STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

do folk here try to get a certain amount of steps in or keep track of their steps? never really kept track tho i know i definitely was doing more walking during the lockdowns

Does anyone have any interesting things that they do to maximize their rest?

I am trying counterbalance maximum effort with maximum rest.

Thanks everyone.
arnold-schwarzenegger-weed.gif

gym etiquette question. These two kids were waiting for a bench and decided to hit incline but wanted to come back between sets to save their spot for the flat bench. I wasn’t having it but curious what other people think.

gym etiquette question. These two kids were waiting for a bench and decided to hit incline but wanted to come back between sets to save their spot for the flat bench. I wasn’t having it but curious what other people think.
If the incline was free and the went to that while they wait I don’t think it’s an issue.

I don’t think they need to go back and forth though as long as there’s an understanding. That part of it could definitely get annoying.

do folk here try to get a certain amount of steps in or keep track of their steps? never really kept track tho i know i definitely was doing more walking during the lockdowns
not me. on average, my work is clocking in 10,000 steps for 5-6 times a week. that's about 50-60k steps per week and my body and weight still remains the same. if I want to loose, I have to do HIIT.

Does anyone have any interesting things that they do to maximize their rest?

I am trying counterbalance maximum effort with maximum rest.

Thanks everyone.
interesting? I'd rather have a full sleep. if you are having trouble sleeping, take some melatonin.

well for me that's acceptable even if it's annoying if you are also waiting to use it. what is unacceptable though are peeps using it merely for wasting their time on the phone.

The Strong have priority in the gym over The Fats and Weaks. Two kids? Unless one of them was Superboy.

They can't "save" something I'm actively using.

They also would have been far too intimidated to try that with me in the first place.
Smug-Escanor.png

The Strong have priority in the gym over The Fats and Weaks. Two kids? Unless one of them was Superboy.

They can't "save" something I'm actively using.

They also would have been far too intimidated to try that with me in the first place.
Smug-Escanor.png
maybe one of them is .....

Attachments

• puri.jpg
    puri.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 421
not me. on average, my work is clocking in 10,000 steps for 5-6 times a week. that's about 50-60k steps per week and my body and weight still remains the same. if I want to loose, I have to do HIIT.

Yeah, 10K steps/day (the bar minimum as my guy pointed out) ALONE isn’t losing weight for a majority of folks. You gotta cardio, lifting, etc to that.

interesting? I'd rather have a full sleep. if you are having trouble sleeping, take some melatonin.

I get home from work now and have less than 8 hours before I have to get up and do it all over again so I have been focused on making sure I sleep so melatonin has been added to the rotation and it’s solid. I have also been experimenting with a variety of calming sleep teas one of which actually includes some melatonin :lol:

Overall, I would say I have been getting much better quality sleep no matter how many hours it is. That feeling of waking up refreshed >>>>> *.

Yeah, 10K steps/day (the bar minimum as my guy pointed out) ALONE isn’t losing weight for a majority of folks. You gotta cardio, lifting, etc to that.

I get home from work now and have less than 8 hours before I have to get up and do it all over again so I have been focused on making sure I sleep so melatonin has been added to the rotation and it’s solid. I have also been experimenting with a variety of calming sleep teas one of which actually includes some melatonin :lol:

Overall, I would say I have been getting much better quality sleep no matter how many hours it is. That feeling of waking up refreshed >>>>> *.

the 10k steps is an arbitrary number, there is no science to it…i can’t remember what the story is to it but it is a completely made up number that ‘sounds’ good.

be careful w/the melatonin too, i’ve read it can be detrimental to your natural melatonin production if supplemented too often, which will ultimately tank your sleep quality

I have no issues sleeping. I have not woken up to an alarm in over 7 years. I have spent years intentionally catching up on sleep... for years spent wasting time... not sleeping enough. I always intentionally sleep whenever I feel tired. My workouts always get me tired. I am good on sleep as a recovery practice.

My question was intended to see if anyone had any specific niche recovery practices... like sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber... taking ice baths... or anything like that. I know nothing can replace sleep. I guess I just wanted to see what other interesting rest and recovery practices others did while awake.

I have no issues sleeping. I have not woken up to an alarm in over 7 years. I have spent years intentionally catching up on sleep... for years spent wasting time... not sleeping enough. I always intentionally sleep whenever I feel tired. My workouts always get me tired. I am good on sleep as a recovery practice.

My question was intended to see if anyone had any specific niche recovery practices... like sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber... taking ice baths... or anything like that. I know nothing can replace sleep. I guess I just wanted to see what other interesting rest and recovery practices others did while awake.

I don't.

I also think a lot of that stuff (like taking ice baths) is overrated.

Up until I exceed max recoverable volume, as long as I eat and sleep "enough" I'm good to go.

I was once given a suggestion to sleep with onions inside of my socks, with the intentions of increasing the moisture on my feet. It helped melt all of the dry skin. The morning after I cut my toenails, washed my feet, and let my feet rest. Once rested... my feet felt really refreshed.

the 10k steps is an arbitrary number, there is no science to it…i can’t remember what the story is to it but it is a completely made up number that ‘sounds’ good.

be careful w/the melatonin too, i’ve read it can be detrimental to your natural melatonin production if supplemented too often, which will ultimately tank your sleep quality

Yeah, I mentioned I have no clue where the 10K came from and I do agree that it is arbitrary number :lol:

Thanks for the melatonin heads up :wow: I have always wondered what would happen if I took it too often so I avoided it for the most part. I need to be more careful and aware

I do all sleep pills only when I really really need to sleep. Like you said in the long run it just makes things worse. I take trazadone a few times a month, it works well but horrible drowsiness and dry mouth the next morning :smh:

my ***** I just get pedicures.
Little did I know... that there are levels.

Little did I know... that there are both strip mall pedicures... and ancient at home recipe pedicures.

I was just searching for next level information in reference to anything else rest and recovery related.

I need a bear tranquilizer to even get close to 8 hours of sleep
I believe that if you have slept for as long as you have needed to sleep in reference to your age... a polyphasic sleep cycle can still be healthy.

if you are already healthy... you might want to rethink even needing 8 hours of sleep per night. You might only need 6 hours of sleep per night. Adding a 2 hour workout to your schedule... and moving your bedtime back 2 hours... will probably get you tired... and prevent you from needing a bear tranquilizer... to get close to 8 hours of sleep per night.

Back
Top Bottom