STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Just bought some ON today...Delicious Strawberry. Smells good and hopefully it tastes good as well or :x for the next month and a half.

you will be let down with the taste :lol:

Correct...it doesn't even taste like strawberry :x :smh:

water or milk? tried this once with water and it was good enough. thinking about my next tub

I tried it with water, it was horrible tasting to me.

Double Rich Chocolate/Extreme Milk Chocolate >>>

Last edited:
Last edited:
i got a new brand for all you guys to try but Bodybuilding.com doesnt sell it... YET

Giant Sports Delicious Protein, when i say this si the best tasting im serious. If you like the old myofusion (before probiotic) tastes kinda like that but wayyy better. The vanilla flavor actually tastes like vanilla. i mix mine all in water and DAMNNN :smh: too good

The Gold Standard Whey taste good IMO

when i used to drink it, it tasted fine to me as well but then again i mixed it with milk everytime.

i can only imagine it tastes like garbage in water. i dont mess with milk anymore so i gotta buy a brand thats good in water.

when i used to drink it, it tasted fine to me as well but then again i mixed it with milk everytime.
i can only imagine it tastes like garbage in water. i dont mess with milk anymore so i gotta buy a brand thats good in water.

Why dont you mess with milk anymore?

Why dont you mess with milk anymore?

its just not good for you, if it wasnt for greek yogurt i would eliminate it 100%. i havent actually drank milk in over a year.

almond milk>>>>>>>milk

and if you look ON whey cookies and cream then i dare you to try Giant Sports cookies and cream, delicious.

So I work a desk job and orginally when I was using MYfitnessPal app I put that I was Sedetary, and I walked 5 times a week and they reccomended 1800, and I lost prob about 8lbs or more in 3-4 weeks.

I just started starting strength(MWF) and I walk on Tue and Thur, but noticed for the past 2 weeks I was the same weight.

So at work I go to the IF site after seeing some one post it from another site and after putting in my stats (6'3 300lbs, Moderately Active)

It lists my TDEE as being 3789

On my Rest Days it says 2653 (30 percent under TDEE) and on Workout days it says 3410 (10 percent under TDEE)

So If I understand correctly. It estimates that I burn 3789 Calories per day, and on my rest days I should consume 2653, and on my 3 lifting days I should consume 3410??

I`m assuming from what I was doing early my metabolism has slowed down?

Also how important is hitting Macros as long as your calories are in shape?

Should I just go by these numbers and use something like MyfitnessPal to keep count of the calories I take in? ( Do you guys recommend something better?)

I mixed the 2 chocolate flavors of ON with water all the time and it tasted good. As long as you don't add too much water, it tastes good. Ina have to hold my nose when I drink this "Delicious" Strawberry...but even the aftertaste is :x

So I work a desk job and orginally when I was using MYfitnessPal app I put that I was Sedetary, and I walked 5 times a week and they reccomended 1800, and I lost prob about 8lbs or more in 3-4 weeks.

I just started starting strength(MWF) and I walk on Tue and Thur, but noticed for the past 2 weeks I was the same weight.

So at work I go to the IF site after seeing some one post it from another site and after putting in my stats (6'3 300lbs, Moderately Active)

It lists my TDEE as being 3789

On my Rest Days it says 2653 (30 percent under TDEE) and on Workout days it says 3410 (10 percent under TDEE)

So If I understand correctly. It estimates that I burn 3789 Calories per day, and on my rest days I should consume 2653, and on my 3 lifting days I should consume 3410??

I`m assuming from what I was doing early my metabolism has slowed down?

Also how important is hitting Macros as long as your calories are in shape?

Should I just go by these numbers and use something like MyfitnessPal to keep count of the calories I take in? ( Do you guys recommend something better?)

Yes, you understand the TDEE correctly. As for putting moderately active on the site, I think that's wrong.

I have a desk job as well and even though I go to the gym 3x a week, I still put my activity level as sedentary. If I were in your position, I'd put the activity level to Sedentary on the IF site if you want to lose weight.

As for macros...losing weight is calories in vs calories out in the simplest form. Therefore, as long as you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.

As for programs, I didn't like MyFitnessPal...I use Calorie Counter.

I mixed the 2 chocolate flavors of ON with water all the time and it tasted good. As long as you don't add too much water, it tastes good. Ina have to hold my nose when I drink this "Delicious" Strawberry...but even the aftertaste is :x
Yes, you understand the TDEE correctly. As for putting moderately active on the site, I think that's wrong.
I have a desk job as well and even though I go to the gym 3x a week, I still put my activity level as sedentary. If I were in your position, I'd put the activity level to Sedentary on the IF site if you want to lose weight.
As for macros...losing weight is calories in vs calories out in the simplest form. Therefore, as long as you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.

Is the app called Calorie Counter? Cause when I type it in first result is Myfitnnesspal

is it recommend that I boost intake on workout days as the IF site recommends?

Zyzz, i could of sworn mens fitness among other health publications have always recommended milk as part of your diet. The calcium on top of the casein protein at night before you go to sleep.

Enlighten me with more details on why its so bad for us, im interested. Maybe ill cut it too. But i love greek yogurt, its the only semi-treat i can have without feeling guilty.

Greek Yogurt + Fresh Berries = :D

you can easily do research, i mean its one mans opinion :lol: just because i said its bad doesnt mean anything. its just what i decide to do it while others say its amazing for you, thats them.

there was a thread about milk being bad for you but this was 1-2 years ago i think. a google search will pull some things up for you. once you read some things then its up to you to decide whether you want to drink it or not.

But I don't wanna google, I want to learn from you Zyzz.

Was stuck on 196 for a week after a good 1-2lb loss per week over the last month, checked the scale earlier at the gym and I was at 193.
eek.gif

I honestly did not believe it cause I didnt do as much running as last week, and I did go out for beers during my friends BBQ the other day and I dropped weight. And the scale isnt wrong, I put a weight on the scale for good measure and it was .1 off.

Feels goodman.
pimp.gif

Is the app called Calorie Counter? Cause when I type it in first result is Myfitnnesspal

is it recommend that I boost intake on workout days as the IF site recommends?

Yeah, the app is called Calorie Counter.

As for boosting intake on workout days...I don't. I used to just lower my carbs on rest days but it became too much of a hassle. Some may say to do so, others may say it's not needed. It's all about personal preference, I think.

I'm 5'9" 180 lbs and my TDEE according to a macro excel I found on bb.com is ~2300 calories. I try to eat a maximum of 1800 a day, 6 days a week but I usually eat 1900-2000 anyways. On Saturdays, I just eat at maintenance so I feel like I have a "cheat day" but I'm not undoing any work from the week.

Anybody ever feel light headed at the gym? Also, anybody know what causes it?
A bunch of reasons. Maybe you are dehydrated, didnt eat. I used to feel a little woozy after a hard set, but now I make sure to even have a banana before I work out and I never had the problem again.

So all those Milk commercials are full of lies now??? Drank milk my entire life, no problems for me, and I'm tall.

Anybody ever feel light headed at the gym? Also, anybody know what causes it?

A bunch of reasons. Maybe you are dehydrated, didnt eat. I used to feel a little woozy after a hard set, but now I make sure to even have a banana before I work out and I never had the problem again.

Hmm, maybe I didn't eat close enough to the time I went. I cheated and ate a cheese steak and fries about 5-6 hours prior to going to the gym...

As for dehydration, not possible. I drink upwards of 60-80 fl oz of water in 1 gym session.

Hmm...

Back
Top Bottom