STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Screenshot_20220613-213958_Instagram_Original.jpeg

bro out here thinking we gon feel bad…

let’s not forget i was in the BUNKER lifting like THIS during covid

IMG_4732.jpeg

if lonzo benching 400+ then this ***** right here over 700+
Must be a fan of Brad Castleberry. Breaking records everyday. 😆

Storm you aint a lift bro. This question was meant for big bois like top master. :lol: :blush:

that you use use this form of his moniker, tho not sure if intentional, 🤣🤣🤣 it is hilarious ⏸️...

as for the weight for glute gains (kinda irrelevant because of your fasting & cardio regimen...one would to be in a surplus to grow additional muscle---altho if you hold excess fat there the high rep thing could globally allow you to reveal underlying muscle if you are/get lean enough) depends on your foot placement, the range of motion, and how you did the reps both on the concentric & eccentric parts of the lift

that you use use this form of his moniker, tho not sure if intentional, 🤣🤣🤣 it is hilarious ⏸️...

as for the weight for glute gains (kinda irrelevant because of your fasting & cardio regimen...one would to be in a surplus to grow additional muscle---altho if you hold excess fat there the high rep thing could globally allow you to reveal underlying muscle if you are/get lean enough) depends on your foot placement, the range of motion, and how you did the reps both on the concentric & eccentric parts of the lift

i pay very close attention to form on leg days for both safety and gains reasons. From my understanding the positioning for this machine is similar to a squat. Shoulder level apart leg base go as far down as I can then extend without dislocating anything.

i pay very close attention to form on leg days for both safety and gains reasons. From my understanding the positioning for this machine is similar to a squat. Shoulder level apart leg base go as far down as I can then extend without dislocating anything.

i guess, similar to the squat you can vary the leg position & width to emphasize/hit different things, generally the higher up the foot position you can get some glute action lower down more quad but generally it’s going to hit your quads more than anything…

i guess, similar to the squat you can vary the leg position & width to emphasize/hit different things, generally the higher up the foot position you can get some glute action lower down more quad but generally it’s going to hit your quads more than anything…

All facts. Yea you can bring your legs closer in which I think hits my quads a little more I try not go too wide. I also use it for calves. Its a great machine cause I generally hate squating. Its takes all that pressure off my back. Shouldve been doing this all summer so my wife's friends will stop talking about my skinny cut legs.

Ive cut back the marathon biking to an hour a day and replacing that extra 30 min with the stairmaster.

I threw up red Gatorade once, came back onto the mat and my training partner was like “what were you eating spaghetti before class?” i didn’t realize I had a red splatter stain on my pants :lol: def had to change

I threw up red Gatorade once, came back onto the mat and my training partner was like “what were you eating spaghetti before class?” i didn’t realize I had a red splatter stain on my pants :lol: def had to change

Yea i drank a lot of water and a can if energy drink before. I get nauseated sometimes after heavy cardio.

My instructor got there late this morning and decided theres no lesson and we should just free roll. I went up against him multiple times and I was on the aggressive more than usual trying sh** he taught me last week and none of it worked. :lol:

I kept going after arm subs all day and only suceeded once.

:smh::smh: at you also quoting the part where he calls me out |l

EYE didn’t even try to go at him. Fasting Famb is few and far between in here. We gotta stick together
1694530610297.gif

All facts. Yea you can bring your legs closer in which I think hits my quads a little more I try not go too wide. I also use it for calves. Its a great machine cause I generally hate squating. Its takes all that pressure off my back. Shouldve been doing this all summer so my wife's friends will stop talking about my skinny cut legs.

Ive cut back the marathon biking to an hour a day and replacing that extra 30 min with the stairmaster.

i get it every movement ain’t for every body, quite literally…barbell bench pressing having long arms definitely isn’t advantageous but in order to be a lil’ more comfortable & somewhat competent with it as a lift i just make peace with the idea i’m probably never going to be that good at it but it does have benefits that make it worthwhile still.

similarly barbell squats have so much roi on the body globally because of the balance, coordination, & stability it requires of the whole system that it’s worth it, even at partial ranges of motion and/or with not that much weight, especially if you can do them without pain

the ‘problem’ with leg press is that, especially if you are even reasonably active (and even this isn’t really required) the machine(s) generally makes it quite easy to load up, given those are our largest muscle groups & as such not that challenging as a movement, especially if done mindlessly (those leg press fail vids are brutal 😮‍💨).

