STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

No need to be hangry.
umad.png

Legs gonna feel this tomorrow

IMG_6236.jpeg

😮‍💨 i don’t know how guys can sit on those seats for so long…i ride my bicycle to work sometimes & lil’ 5 mile ride from the bus stop to my place gets uncomfortable towards the end, maybe i need a more plush seat tho 😂

are you familiar with safa brian on youtube? got into watching a bunch of these type vids, well shot & epic landscapes:

I had an entire Doro Wat pizza at lunch time (8 slices - see Food Thread) and jus ate some healthy snacks because I was hungry. Tomorrow is a rest day so can still can get a 16 hour fast in too :pimp: But THEY will try to say we are starving ourselves :lol: :smh:

i don’t really know if ‘nutrient timing’ is a real thing that matters in the end because it would make sense for our bodies to just take what’s available whenever available as our ancestors didn’t necessarily always have access to certain foods as hunter gatherers…however it could be the case that by fasting it could create a situation where the body preferences fat storage to more efficiently prepare. relatedly to how fasted workouts burn more calories from fat during/intraworkout and less so the rest of the day vs being in a fed state burning less calories from fat during a workout but more the rest of the day. so theoretically you can imagine if one is often fasting it could actually be promoting fat storage, as that is fuel source used when fasting

😮‍💨 i don’t know how guys can sit on those seats for so long…i ride my bicycle to work sometimes & lil’ 5 mile ride from the bus stop to my place gets uncomfortable towards the end, maybe i need a more plush seat tho 😂

are you familiar with safa brian on youtube? got into watching a bunch of these type vids, well shot & epic landscapes:

i don’t really know if ‘nutrient timing’ is a real thing that matters in the end because it would make sense for our bodies to just take what’s available whenever available as our ancestors didn’t necessarily always have access to certain foods as hunter gatherers…however it could be the case that by fasting it could create a situation where the body preferences fat storage to more efficiently prepare. relatedly to how fasted workouts burn more calories from fat during/intraworkout and less so the rest of the day vs being in a fed state burning less calories from fat during a workout but more the rest of the day. so theoretically you can imagine if one is often fasting it could actually be promoting fat storage, as that is fuel source used when fasting

Lol I got a bike fit and they measure your seat bones and give you the correct saddle size. That plus bib shorts help a lot, but after 5-6 hours, you still going to be somewhat sore down there the next day haha

This very well could be the case. I am confidently unsure of the mechanics behind it and would be willing to believe whatever clinical explanation is out there about the pros and cons of the approach. However, it fits my lifestyle currently in terms of results, schedule, etc so I am rocking with it. There was a time when focusing on maximizing lifting and minimal cardio and more eating (ie bulk) was my focus similar to what Tank Top suggests and that worked for me during that time in my life.

Nothing is wrong with either if done reasonably and responsibly. Things change 🤷‍♂️

The weight loss is another sad depressing tale though. After the first meets I ended up deluding myself into thinking I didn't get the full service because of how I looked. So I started just eating every 3rd day. Went from 250 6/30 to 223 9/1. This was how the extras lie came about 8/16. She walked into my room and I was basically crying because of how ****ty I've felt physically and mentally. She demanded to know why. So I said well the fact you lied about "everything but anal" made me feel like I wasn't good enough to even get what I paid for so I basically starved myself.

This is what y’all think deusavertat deusavertat and I are doing :smh:

i don’t even want to know the context that excerpt is in 😮‍💨…really any discussion in here is just somewhat academic & 😏 food for thought 😏😂…obviously we’re all going to do what we think works for our own individual goals, interests, & lifestyles

I was just trolling at that extreme example but I am in agreement with you :lol:

It’s weird but with this recent wave of working out, I thought about it and it feels like I’ve always been working to gain as much muscle as possible or lose as much weight as possible. Being in a state where I want to work out every day but genuinely just want to stay where I am at is new to me :lol: I need to find a new carrot

I was just trolling at that extreme example but I am in agreement with you :lol:

It’s weird but with this recent wave of working out, I thought about it and it feels like I’ve always been working to gain as much muscle as possible or lose as much weight as possible. Being in a state where I want to work out every day but genuinely just want to stay where I am at is new to me :lol: I need to find a new carrot

definitely haven't reached that status, but supposedly once you build the physique it takes way less to maintain, especially if the diet & lifestyle parts are dialed in

definitely haven't reached that status, but supposedly once you build the physique it takes way less to maintain, especially if the diet & lifestyle parts are dialed in

How much more time you got until you get there?

Ate 3 plates at the cookout today because my wife's friends kept talking about how skinny ive gotten. They all big girls with fat boyfriends for context. :lol: They were asking me for fitness and weight loss advice and I dont think they liked my very simple answer of dont eat for 20 hours and do 90 min of cardio a day.:lol:

Ate 3 plates at the cookout today because my wife's friends kept talking about how skinny ive gotten. They all big girls with fat boyfriends for context. :lol: They were asking me for fitness and weight loss advice and I dont think they liked my very simple answer of dont eat for 20 hours and do 90 min of cardio a day.:lol:

To be fair, it’s a simple answer but not so simple execution. 16 hours and 60 minutes even be a lot for most folks tbh.

How much more time you got until you get there?

😮‍💨turning 42 next month so this is a good question as i ain’t gettin any younger 😅…was at 240 top of the year, right now i’m about 225-230ish, got down to 205 around a year or so ago and felt great (ironically tho my jumps and landing feel better now even being heavier), ideally i’d want to get to around 200lbs then see how/if i could sustain that weight and keep relative strength but it’s been slow motion, i only really track protein (and still slacking 😔) not calories…hooping was my only cardio basically but have only been able to play sporadically w/various nagging injuries…all that to say 🤷🏿‍♂️ right now just trying to stay injury free, eating relatively clean, get enough protein, and lift consistently; cutting the weight isn’t necessarily a priority

To be fair, it’s a simple answer but not so simple execution. 16 hours and 60 minutes even be a lot for most folks tbh.

Yea thats what I was telling them. I think people ask me that question expecting some fancy self-help podcast type answer. Nope I just dont eat for long stretches of time and I work out a lot. Nothing fancy.

Alright between this mornings training session and this it should take care of all the ribs and wings I ate yesterday :lol:

Screenshot_20230905_143622_Clock.jpg

Back
Top Bottom