STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

A meat head on a podcast is the last person Im going to on the topic of intermittent fasting. :lol:

There are actual peer reviewed studies on the benefits of intermittent fasting on overall health, weight loss, etc.

It has to be done dilligently for you to see any benefits which is why it has to become a lifestyle not just a phase.

A meat head on a podcast is the last person Im going to on the topic of intermittent fasting. :lol:

There are actual peer reviewed studies on the benefits of intermittent fasting on overall health, weight loss, etc.

It has to be done dilligently for you to see any benefits which is why it has to become a lifestyle not just a phase.

in the context they are referring to, weight loss and/or management, the science is pretty clear that there is no benefit over plain ol’ calorie restriction…which isn’t to say their aren’t any benefits to fasting (whether intermittent or some other kind) just that there isn’t anything special about for controlling weight and for other things the are for sure downsides

in the context they are referring to, weight loss and/or management, the science is pretty clear that there is no benefit over plain ol’ calorie restriction…which isn’t to say their aren’t any benefits to fasting (whether intermittent or some other kind) just that there isn’t anything special about for controlling weight and for other things the are for sure downsides

Calorie restriction is built into intermittent fasting. Youre not supposed to pig out during your breakfast. Ketosis is the only difference, which adds other benefits in addition to weight loss.

Calorie restriction is built into intermittent fasting. Youre not supposed to pig out during your breakfast. Ketosis is the only difference, which adds other benefits in addition to weight loss.

not necessarily, a person can definitely spaz out with calorie dense meal(s) in the fast or time restricted eating…and ketosis is something most people who are fasting rarely, if ever, get into because so many other things need to be true; furthermore there isn’t anything that special about ketosis, it just another way the body can produce energy

Soon as you catch your breath, gotta take dudes breath from him

YW got stuck on the decline the other day and two folks ran over like The Flash while others at least looked over to see that she was okay.

I had the
unimpressed.png
on the outside with the
pachah1.png
on the inside but didn't stop my WoD.

not necessarily, a person can definitely spaz out with calorie dense meal(s) in the fast or time restricted eating…and ketosis is something most people who are fasting rarely, if ever, get into because so many other things need to be true; furthermore there isn’t anything that special about ketosis, it just another way the body can produce energy

A person can spaz out with any diet. Its very individual dependent. If you do it right, exercise, watch what you eat its the fountain of youth.

I didnt say ketosis was special, I know what ketosis is on a biochemical level. It has been shown to lead to weight loss and reverse metabolic syndrome.

Why is it not good for a diet?

Regardless, I think deusavertat deusavertat and I use fasting a lifestyle more than a diet tbh. All diets should technically be lifestyles, right?
I think do whatever works for you until it doesn't, then try something else. These dudes may have started solid and purely fitness but they're just thirsty for content for dollars like everyone else. Like their second topic is Bud Light for ****s sake. Dudes can't help themselves.

Like Im not trying to sell anyone on fasting, its not fun. :lol:

Just do whatever works for you. I just see benefits beyond even weight loss.

Pretty sure some of y’all ain’t human beings, we must got androids and aliens and zonbies posting in this ***.
50KS8.png

Ole “I only eat every fourth lunar month” *** mfers, I can’t trust y’all.
5I5s8.png

Eating food is what works for me. Y’all’s mileage may (obviously).
5I5s8.png

A person can spaz out with any diet. Its very individual dependent. If you do it right, exercise, watch what you eat its the fountain of youth.

I didnt say ketosis was special, I know what ketosis is on a biochemical level. It has been shown to lead to weight loss and reverse metabolic syndrome.

sure, but the criticism or better put, the commentary on fasting is on how people tend to use/view it for weight loss as if it is something unique about fasting or time restricted eating when all studies that equate for the calories dont see any difference for weight loss and if a person is actually trying to build/maintain muscle it is actually very detrimental/suboptimal...

the keto diet i think was 'invented' as a solution for folk that had issues with epilepsy and/or seizures. to even get to ketosis requires is strictness very few people can maintain in order to get their body to switch over to using keytones...at which point it is less about the fasting/ketosis than actually being able to restrict the caloric intake

I think do whatever works for you until it doesn't, then try something else. These dudes may have started solid and purely fitness but they're just thirsty for content for dollars like everyone else. Like their second topic is Bud Light for ****s sake. Dudes can't help themselves.

