STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

These comments about tall guys not being able to squat with depth or do lunges, C'mon man. That's a poor excuse for lack of flexibility and mobility.

im 6'4, i got no problems squating or doing lunges ( we do work harder than shorter guys tho, longer range of motion ) but deadlifts are the worst... cant keep good posture with out the bar banging my shins/knees. Have to do them on a smith machine with stoppers so I pick it up from mid shin level and not the ground. short folk def got it easier

These comments about tall guys not being able to squat with depth or do lunges, C'mon man. That's a poor excuse for lack of flexibility and mobility.

im 6'4, i got no problems squating or doing lunges ( we do work harder than shorter guys tho, longer range of motion ) but deadlifts are the worst... cant keep good posture with out the bar banging my shins/knees. Have to do them on a smith machine with stoppers so I pick it up from mid shin level and not the ground. short folk def got it easier
I;m only 6 ft tall but I hate deadlifts because my arms are so long (6'7 wingspan) and then I use these huge *** dumbbells so they touch the ground then drag up my shins.

can someone reccomend a good calorie intake calculator? need to know what my daily intake should be - never kept track before and would like to start. thanks bros.

http://www.fitday.com although I found most of their listings to be off and got annoyed of making so many custom entries, but now since I eat the same thing so often it would be less of a hassle if I still used it. I track mine in a notebook though, used to just use an index card book

I'm 6'2 and lunges throw me off :lol:

Glad to know it isn't me :lol:

I'm 6'3". Always slam my back knee on the ground when doing lunges for some reason :lol:

Legs today:

Squats
Leg extensions (hadn't done this exercise in months)
Lunges
Calf raises with barbell

Will do DLs tomorrow on back day. Used to combine them with squats.

http://www.fitday.com although I found most of their listings to be off and got annoyed of making so many custom entries, but now since I eat the same thing so often it would be less of a hassle if I still used it. I track mine in a notebook though, used to just use an index card book

Thanks dude. Really just looking for an initial baseline of how much I should be intaking per day. I can keep track of the cals on my own. Is there any good method / calculator for that?

I havent done lunges in years. Just tried some..

What am i supposed to do with my back foot? Feels weird..

I'm 5'9 :tongue:

Last edited:
I havent done lunges in years. Just tried some..

What am i supposed to do with my back foot? Feels weird..

I'm 5'9 :tongue:

Granted she is using no weight so with weights you will just hold them at your side. :smokin

Last edited:
I love walking lunges. I do 1 or 2 sets with body weight. Then add dbs or bb. I do about 5 or 6 sets of 20 steps each.

LOL at saying its easier for shorter guys to squat and bench heavy weight...

All I hear is excuses... just get under the bar and squat

New to this thread... didn't know there was one. Got introduced to it via the FB page.

Anyway, been a chubby guy my whole life. Here's a little article I wrote up on getting "Fat to Fit" last year.

http://www.nowallsstanding.com/fat-to-fit/

Always a work in progress. I hope to poke in here and learn some new stuff and also provide whatever knowledge I have with you all. Cheers!

Can anyone advise on what the 5x5 routine is as well as some suggestions on workouts for that.
5x5 implies 5 sets of 5 reps each. Nice balance between hypertrophy and strength especially for beginners. Should be applied to your major barbell lifts. Look up strong lifts 5x5 or mad cow 5x5

I would highly recommend Layne Nortons PHAT routine. I did it a few summers ago And got great results. Started again this past werk

Did back, and Biceps today. Had some Qdoba after my session too.

I really hate stiff legged Deadlifts. That "stretch" when you go down... :x.

Back
Top Bottom