that said you can take advantage of the machine 😏 by overloading way more (using more weight than you can lift, carefully & responsibly of course, it’s just kinda annoying & tedious to rack, lower, unrack, lift, re-rack on those machines with the plates) &/or slowly controlling the eccentric (lowering/stretch) portion of it, which is supposed to be really good for growth/hypertrophy (but not necessarily good for being twitchy as the time under tension in this case would likely fry those type 2a & 2x fibers) you can use lighter weights w/low reps on the concentric portion to be/focus on being explosive…

as a related aside, if you are really trying to grow, your diet & fitness regimen is going to make this extremely difficult for you…some folk can be active, still do cardio, lift, wrassle, fast, maintain leanness, be twitchy, & still grow but you should probably assume that’s not you 😂, most will have to make a few trade offs to send the proper signals to the body…doing all the activity while routinely fasting could be telling your body you’re in feast or famine mode in which case it might want to store fat (and definitely not add any expensive new muscle) and make one more susceptible to binging food…

I vomited after jiu jitsu today after an hour straight of rolling. :lol:

maybe i’ve been doing it wrong because i’ve never liked working out so much that i could ever get to the point of hurling…so many people take it as a badge of honor tho…my co-worker was just telling me this, she be smashing the preworkout too; she one those ‘fighting demons’ types tho 😬

Last edited:
I always trained with the football team in hs because all my friends played but I didn’t want to do I just lifted and did cardio with them.

I puked a few times running hills with bros holding you back with bands.

i get it every movement ain’t for every body, quite literally…barbell bench pressing having long arms definitely isn’t advantageous but in order to be a lil’ more comfortable & somewhat competent with it as a lift i just make peace with the idea i’m probably never going to be that good at it but it does have benefits that make it worthwhile still.

similarly barbell squats have so much roi on the body globally because of the balance, coordination, & stability it requires of the whole system that it’s worth it, even at partial ranges of motion and/or with not that much weight, especially if you can do them without pain

the ‘problem’ with leg press is that, especially if you are even reasonably active (and even this isn’t really required) the machine(s) generally makes it quite easy to load up, given those are our largest muscle groups & as such not that challenging as a movement, especially if done mindlessly (those leg press fail vids are brutal 😮‍💨).

that said you can take advantage of the machine 😏 by overloading way more (using more weight than you can lift, carefully & responsibly of course, it’s just kinda annoying & tedious to rack, lower, unrack, lift, re-rack on those machines with the plates) &/or slowly controlling the eccentric (lowering/stretch) portion of it, which is supposed to be really good for growth/hypertrophy (but not necessarily good for being twitchy as the time under tension in this case would likely fry those type 2a & 2x fibers) you can use lighter weights w/low reps on the concentric portion to be/focus on being explosive…

as a related aside, if you are really trying to grow, your diet & fitness regimen is going to make this extremely difficult for you…some folk can be active, still do cardio, lift, wrassle, fast, maintain leanness, be twitchy, & still grow but you should probably assume that’s not you 😂, most will have to make a few trade offs to send the proper signals to the body…doing all the activity while routinely fasting could be telling your body you’re in feast or famine mode in which case it might want to store fat (and definitely not add any expensive new muscle) and make one more susceptible to binging food…

maybe i’ve been doing it wrong because i’ve never liked working out so much that i could ever get to the point of hurling…so many people take it as a badge of honor tho…my co-worker was just telling me this, she be smashing the preworkout too; she one those ‘fighting demons’ types tho 😬

Its very common to throw up after strenuous exercise. I did a few years of track in middle through high school including 1 of cross country (never again) we were all throwing up. Summer practices in the heat for football, mad people were barfing.

Yea i dont know im trying to keep my body weight below 215 so bulking isnt my goal per se. Cardio>Strength>Vanity. But id like some muscles to look slightly bigger and keep definition. My arms are getting there. But ive also noticed I atrophy way faster than I used to. Im burning a ton of calories a day and barely refueling.

Im going to have to tweak my in between fast diet which will take some sciencing im yet to figure out.

I always trained with the football team in hs because all my friends played but I didn’t want to do I just lifted and did cardio with them.

I puked a few times running hills with bros holding you back with bands.

Yea so you know lol. That ***** hill mid summer :sick:

Its very common to throw up after strenuous exercise. I did a few years of track in middle through high school including 1 of cross country (never again) we were all throwing up. Summer practices in the heat for football, mad people were barfing.

