STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

do any of you guys take any pre-workout supplements?

i'm looking to try 'white flood reborn'.. i've read positive reviews on it.. and i know controlled labs makes good stuff (i use their multivitamin.. and going try out their greens supp too)

i've tried the vega sport pre-workout energenizer (since i wanted something without a bunch of crap in it).. it was ok, but i want a little more.. also tried their 'recovery accelerator'

Last edited:

i'm looking to try 'white flood reborn'.. i've read positive reviews on it.. and i know controlled labs makes good stuff (i use their multivitamin.. and going try out their greens supp too)

i've tried the vega sport pre-workout energenizer (since i wanted something without a bunch of crap in it).. it was ok, but i want a little more.. also tried their 'recovery accelerator'

I use Cellucor's C4 product when i feel like i need it...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cellucor/c4-extreme.html

pre-workout meal for breakfast.

options I've tried: dried apple chips (kirkland brand) dipped in peanut butter (two hours before workout)
: oatmeal (reg. size bowl) 2 hours before workout, followed by a banana like an hour before the workout
:2 bananas (an hour before workout)

I've noticed on somedays I'm light-headed and my body just doesn't feel right throughout the workout, however, if I do one of those workout meals I'm usually straight. That's in the morning though. My issue is when I workout during the day or in the evening (well after lunch but right before I'd eat dinner) . I hate not being able to go hard because I'm starting to feel light headed and have to "gather myself." Should I eat a meal MEAL ? Or like a "workout snack" ? I workout at like 6:30pm and I usually don't eat a full dinner cuz I know afterwards I'll be hungry again. This workout is bootcamp style and lasts an hour. S

I'm thinking maybe a single chicken breast and some broccoli or something? Is my issue water ? I don't think so though, cuz even when I'm drinking water during the workout I still sometimes get light-headed. Anybody had a problem similar to this? Serious solutions only please.

I use to workout fasted in the AM or after work and still had good workouts no pre workouts needed. Idk could be mental, we're all different. I like to eat 2 hours + before gym if I am gonna eat, by then all the food is digested and I don't have that itis feeling

i usually train with higher intensity when i'm fasted early in the morning. it's probably because the stims hit hard on an empty stomach. endurance is another thing though. at the end of an hour, my gas tank is empty. i only get an hour to hit the weights here at work anyway.

If anyone is located in the Las Vegas area, I would suggest checking this gym out. http://www.realresultsfitness.com/

I just joined a few weeks ago and the gym is unlike anything I've seen before.  Group classes and kind of similar to crossfit.  Started out at 15% body fat (6'1, 192 lbs) and super excited about seeing how far I can push myself.  Easily the most intense workouts I have ever done.  Most days go something like this.  Warmup (jump rope, jumping jacks, etc.), then 3 12 minute circuits of like 8 different exercises, then abs and stretching.  Anyways, you guys definitely help me stay motivated and can't wait to share to hopefully share my progress w/ you all

incorrect, no one knows.

you are guessing you are getting 4 grams less but it could be more.

the proteins i buy dont have those ingredients in them so im good

and theres no way for you to know that the protein you choose are actually listing the correct profile on the jug very reputable company have received lots of scrutiny in the last couple mnths

bttm line if u choose to take supplements u really dont know what your taking

and phase 8 isnt a bad protein

calculated my body fat (used an internet site) I'm at 22%.... BMI is 20 (from my doctor). I figure I'm doing pretty ok :pimp: :pimp:

**edit mental? I don't know... maybe... I'll continue to do research on it though.

Last edited:
incorrect, no one knows.

you are guessing you are getting 4 grams less but it could be more.

the proteins i buy dont have those ingredients in them so im good

and theres no way for you to know that the protein you choose are actually listing the correct profile on the jug very reputable company have received lots of scrutiny in the last couple mnths

bttm line if u choose to take supplements u really dont know what your taking

and phase 8 isnt a bad protein

phase 8 is trash, point blank and so is every other company using those ingredients to boost their protein claims on the label.