😂 true they go waaay left with topics often, they are knowledgeable dudes tho...since i have been checking for their content i mostly listen to the opening clickbait part and the part where they answer listeners's questions, which i find informative...

their point about fasting, especially as it concerns their audience & what they advocate, is just it can be a useful tool for some immediate/temporary goal but as a diet/lifestyle it is not a good approach for building and/or maintaining muscle or weight loss/management...obviously individual results will vary but as general advice it makes sense

sure, but the criticism or better put, the commentary on fasting is on how people tend to use/view it for weight loss as if it is something unique about fasting or time restricted eating when all studies that equate for the calories dont see any difference for weight loss and if a person is actually trying to build/maintain muscle it is actually very detrimental/suboptimal...

the keto diet i think was 'invented' as a solution for folk that had issues with epilepsy and/or seizures. to even get to ketosis requires is strictness very few people can maintain in order to get their body to switch over to using keytones...at which point it is less about the fasting/ketosis than actually being able to restrict the caloric intake

😂 true they go waaay left with topics often, they are knowledgeable dudes tho...since i have been checking for their content i mostly listen to the opening clickbait part and the part where they answer listeners's questions, which i find informative...

their point about fasting, especially as it concerns their audience & what they advocate, is just it can be a useful tool for some immediate/temporary goal but as a diet/lifestyle it is not a good approach for building and/or maintaining muscle or weight loss/management...obviously individual results will vary but as general advice it makes sense

Yea this isnt temporary. Many people try and it doesnt work for them cause its a lifestyle choice not a quick fad for weight loss. I think when you frame it that way it takes care of a lot of skepticism around it and see where it can go south very quickly. It isnt a quick fix for anything.

There are other ways to lose weight. At this point it isnt even about weight loss for me. There are added benefits. Even simple things like the ritual of fasting seems to help me mentally. Clarity through deprivation.

currently the fastest growing fitness youtuber/influencer right now.

obv hes on the juice but his content reminds me of the OG fitness youtuber days. no fancy edits with music and ****. Just raw footage.

ngl this kinda impressive for someone his weight

My ***** body don't even anatomically function or move right.

🤔😮‍💨 the abstract actually notes that the cognitive/metabolic benefits while ‘promising’ are unproven for already healthy persons…anecdotally i do think that fasting has a way of focusing the mind compared to being in a fed state

the main point the ‘meatheads’ were making is that the evidence doesn’t suggest that fasting is a good (long term) strategy for weight loss or management, and especially so if a person is trying to build or maintain muscle, training, or performing at/near max potential. the studies that have compared the results of strength training while on fasting diets to while ‘regular’ diets make this clear

currently the fastest growing fitness youtuber/influencer right now.

obv hes on the juice but his content reminds me of the OG fitness youtuber days. no fancy edits with music and ****. Just raw footage.

ngl this kinda impressive for someone his weight

🤯

larry wheels said he was blowing 5 figures a day on sex/cam sites

🤯🤯🤯 i have heard him talk about this before but never heard the 5 figs daily part…brav was wylin’ 😮‍💨

🤔😮‍💨 the abstract actually notes that the cognitive/metabolic benefits while ‘promising’ are unproven for already healthy persons…anecdotally i do think that fasting has a way of focusing the mind compared to being in a fed state

the main point the ‘meatheads’ were making is that the evidence doesn’t suggest that fasting is a good (long term) strategy for weight loss or management, and especially so if a person is trying to build or maintain muscle, training, or performing at/near max potential. the studies that have compared the results of strength training while on fasting diets to while ‘regular’ diets make this clear

🤯

🤯🤯🤯 i have heard him talk about this before but never heard the 5 figs daily part…brav was wylin’ 😮‍💨

Yea its ongoing research but there is enough evidence that it is at least neuroprotective (studies on Alzheimers and other neurocognitive disorders). Being healthy doesnt mean you cant at least slow down some of the damage associated with the aging process. Increased insulin resistance and neuroprotective effects have been well documented at the very least at a molecular level.

You keep bringing up muscles and training. Thats the least of the reason for me doing this. :lol:

Last edited:
If you feel healthy and strong then eat as much as you want or fast. We are all working towards somewhat unique goals and different things work for different people but.

Try things until you find what works for you/helps you get to your goals and stick with it brahs

Yea its ongoing research but there is enough evidence that it is at least neuroprotective (studies on Alzheimers and other neurocognitive disorders). Being healthy doesnt mean you cant at least slow down some of the damage associated with the aging process. Increased insulin resistance and neuroprotective effects have been well documented at the very least at a molecular level.

You keep bringing up muscles and training. Thats the least of the reason for me doing this. :lol:

fasho, every person has their own approach, goals, & path…their particular bent is from the standpoint that muscle is protective…as such for most fitness regiments keeping/preserving what one has, at the minimum, and ideally building more of it should be the goal especially as one ages. seems that some of your goals are conflict tho, such is life obviously so we all make trade offs

just pointing out that some of the reasoning you are stating is not the science…there are benefits to fasting, just not the ones you are claiming.

Should probably post this in the Washed thread, but this will do.

😂 i mean i can see how you could interpret this as ‘washed’ but nah, no way i calling any of that washed them man were running faster than many man a quarter of their age!

Yeah, I should have been more clear.

It would have been mainly for the people who think they're washed cause they're not in their 20s anymore. Just take care of yourselves and stop worrying about being washed.

Back
Top Bottom