STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

LOL, it def helps to an extent. The goal for bjj at least during training is to not rely too much on it. But during a real fight they also encourage using your weight, size, speed and strength to your advantage.

When a big boi gets his knees on my belly. :smh: I specifically started doing core/abs everyday to deal with this

i've been hitting the gym consistently whats the best way to get through soreness?
bcaa?

to some extent it is just part of the (re) acclimation process of getting back to it, generally tho if you manage your intensity (the weight, sets, reps, & frequency) properly soreness shouldn’t be too major; that said if you are moving any type serious weight you prolly can expect some soreness, which is why a lot of folk do some sort of weekly split w/exercises on different days to avoid overtraining

to some extent it is just part of the (re) acclimation process of getting back to it, generally tho if you manage your intensity (the weight, sets, reps, & frequency) properly soreness shouldn’t be too major; that said if you are moving any type serious weight you prolly can expect some soreness, which is why a lot of folk do some sort of weekly split w/exercises on different days to avoid overtraining
its been about a month
its boxing for cardio then i do 2 leg days and two upper body days
i did legs teusday and im feelin it

also have a problem of my lower back getting super super stiff after 10 min of a workout i think cuz im at a desk all day

need better stretches

Got some work in overseas

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

its been about a month
its boxing for cardio then i do 2 leg days and two upper body days
i did legs teusday and im feelin it

also have a problem of my lower back getting super super stiff after 10 min of a workout i think cuz im at a desk all day

need better stretches

yea, if it’s just been a month it’s probably expected to have soreness…you might need to check your form on movements that involve your low back & be cognizant of your posture when sitting (at your desk or elsewhere)

stretching is cool (there’s research that says in order to really see improvements from stretching, you really have to be consistent both with the time in the stretch & the frequency) but consider loading movements that take you through a full range of motion with said movements that cause soreness, this will actually increase mobility & perhaps flexibility as well; also maybe you aren’t warming up fully or dynamically enough

*edit* coincidentally a similar topic was asked here:

Got some work in overseas

IMG_3019.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3020.jpeg

where?

Last edited:
i've been hitting the gym consistently whats the best way to get through soreness?
bcaa?
I'm doing the same formula as if I had an injury
R - Rest (complete 8 hours without disruption, rest day)
I - Ice (whether Ice Baths, Cold showers, ice packs)
C - Compression (wrapping part of your body that is swelling or in pain)
E - Elevation (raising a part of of your body which is sore above your heart

I will also add, cycling thru your routine or designating target exercises for certain days. I used to do all exercises in a single day but at my current age, my recovery period takes way longer now.

aside from that, I think everyone mentioned what else you can do.

I really should rest today but only 2 classes are open next week. I told my professor ill be there and he decided to have class tues and thurs for anyone who shows up.

2023 almost over. Was a good year.

-Exercised approx 2.5 days a week
-Ate salmon rice veggies approx 3.5 meals / 14 meals
-Did IF all year - first meal 1130 am second meal 5 pm
-Exercise was a mix of hoops, kneeoveetoes, and treadmill.
-Got close to my ideal weight

-Continue to get leaner for long term health
-Increase kneesovertoes exercise frequency
-Switch up b-ball for tennis or pickleball
-Increase to consistent 3x a week

ended up it running back today for xmas eve…did some pull/push sled work, worked up to a failed 285 on bench, doing 7 reps each in 15lb increments from 135 (4 reps @ 255 & 1 rep @ 270). did 3 deadlift doubles @ 510, lockouts were suspect on almost half of them tho, power cleaned 225 1st try 😎, then hit the hot tub & pool for a chill cooldown

happy holidays all, hope y’all all find gainz™️ under the tree 😉

ended up it running back today for xmas eve…did some pull/push sled work, worked up to a failed 285 on bench, doing 7 reps each in 15lb increments from 135 (4 reps @ 255 & 1 rep @ 270). did 3 deadlift doubles @ 510, lockouts were suspect on almost half of them tho, power cleaned 225 1st try 😎, then hit the hot tub & pool for a chill cooldown

happy holidays all, hope y’all all find gainz™️ under the tree 😉

I know you're gonna do what you want so I'll say this: that seems like way too many reps to work your way up to 285.
dahell2.png
If 285 is within 10% of your PR,
ufdup.png

Also, if you accessory lifts aren't on point (lifts, not plyos, calis, conditioning but lifts) aren't on point, I feel like your Big 3 will continue to stagnate and stall.
hubie.png

Back
Top Bottom