tight to the midsection do those that use belts make their belt for lifts? using a belt for the 1st time put me on to the realization that my midsection could be substantially smaller 🫤 couldn’t get the belt tight enough with velcro, was popping out of that joint every other lift 😂, you get what you pay for!

been messing around more with nordics lately as a warmup…😮‍💨. also randomly bought a cheap $20 velcro lifting belt…how tight to the midsection do those that use belts make their belt for lifts? using a belt for the 1st time put me on to the realization that my midsection could be substantially smaller 🫤 couldn’t get the belt tight enough with velcro, was popping out of that joint every other lift 😂, you get what you pay for!

Would have to see belt.

You don't want a loose belt, cause then what's the point right?

What works for me:

DL - slightly above belly button

Squat (low & high bar) - Right on the belly button

I have a pioneer belt for reference.

Velcro belts aren't good imo. Get a single or double prong belt. Rogue makes one that's like $40, it's a solid belt at that price point.

Velcro belts aren't good imo. Get a single or double prong belt. Rogue makes one that's like $40, it's a solid belt at that price point.

^This.

Velcro belts are trash; I bushed the one I bought after like my first 4 or 5 mos. of lifting.

I have three main belts I use, depending on the lift, and have zero issues with bracing while they're on.

If that's in your budget or you're just starting out and want a feel, it's permissible. (Novice, Amateur)

If you're progressing, want to get serious, loving lifting in general. You should definitely upgrade. (Intermediate, Advanced)

if you’re gonna use a velcro belt it’s gotta be a 2pood with the locking system. it’ll never loosen up

Last edited:
Would have to see belt.

You don't want a loose belt, cause then what's the point right?

What works for me:

DL - slightly above belly button

Squat (low & high bar) - Right on the belly button

I have a pioneer belt for reference.

image.jpg

i just bought it on a whim really, i don’t really plan on using it much to be honest…i think i was just making it too snug i kinda assumed it’s supposed to be fairly tight but it seems this isn’t the case?
If that's in your budget or you're just starting out and want a feel, it's permissible. (Novice, Amateur)

If you're progressing, want to get serious, loving lifting in general. You should definitely upgrade. (Intermediate, Advanced)

it was more to see what the difference was…and it was cheap enough for a spur of the moment purchase, going to give it another try tonight for deadlifts & full depth squats as i only did quarter squats with it

tokes99 tokes99 you want it to be snug, but leave enough room that you can expand into it

been rocking with this one since it dropped like a year ago, has never come loose. in fact it’s kind of a pain to undo once it’s on :lol:

View attachment 3164688

Back
Top Bottom