STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

you can DL 495lbs but can only bench 95?

*****?
:nerd:

My goal is to deadlift 495.

95 isn't too challenging for me weight wise, but I want to lock down my bench technique before going up in weight. That's where my problem is.

what are you doing for DLs now? how much do you weigh? what are you squatting? i'm really goddamn confused as to how your DL goal is 5 times the weight of what you can bench.

i know everyone is different but what's a really good weight to deadlift/bench if you weight around 160?

so far i managed to only get up to 225lbs DL....

i think what seems to be the consensus for "good" is:

bench = 1.5*BW
squat = 2*BW
DL = 2.5*BW

I'm 160. Squat 205, working to get to 225 3x8 sets. RDL 3x5 at 275. Haven't done regular deadlifts in a couple weeks though.

I came from Planet Fitness at the end of February, if I remember correctly. Going from a smith machine to regular barbells was a pain. I locked down my squat form, and deadlift, but my bench has always slacked.

I know it's not much, but I can push up 135 3x5, but the form isn't 'perfect' to me, so I'm working my way back up.

One of these dudes ima sock one of the dudes who walk around the locker room butt *** nekid in the face. Can't stand that ****.

iLLest!

lol then they have the nerve to SIT on the locker room benches butt naked too SMH. Like damn I cant even sit on the bench now

Last edited:
but work on your bench. 95lbs is crazy weak. I didnt even start out at that my first time when i was only 125lbs at age 15. I was putting up 105 down to my chest n up.

I dont even wanna know how many pushups you can do. :x

To me bench is important its the most popular lift.

lol then they have the nerve to SIT on the locker room benches butt naked too SMH. Like damn I cant even sit on the bench now

My dude. I walked in today,

1 dude was on the scale naked.
1 dude was washing his hands naked.
1 dude was using the hand dryer naked.
1 dude was flexing in the mirror naked.

I was putting **** in the locker and look to my right and dude is straight up naked! I let it be known I was pissed though.

People have no shame.

iLLest!
:lol: :lol:

I don't even mess with the locker room at my gym anymore, can't even was my hands without some 90 year old dude standing next to me drying his balls out.

Last edited:
its always that one dude thats sauntering around the locker room, drying his balls, that you never see in the actual gym working out....

Last edited:
its always that one dude thats sauntering around the locker room, drying his balls, that you never see in the actual gym working out....

Last edited:
I see it as a rite of passage. Ive spent my whole life in the gym working out, I deserve to hang loose when im old.

so he can diagnose it and see for sure? i mean my regular doctor thought it was something else or a muscle tear and told me just rest a bit and dont do too much but i could still go to the gym which was well stupid advice.
He can fix it surgically, which it sounds like is what you need. Of course, it might not be a hernia. But everything you've said about it sounds like a hernia. You also have the option to let it heal on its own, but that takes weeks and there's no guarantees. Recovery period post-op is typically 6 weeks no heavy lifting, but at least it will be fixed.

This one gentleman I see at the gym every morning in the locker room always stands naked, puts his leg on a bench, and puts lotion on his penis with 2 hands. And he really be strooooooking it too.

It is pretty 
sick.gif
 x 
mean.gif
 x 
indifferent.gif

you can DL 495lbs but can only bench 95?

*****?
:nerd:

My goal is to deadlift 495.

95 isn't too challenging for me weight wise, but I want to lock down my bench technique before going up in weight. That's where my problem is.

what are you doing for DLs now? how much do you weigh? what are you squatting? i'm really goddamn confused as to how your DL goal is 5 times the weight of what you can bench.

i know everyone is different but what's a really good weight to deadlift/bench if you weight around 160?

so far i managed to only get up to 225lbs DL....

i think what seems to be the consensus for "good" is:

bench = 1.5*BW
squat = 2*BW
DL = 2.5*BW

Damb this is just considered "good"?.....i feel like a weakling if this is true....