Yea i dont know im trying to keep my body weight below 215 so bulking isnt my goal per se. Cardio>Strength>Vanity. But id like some muscles to look slightly bigger and keep definition. My arms are getting there. But ive also noticed I atrophy way faster than I used to. Im burning a ton of calories a day and barely refueling.

Im going to have to tweak my in between fast diet which will take some sciencing im yet to figure out.

yea, i’ve seen it tho even when played in high school my cardio, while objectively trash 😂, was always sufficient enough to get through without the contents of my gut going the wrong way…i’d more time gas out before i got to that point honestly…i remember asking the coach the ones season i ran track why sprinters who don’t run for distance were even running 400s & 800s 😮‍💨 only made it through a couple meets & practices before chucking him them deuces 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏿‍♂️

i’m not saying you have to ‘bulk’ but you will need to be very deliberate about being in a calorie surplus, which is like the main reason the fasting thing is so suboptimal for muscle building & maintenance…there is some science that says that only around 30g (maybe a bit more or less) of protein at a time can be used towards muscle which is why the bro science of eating umpteen meals kinda works because it does gives the more opportunities to put the protein to use, while if you’re fasting you not only get less opportunities but less of the protein you consume goes toward building & maintenance of muscle…your margin of error is razor thin

then your are also doing various cardio on top…you might eventually be able gain some aesthetic win maybe through just doing exercises that are novel/new stimulus to you but you just aren’t making it easy for yourself if in fact you do want to build more/new muscle

even tho i’m cheating a bit on the nordics at the hip, starting to get ok with them, trying to figure how i can set up a band assisted version without taking up a rack

But ive also noticed I atrophy way faster than I used to. Im burning a ton of calories a day and barely refueling.

Can you expound upon this? I am interested in both parts.

RE: The speed of muscle atrophy. Why is that? I remember last spring when I stopped working out because life took over that I was losing weight EXPEDITIOUSLY (presumably muscle) and was the skinniest I have been ever. I still feel like the scale must have been wrong but I got pics.

RE: tweak in between fast diet. What do you mean this? What result(s) do you think it will achieve

Can you expound upon this? I am interested in both parts.

RE: The speed of muscle atrophy. Why is that? I remember last spring when I stopped working out because life took over that I was losing weight EXPEDITIOUSLY (presumably muscle) and was the skinniest I have been ever. I still feel like the scale must have been wrong but I got pics.

RE: tweak in between fast diet. What do you mean this? What result(s) do you think it will achieve

If youre fasting you're speeding up this process of autophagy and debulking. Im looking into maybe doing a higher lean protein diet instead of just eating a normal "pyramid" meal like i have been. I should be getting up to 3000 calories from food a day for my size and level of activity. Im looking for an efficient way to do that. Adding whey protein to my shakes during my 5 to 8 hour eating period may be a good start.

If youre fasting you're speeding up this process of autophagy and debulking. Im looking into maybe doing a higher lean protein diet instead of just eating a normal "pyramid" meal like i have been. I should be getting up to 3000 calories from food a day for my size and level of activity. Im looking for an efficient way to do that. Adding whey protein to my shakes during my 5 to 8 hour eating period may be a good start.

fasting has benefits but these...fasting, especially of the daily/routine sort, is not necessarily speeding up autophagy (this is always happening to some extent) or 'debulking,' whatever that even is...

if you like fasting & it works for you, cool but it probably doesn't you do much good to attribute these things to it

fasting has benefits but these...fasting, especially of the daily/routine sort, is not necessarily speeding up autophagy (this is always happening to some extent) or 'debulking,' whatever that even is...

if you like fasting & it works for you, cool but it probably doesn't you do much good to attribute these things to it

None of this happens overnight. Sustained regular 16+ hour fasting will trigger autophagy to a larger extent than not doing so. I mean it makes sense. Even the weird biochemical mechanisms aside that I looked up, if you fast in a way that restricts calories youre speeding up the process. Doing this for a prolonged period of time and Im approaching a year changes you at a sustained molecular level.

Last edited:
Nuts and nut butters bro
And coconut/avocado oil
Fattier red meats like Ribeye

Im a buy a few bags of mixed nuts. Theres a yogurt trail mix one I really like that held me down through a night. Whey protein in shakes. I eat salmon regularly but not enough of it. Sh*** be expensive, especially for quality. :lol:

I have a former roommate/coworker who used to count and measure all his cooking ingredients and nutrients, pretty fit guy. Im really not tryna go down that route. I work really well with structure but I like the freedom of my cooking style.

Back
Top Bottom