STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

LuckyLuchiano and jcmojica2, what are you guys' workout routines? (Weight loss). I'll do about 30-45 minutes on the elliptical, then about 10 minutes of strength training (I know |I ).

10 min? LOL bruh do starting strength ASAP and go from there, save cardio for days you don't lift.

Man water weight is so disheartening. Went out for the game had 10 wings and fries came home 7lbs heavier lol

You weigh yourself WAYYYY too much. Damn dude.

LuckyLuchiano and jcmojica2, what are you guys' workout routines? (Weight loss). I'll do about 30-45 minutes on the elliptical, then about 10 minutes of strength training (I know |I ).

Def do more than 10 mins man! I work out 4 days then take one day for rest and start the cycle all over again. I do a 10 minute warmup on the treadmill and then go lift. I finish it off with a 30 minute walk on the treadmill at a comfortable speed (4). The fourth day is just cardio only for me. One hour on the treadmill and that's it. I've been doing that quite a while and have seen great results from it. Hope that helps

so i have read multiple articles stating that drinking chocolate milk after your workouts is good for you. im starting today to see how i feel after i take my protein.

Last edited:
Anyone not drink? I drink like 1-2 times a year. Sucks that everyone I know only want to go hang out at bars, smh I need some fitness pals irl

so i have read multiple articles stating that drinking chocolate milk after your workouts is good for you. im starting today to see how i feel after i take my protein.

chocolate milk is supposed to be your post workout shake, you don't drink that and protein powder.

From what I heard, chocolate milk has the perfect ratio of protein, carbs, And sugars. The upside is that it is cheaper

Anyone not drink? I drink like 1-2 times a year. Sucks that everyone I know only want to go hang out at bars, smh I need some fitness pals irl

Hate drinking... Had a XX two weekends ago, new years before that, Halloween before that. Empty calories out the *** !

That, and I was tired of it before 18...which isn't farfetched when I say I started drinking at age 12 :{

I'm 6ft 220,trying to get down to 180 at least by next February. Been jogging four miles everyday and doing three 1 hour days of strength training a week. I've had a couple of people tell me to just cut out the strength training while I'm trying to lose weight, but that sounds dumb to me. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing to reach my goal or cut out the weights for now?

I'm 6ft 220,trying to get down to 180 at least by next February. Been jogging four miles everyday and doing three 1 hour days of strength training a week. I've had a couple of people tell me to just cut out the strength training while I'm trying to lose weight, but that sounds dumb to me. Should I just keep doing what I'm doing to reach my goal or cut out the weights for now?

Keep lifting. Replace jogging 4 miles with HIIT. Diet is so most important part, eat right and the pounds will disappear in no time.

Impressive, but you know as well as I do that 5 guys aren't enough proof, especially when all of the models on simply shredded.com all eat breakfast, and dudes like Phil Heath, Ronnie, Chris Jones, the list goes on man, you guys don't have to eat breakfast, but don't say it's a myth

****** dont eat breakfast? where yall do that at? if i dont eat breakfast i get bloated and i get tired by the time its time to lift. i eat first thing when i wake up because it gives me energy for the day. If i eat late i have little energy as opposed to eating when i get up.

breakfast is biggest meal. should always be.

Bicycles help a lot of guys too.

you mean the machines or real bicycles?

i only eat breakfast when i push myself to. I rarely have appetite that early in the morning. I'll have a banana or an orange, or a poptart or a shake, but it's hard to have much more than that. somedays I'll push myself and eat oatmeal, but then I'm full for a while after that.

I used to drink quite often but ever since I dedicated myself to getting in shape I've only gotten drink a handful of times.

even so, you still need to lift with intensity and have a decent diet
Word not denying that at all.

10 min? LOL bruh do starting strength ASAP and go from there, save cardio for days you don't lift.

Man water weight is so disheartening. Went out for the game had 10 wings and fries came home 7lbs heavier lol
Stop weighing yourself so much.

I do it because my calories are based on my weight
How much do your calories change for a fluctuation of a few pounds?

On the breakfast thing, I'm basically always mad hungry when I first wake up. I've done both IF and eating large breakfasts and I definitely feel better and am more productive when I eat breakfast. That said, if I'm trying to limit caloric intake, it's much easier to do if I skip breakfast completely. I don't think there's one right way of doing it - depends on the individual. However, if you skip breakfast and are having trouble putting on weight, you should be eatin breakfast.

Last edited:
I drink when I go out with the fellas or my lady friends. All the time. All I really drink is whiskey (scotch, bourbon) though. I dont like beer. there's only about 70 cals per ounce of whiskey, so it's really not so bad. and there's zero bloat from it. if anything, it kinda acts as a thermo hahaha makes it hot!

I drink when I go out with the fellas or my lady friends. All the time. All I really drink is whiskey (scotch, bourbon) though. I dont like beer. there's only about 70 cals per ounce of whiskey, so it's really not so bad. and there's zero bloat from it. if anything, it kinda acts as a thermo hahaha makes it hot!
Same here, Whiskey neat.  None of that fruity sugary stuff. 

Word not denying that at all.
Stop weighing yourself so much.
How much do your calories change for a fluctuation of a few pounds?

On the breakfast thing, I'm basically always mad hungry when I first wake up. I've done both IF and eating large breakfasts and I definitely feel better and am more productive when I eat breakfast. That said, if I'm trying to limit caloric intake, it's much easier to do if I skip breakfast completely. I don't think there's one right way of doing it - depends on the individual. However, if you skip breakfast and are having trouble putting on weight, you should be eatin breakfast.

Every pound loss my calories drop by 10

Back
Top Bottom