I'm 180lbs 6 foot tall. I max squat 335lbs....max deadlift 365 lbs and my max bench is 185lbs

I may be able to get to a one rep max of 360 squat....but no way i could DL 450lbs and i know my bench is super weak...but i am cool with it honestly lol I am shooting for 225lbs....not 270

My dude. I walked in today,

1 dude was on the scale naked.
1 dude was washing his hands naked.
1 dude was using the hand dryer naked.
1 dude was flexing in the mirror naked.

I was putting **** in the locker and look to my right and dude is straight up naked! I let it be known I was pissed though.

People have no shame.

iLLest!
You American's are so shocked when it comes to nudity. Like here in Finland that **** is normal.

This one gentleman I see at the gym every morning in the locker room always stands naked, puts his leg on a bench, and puts lotion on his penis with 2 hands. And he really be strooooooking it too.

It is pretty 
sick.gif

x 
mean.gif

x 
indifferent.gif

Im mad you were look at him stooooooooooking it tho >D

j/k

I rarely sit on the benches anymore, Im mainly standing when I change my clothes. I took it back to Middle School when we 1st had to change clothes for gym and everyone didnt want to sit down. You stand in that corner and change quickly so you wouldnt see anyone's penis. However it doesnt phase me, its usually old men in general that have no shame and at my gym its all races but the Asians moreso.

On another note, this cutting is no joke, cutting at 2200 calories Myfitnesspal is clutch when it comes to this. :smokin

Damb this is just considered "good"?.....i feel like a weakling if this is true....

I'm 180lbs 6 foot tall. I max squat 335lbs....max deadlift 365 lbs and my max bench is 185lbs

I may be able to get to a one rep max of 360 squat....but no way i could DL 450lbs and i know my bench is super weak...but i am cool with it honestly lol I am shooting for 225lbs....not 270
I hear you man, but you have to add in the amount of time you have actually been lifting. Some people don't understand the concept of progressive overloading and if you don't do that then those numbers won't go up. Also if you start out by trying to cut fat at a caloric deficit it will be hard to gain a big amount of strength. 

Personally I don't see many people at my gym doing those numbers for those lifts in comparison to their body weight. **** I haven't seen more than a couple people doing DLs period 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
but work on your bench. 95lbs is crazy weak. I didnt even start out at that my first time when i was only 125lbs at age 15. I was putting up 105 down to my chest n up.

I dont even wanna know how many pushups you can do. :x

To me bench is important its the most popular lift.

Push-ups is no problem. .. I should just buy a weighted vest and focus on those since I can knock out a solid amount with reps.

I'm switching to a split starting April too, so I know I'll start getting better results then.

It is pretty 
sick.gif

x 
mean.gif

x 
indifferent.gif

I would report him to management. Even if he's not fully aroused or anything that's still really obvious cruising and trying to draw people's attention to his junk.

I hear you man, but you have to add in the amount of time you have actually been lifting. Some people don't understand the concept of progressive overloading and if you don't do that then those numbers won't go up. Also if you start out by trying to cut fat at a caloric deficit it will be hard to gain a big amount of strength. 

Personally I don't see many people at my gym doing those numbers for those lifts in comparison to their body weight. **** I haven't seen more than a couple people doing DLs period :lol:

Yeah i hear you. Ive only been really lifting for 2 years now...but i just started deadlifting the past 6 months. It basically took me a year or more to get comfortable doing certain things in the gym. When i started squatting and deadlifting it would kill my lower back...took me a while to get good form and be comfortable going heavier.

But there are only 2 dudes at my gym that go really heavy. The most ive seen him DL is 635...and he is a good 300lb dude. He squats 495ish. Can anyone in this thread DL 2.5x their BW or Squat 2x their BW??

bench = 1.5*BW
squat = 2*BW
DL = 2.5*BW
Is this 'good' for like a full 3x5 or is this meaning if you can do at least one rep of them at that weight, it's 'good'?

I'm definitely not there on any of those categories.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom