STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

FB_IMG_1694042758497.jpg

Where do y’all watch football at

YouTube tv? Fire stick?

An excellent question, Good Sir. 🏈

I have promoted you in absentia to the Number 1 hero slot. Congratulations on this monumental achievement.
screenshot-2022-05-23-000819-r

My solution: SlingTV + a digital antenna.
francis.png

I just switched back from Hulu to Sling this month.

Sling doesn't carry any local channels over here but the antenna picks them up in HD for free. I'm also missing one or two other channels like CW and MyTV that I can deal with.

Sling does have NFLN, RedZone (I never watch it though), TC, LHN (for college baseball, softball, football).

(I realized I never watch ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX unless it's for football, the World Cup, or the Olympics these days so it's whatever.)

Hulu doesn't have Tennis Channel, LHN, P12N, it still has ads even with the 'No Ads' surcharge, and they're allegedly raising their price by 7 bucks next month as well. Vidgo has a bucnha channels missing. DirecTV doesn't have NFLN.

I get the free Hulu/ESPN/Disney+ bundle from my cell phone provider anyway, so paying for live separately from that wasn't the move.

YTTV just went up but they do have NFLST. I was tempted to do it (I did it once when DirecTV let you pay to stream it without getting a dish) but couldn't stomach paying 400 bucks just to watch some of my team's non-primetime regular season games. (I'll prolly never be in the local market.)

Tbh I'm not sure how folks ever thought these live streaming services were better than cable, especially for sports.

You kinda have to pick what you'll live without and go with that. If you stack more than one service you might as well uncut the cable since the cost is the same (or greater) plus you might still be missing channels.

Also, peep this for a H2H comparison:
Top Channels Roundup: YouTube TV vs. Hulu Live vs. DirecTV Stream and More

I have been using YouTube tv for the longest I cut the cord like 2 months ago with them… I dunno I’m cheap lol.

But for the price and features you can’t beat YouTube tv

Good week. Fasted dilligently. 3 days of training with no major injuries. Debating how much lifting to do this weekend. My right shoulder is holding on by a few fibers it feels like.

Good week. Fasted dilligently. 3 days of training with no major injuries. Debating how much lifting to do this weekend. My right shoulder is holding on by a few fibers it feels like.

i remembered this vid about this guy who fasts and only eats pizza & pasta and is a pro brazilian jujitsu dude, also maintains an absolutely lean aesthetic…most would not be able to do this tho

i remembered this vid about this guy who fasts and only eats pizza & pasta and is a pro brazilian jujitsu dude, also maintains an absolutely lean aesthetic…most would not be able to do this tho

if I had that food diet, I'd be 3x his size.

He’s a top 1% in the pro BJJ world. The way they train you get away with almost anything. Also has a touch of the tism (his words) which is why he hyperfixates on certain foods
Not saying he is, but pro bjj might have the most rampant steroid use of all sports

He’s a top 1% in the pro BJJ world. The way they train you get away with almost anything. Also has a touch of the tism (his words) which is why he hyperfixates on certain foods
Not saying he is, but pro bjj might have the most rampant steroid use of all sports

BJJ doesnt strike me as a steroid heavy sport considering a lot of if doesnt rely on strength (to a certain extent I guess). I mean being strong def makes things a little easier for me. The sport prides itself on being able to beat up anyone no matter what you physique is as long as you are in cardiovascular shape.

If you’re just going to the gym a few times a week as a hobby then yes that all technique no strength stuff is true but at the competition level you need any advantage you can get
At the highest level guys are roided tf up, majority of them too

It’s not necessarily strength roids, it’s more the recovery and cardio ones

I’m talking from experience like pre 2018 when I stopped training too, it’s probably even worse now because the standards are way higher. Hell, they didn’t even drug test at IBJJF black belt world championships back then :lol:
Steroids are legal in Brazil too

I mean just look at the face of no gi bjj at the moment

I had dreams of making it as a BJJ pro at one point :lol:. Caught staph and then ****ed up my knee and never made it back to the gym

I had dreams of making it as a BJJ pro at one point :lol:. Caught staph and then ****ed up my knee and never made it back to the gym

Man every time I step foot on that mat I say a little prayer to buddah nothing bad happens. I just practice injured at this point and compensate as long as it isnt my knee. We were doing throwing drills today and I could only go on one side.

I can still free roll but Im very self aware of the positions I put my body in. Sh** is rough. Only got tapped out once today and I got an elbow/shoulder tap yesterday. My only job these days is to survive. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom