STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

worked late last night & was planning on working from home so skipped my usual early morning session, thought i was going to just skip today because i wasn’t trying to go jym in the peak period…but ended up going anyways…even tho it was PACKED it wasn’t too bad, whole different crowd from the morning crew tho

failed 255 on bench press trying to really control the weight but was able to run it back bouncing the weight up 😮‍💨, once a squat rack was free worked up to 405 squat single going from 315 when i usually hit a weight in between but just sent it, i was trying to get out of there 😂

jKKyKN6.png

As a white belt?? Nah dude either you're a generational talent or your school is trash :lol:

Hes 5ft8? 160 lbs im 6ft4 215 AND he def wasnt going 100%. Even after he tapped I said really? I just got his arm in a bad position and people dont take chances with that.

Not a generational talent just athletic and in really good shape. I got put to sleep by a blue belt heavier than me. Every sub ive gotten is either dude was smaller or out of shape.

And who the hell is paying 1000s for martial arts classes. They better teach you the 5 finger heart exploding technique if youre paying that much.

Hes 5ft8? 160 lbs im 6ft4 215 AND he def wasnt going 100%. Even after he tapped I said really? I just got his arm in a bad position and people dont take chances with that.

Not a generational talent just athletic and in really good shape. I got put to sleep by a blue belt heavier than me. Every sub ive gotten is either dude was smaller or out of shape.

so your 6’4” 215 and your intake for the day was a greek sandwich & some cookies, but your trying to build & keep muscle? you’re not serious 😂

🤣🤣🤣 if you just ate like a normal person and we’re mindful about your lifestyle i’m sure you could get whatever benefit(s) you get from fasting g

Great gym day. Kept the reps at a respectable 15 for NT. Rowed for 35 min biked for an hour. Bought some cookies to eat for when my timer runs down.

So what a minute…you lifted…rowed for 35 minutes..biked got 2 hours…How long were you working out/at the gym??

I pose the question to the others in the thread as well - how long are your typical workout sessions?

Fair enough man :lol:

I was too shook to even try and press my professors. Wasn't trying to have gi burn on my face for 4 days after they turnt up.

What did you catch the prof with? And what did the blue belt get you with?

probably wondering why he’s always runs down, achy and injured

his body…

This guy's a doctor too, or so he claims.

I’m not even trying to throw shade…I’m just genuinely confused at this point :lol: We are doing something similar with fasting although we have different goals - mine being to lose weight initially and now to maintain/lean out while he is kind of trying to bulk I think. But he fasts longer, lifts more weights (burning more calories), he does more cardio (60-90+ minutes on the bike/row and jujitsu with black belts) and he eats less as well as snacks.

That math kind of isn’t mathing to me on this right now

I pose the question to the others in the thread as well - how long are your typical workout sessions?

real time or actual time spent in the gym? since i record pretty much all my visits i have a good record of actual workout time, which is about 30min on the low end if i’m trying to get in & out i& around 90min if i’m dragging a bit, average usually fall somewhere in the 60min range give or take 5-10min; total gym time usually between 90 to 4hrs depending on if i hoop or hit the pool…

So what a minute…you lifted…rowed for 35 minutes..biked got 2 hours…How long were you working out/at the gym??

I only go to the gym 3 times a week. Leg day, and 2 upper body days. I was there yesterday for 3 hours. I biked for an hour and rowed for 35. I dont skip cardio even on lifting days. I try to get in in atleast 90 minutes of some form of cardio a day. Its not as extreme as it sounds, I know people prepping for marathons.

Last edited:
Fair enough man :lol:

I was too shook to even try and press my professors. Wasn't trying to have gi burn on my face for 4 days after they turnt up.

What did you catch the prof with? And what did the blue belt get you with?

The choke was a blur, I dont know what he did but I was legit disoriented afterward.

I used one of the variations of the kimora on him. It was basically the lesson for the week and I kept trying it on everyone. :lol:

My early morning instructor is cool. Hes the only one that actively rolls with his students which is fun and educational. We start classes with 3 5 min rolling sessions then instruction then situational sparring then another rolling session until people leave. Its a diff format from the afternoon and evening classes and I love it.

so your 6’4” 215 and your intake for the day was a greek sandwich & some cookies, but your trying to build & keep muscle? you’re not serious 😂

🤣🤣🤣 if you just ate like a normal person and we’re mindful about your lifestyle i’m sure you could get whatever benefit(s) you get from fasting g

Not the ketogenic benefits. I could stay in shape eating regularly but thats not the only reason why I fast.

The choke was a blur, I dont know what he did but I was legit disoriented afterward.

I used one of the variations of the kimora on him. It was basically the lesson for the week and I kept trying it on everyone. :lol:

My early morning instructor is cool. Hes the only one that actively rolls with his students which is fun and educational. We start classes with 3 5 min rolling sessions then instruction then situational sparring then another rolling session until people leave. Its a diff format from the afternoon and evening classes and I love it.

Figured it would be a shoulder lock of some sort. That's big guy 101 :pimp:

As for the chokes, it's definitely worse when you're getting hit with something you're not expecting or haven't seen/felt before. :emoji_pause_button:

Some of them lock in quick too so by the time you realise you need to escape it's already over :lol:

Back
Top Bottom