i posted it earlier: taurine and glycine being counted as part of the total protein macro.
it's become one of the main selling points for the new usp labs protein:
NO CHEAP FILLER AMINO BLENDS DISGUISED AS PROTEIN
OxyELITE Protein is also world-class for what it doesn't contain. Due to a test developed in the 1800s and still used today, your protein may be loaded with cheap "filler" aminos such as glycine, alanine and taurine. They can be added to protein because when analyzed using these dated tests, they increase the total nitrogen content of the product, making it appear as if it has more protein than it really does. Run, don't walk, from amino blends added to protein products.*

phase 8 is trash, point blank and so is every other company using those ingredients to boost their protein claims on the label.

What are these ingredients and claims?

glycine and taurine

boosts protein numbers, so the actual protein you are getting from whey is actually less.

who knows how much REAL protein you are getting and im willing to bet its not much or at least anywhere near the 20+ they say it has

235 this morning
smile.gif

Actually upped my calorie intake last 3 days and just upped my activity level.

Gotta keep going.

Will check back in.
Stuck at 231. 

Been 4 days, restricted my calorie intake to 800 calories for one day, nothing.

did intermittent fasting, that didn't help.

switched up my exercises, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!

I'm getting MAD frustrated.

bout break the scale. 
mad.gif
mad.gif

I just finished taking jack3d. Its not bad. You get a great pump IMO. I am taking Assault right now. I like it a lot more than jack3d because it has creatine in it and I feel like I have more energy with this supp.

Stuck at 231. 

Been 4 days, restricted my calorie intake to 800 calories for one day, nothing.

did intermittent fasting, that didn't help.

switched up my exercises, WHAT AM I DOING WRONG!!!!

I'm getting MAD frustrated.

bout break the scale. 
mad.gif
mad.gif
Eat more, 800 calories is a quick way to **** up your metabolism. Also many guys in here don't live by the scale, but the mirror. But more importantly don't weigh yourself every 4 days, give it at least 7 and you will see results, make sure you do it at the same time on the same day each week like after taking a ****.
calculated my body fat (used an internet site) I'm at 22%.... BMI is 20 (from my doctor). I figure I'm doing pretty ok
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

**edit mental? I don't know... maybe... I'll continue to do research on it though.
Those aren't very accurate to be honest. Just like stepping on a scale that tells you body fat, it doesn't take into account for muscle.

Last edited:
Just found out you can put canned cinnamon roll dough in a waffle maker DEER GAWD
Sounds nasty - srs.

800 calories a day though? That's borderline anorexia brah. Up the calorie count.

Anyone struggling with their OHP, try bring your grip in and screwing your hands into the bar right before you unrack it (not sure if this statement makes sense). I've been having trouble with my press the past few weeks, but I brought my grip back in today and was hitting sets of 5x135 no issues. Should be able to get that 5x160 PR I've been going for shortly.

Sounds nasty - srs.

800 calories a day though? That's borderline anorexia brah. Up the calorie count.

Anyone struggling with their OHP, try bring your grip in and screwing your hands into the bar right before you unrack it (not sure if this statement makes sense). I've been having trouble with my press the past few weeks, but I brought my grip back in today and was hitting sets of 5x135 no issues. Should be able to get that 5x160 PR I've been going for shortly.
I love OHP, just gotta make sure to push your head through at the top. Ive just started increasing the weight on mine after being stuck at 135 for awhile. My goal is 185 (bodyweight basically).

Just ordered my Romaleos baby, once they get here its a WRAP 
smokin.gif

I love OHP, just gotta make sure to push your head through at the top. Ive just started increasing the weight on mine after being stuck at 135 for awhile. My goal is 185 (bodyweight basically).

Just ordered my Romaleos baby, once they get here its a WRAP :smokin

lol I been stuck at like 130-135 forever, yet my seated DB press and Arnold press have gone up

Back
Top Bottom