STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

I was 230 to 240ish a year ago. Been as high as 260 when I was studying for my core exam. :sick:

I saw my family this weekend apparently I look like a whole different person. :lol: I think 215 is a healthy weight for me. I dipped down to 205 at some point in the beginning of the year and really was looking like my man from The Pianist.

This where I get confused when it comes down to raw numbers :lol: Is it just how you carry your weight and/or your body fat %? I ask because I believe you are 6’4” and a lot NBA PGs are listed at about 6’3-6’4” 200-205 lbs and I don’t think they look like The Pianist.

Is it just your natural body composition making you look like that at 6’4” 205lbs?

This where I get confused when it comes down to raw numbers :lol: Is it just how you carry your weight and/or your body fat %? I ask because I believe you are 6’4” and a lot NBA PGs are listed at about 6’3-6’4” 200-205 lbs and I don’t think they look like The Pianist.

Is it just your natural body composition making you look like that at 6’4” 205lbs?

I was joking. Ive never looked like Pianist guy. People were just shocked by the amount of weight loss and started calling me" skinny". Im built more like a strong safety than a basketball player. I looked skinnier than usual at 200 to 210 but its a healthy weight. 215 is the perfect amount of slender and muscular for me.

yea steph curry is appreciably listed smaller at 6’2”-6’3” ish and about 185 now but no one would say he looks underweight and i don’t think the disparity looks all that great when he is next to ja morant who is 10 lbs lighter or dame who is about 10 lbs heavier…none of them dudes would be confused for the pianist 😂

body composition, body image, weight is a very individual thing tho…

I honestly

I’m not even looking for points, it was just an observation. Especially because that Stairmaster was HITTING and I know you use it for an extended period. But as I’ve said, everyone’s body is different so that probably pays a part in it. I was going to say “I haven’t been 215 in over a decade” but I was looking at an old headshot from 2018 a few months back and I was definitely 215-ish :sick: :smh:
I probably misremembered but if I had to guess I’d say you were 6’2 178 when I saw you, 6’4 wingspan, probably M-L shirts, 32-34 pants or vice versa. That **** was dead height of the pandemy, when i had 2 jobs overlapping and i was on both clocks too when we drove around

Pre workout for legs

20231008_130415.jpg
20231008_114824.jpg
20231008_134631.jpg

I am convinced you did this to spite me :lol: That is 1 hour and 55 minutes of cardio (is that elliptical - Stairmaster - rowing machine?) that you led off with.

What workout are you pairing with that?

I biked for 65, stairmaster for 20 and row for 30 high intensity, breaks to pee in between.

Ive been slowly increasing the speed and inclination on the stairmaster which is by far the most difficult part of all this.

Hit a bunch of lower body stuff today which will undoubtably hurt for the rest of the week.

Leg extension
Dead lifts
Adductor
Abductor
Calves

Did some ab and core workouts to finish. Planking and leg raises.

I biked for 65, stairmaster for 20 and row for 30 high intensity, breaks to pee in between.

Ive been slowly increasing the speed and inclination on the stairmaster which is by far the most difficult part of all this.

Hit a bunch of lower body stuff today which will undoubtably hurt for the rest of the week.

Leg extension
Dead lifts
Adductor
Abductor
Calves

Did some ab and core workouts to finish. Planking and leg raises.

Good **** bro. I hear you on the Stairmaster part. That was definitely the most “challenging” part of the three and I did it last.

Good **** bro. I hear you on the Stairmaster part. That was definitely the most “challenging” part of the three and I did it last.

Lol I usually do it first, get that sh** out the way. But sometimes it drains all the energy I have for the rest of the gym day. :lol:

i’m sure there good exercise science to this contraption but it looks like something that could easily be done ‘wrong’
I’m sure it’ll collect a lot of dust

I didn’t bother cuz I couldn’t figure out where to put the barbell
1696805362008.png

yea steph curry is appreciably listed smaller at 6’2”-6’3” ish and about 185 now but no one would say he looks underweight and i don’t think the disparity looks all that great when he is next to ja morant who is 10 lbs lighter or dame who is about 10 lbs heavier…none of them dudes would be confused for the pianist 😂

body composition, body image, weight is a very individual thing tho…

Steph just looks like a taller lightskin breh that doesn't even lift.
gucci3.png

This is the most important exercise. Don't let these guys ITT tell you about deadlifts or squats. Leg extension is the true measure of strength.

Its good for weak knee boys like myself. Yes, you can have a strong lower body and weak knees if your extension/ patellofemoral mechanism is sus. :lol: :smh:

I have lateral patella maltracking, got it from my mom. Shes getting a knee replacement soon. Its been giving me some subtle problems my whole life but there are ways to compensate.

Saw this new joint at the gym, never seen one b4

IMG_0985.jpeg
IMG_0986.jpeg
Had to look this up as my gym also just got one after there remodel. Its supposed to be a half tire and you can do things like shoulder squats, overhead presses, lunges and other exercises with it. Not sure I'd ever use it as some of the movements looked awkward on the vid I watched.

I’m not impressed.
unimpressed.png

Dude hoops for a living, he’s not supposed to be jacked, I get it, but I’m way more brolic than he is and I’m just a rugular (yes rugular) dude with a day job, not a pro athlete.

You really thought you had one, huh? Simpleton.
mjlol.png
You’re talking to the Tank Top Master Tank Top Master , not some two-bit Tank Top Recruit. Just wait until I ascend and become a Tank Top Gawd.
ufdup.png

Body comp definitely matters when it comes to how you look. I still look big even at 185 and somewhere in between 6'1 - 6'2.

Years of overhead pressing and a wider than average frame makes you look bigger than you are. I actually hate it. Would like to have a lean look, but I'd probably look sick and have people asking me what's wrong if I keep losing weight. Going to see what 175 looks like eventually.

I’m not impressed.
unimpressed.png

Dude hoops for a living, he’s not supposed to be jacked, I get it, but I’m way more brolic than he is and I’m just a rugular (yes rugular) dude with a day job, not a pro athlete.

You really thought you had one, huh? Simpleton.
mjlol.png
You’re talking to the Tank Top Master Tank Top Master , not some two-bit Tank Top Recruit. Just wait until I ascend and become a Tank Top Gawd.
ufdup.png

Becoming a Tank Top Gawd would require you to change your username and you already used up your one to become a master

Back
Top Bottom