STAY/GET BACK IN SHAPE VOL 3.0 -- A New Niketalk = A New Thread

Does anybody know where I can get a good punching bad stand?
I need a a sturdy that can hold 100 pound bad.
I keep seeing ones online but they have bad reviews that say you will need to add weights to hold it down.

You guys ever start shaking up your protein without the lid properly closed?
Looks like someone sharted all over my kitchenware
:smh:

There's gotta be a way to tag people when you post, like @'ing people.

Anyway, Durden, yeah you work in the medical field?

As a physical therapist? Did you have to go to school to get into that?

You know, my story is messed around and got two bachelors in humanities, but now working on PT cert, which is maybe 40% complete.

But the medical field is also naturally my fit, since I like to help people.

So your advice, either about getting into that, or whether it's worth it at all?

You like that chit? Fullfilling?

There's gotta be a way to tag people when you post, like @'ing people.

Anyway, Durden, yeah you work in the medical field?

As a physical therapist? Did you have to go to school to get into that?

You know, my story is messed around and got two bachelors in humanities, but now working on PT cert, which is maybe 40% complete.

But the medical field is also naturally my fit, since I like to help people.

So your advice, either about getting into that, or whether it's worth it at all?

You like that chit? Fullfilling?

You could send him a PM.

Sorry if this has been asked before but what food should I eat to help with weight loss. Diet is my biggest problem.

OMMMMGGGGGGG

I am so sore. how can i stop this

i normally dont work out but i did for like 2 mins 2days ago and im in so much pain

please tell me that this isnt a reoccuring thing

aint no way athletes be liftin and then go out nd perform at an elite level feeling like this

OMMMMGGGGGGG

i normally dont work out but i did for like 2 mins 2days ago and im in so much pain

aint no way athletes be liftin and then go out nd perform at an elite level feeling like this

not sure if srs.

OMMMMGGGGGGG

Went to post serious response.... then thought Nah you trolling

i always get a chuckle out of guys loading the bar and their "OHP" ROM is barely even down to their nose.

Ya. I rarely see people pressing in my gym, though the few that do actually use pretty good form - light weights - clearly starting strength influenced. So it's not all bad. It's a pretty humbling lift, just because it takes a lot of work to even reach 135

Chest day for me today brethern. Week 2 of my 5x5 in an attempt to reach my goal of 100lb db press. did 70lb dbs last week for the 5x5.....going 75 this week. CANT WAIT!!!

DL's on saturday and im already excited. 2 weeks ago i did 365...last week i did 385....going to try to get to my 405 goal this week. I did two reps at 385 last week. So hopefully i can at least get one rep up of 405. No drinking for me on friday night good breakfast and at it on Saturday. Been really lifting now for 2.5 years...and have been dying to get any lift to that 4 plate feel :smokin

sidebar: Its crazy when you look back on it. When i started lifting i remember shaking to bench 115lb on the bar....i remember squating 225 and it was a struggle. Crazy how much you learn too over that time. From form...to what works and what doesn't...its a slow slow climb for some of us. This is what always makes me question these NFL reports "he put on 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason"....i put on 10 lbs of muscle...about 5 lbs of fat im sure....in 2.5 years. Started lifting at 168lbs....i weigh about 185 now.

Keep up the good work stay fit fam

Changed my routine. Warm up with a run or bike, then workout heavyweights wth 6-8 reps each set, rest 15-20 seconds between sets, fast paced and intense. Been good so far gained muscle mass and strength went up

went out last night with my homies. Was able to avoid eating the chili cheese fries, spam wasabi, stuffed pork burger at the bar. Avoided the bottle while they passin it around. Also able to avoid ordering burgers and fries after the bar at the drive thru after. Maybe if it was a planned Friday/Saturday and I had saved some calories I woulda took couple shots but this was a random got hit up to kick it type of night.

Iono if y'all remember the 2nd degree burn on my arm from 3-4 weeks back but here's what it look like now

before:

Last edited:
From form...to what works and what doesn't...its a slow slow climb for some of us. This is what always makes me question these NFL reports "he put on 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason"....i put on 10 lbs of muscle...about 5 lbs of fat im sure....in 2.5 years. Started lifting at 168lbs....i weigh about 185 now.

That's because it simply isn't true lol

It basically means a player has put on weight while working out and not gained the weight from sitting on the couch eating fast food.

Gaining 10lbs of legit muscle over the offseason... Get the hell out lol

From form...to what works and what doesn't...its a slow slow climb for some of us. This is what always makes me question these NFL reports "he put on 10 lbs of muscle in the offseason"....i put on 10 lbs of muscle...about 5 lbs of fat im sure....in 2.5 years. Started lifting at 168lbs....i weigh about 185 now.

That's because it simply isn't true lol

It basically means a player has put on weight while working out and not gained the weight from sitting on the couch eating fast food.

Gaining 10lbs of legit muscle over the offseason... Get the hell out lol

I remember coming into this year they were saying that about mike vick....some reports say 4lbs of muscle then some say this

Shelved 11 times due to various injuries over the last three campaigns, Philadelphia Eagles star Michael Vick has adhered to head coach Chip Kelly’s new training regimen and already added nine pounds of muscle this offseason. The 32-year-old Vick, who inked a three-year contract with Philadelphia in February that could be worth $10 million, was listed as a 6-foot, 215 pound quarterback going into 2012

I remember Sal Pal on ESPN saying this and me staring at the tv like...Ok suurrrreeeeee

If you're privy to the best trainers/supplements in the world, what is a realistic amount of muscle one can put on in a NFL offseason? I mean, not to get on JKing, but your lifestyle/workouts are 1000% different than what Michael Vick is putting himself through from January - August.

Regardless, a trained athlete is not suddenly going to do something resulting in pounds of pure muscle mass in a few months. People new to fitness can capitalize on newb gains with the right training and nutrition, but it is literally impossible to gain "20 pounds of muscle in 90 days" as these ridiculous programs tout. Weight...sure. Not pure muscle.

Regardless, a trained athlete is not suddenly going to do something resulting in pounds of pure muscle mass in a few months. People new to fitness can capitalize on newb gains with the right training and nutrition, but it is literally impossible to gain "20 pounds of muscle in 90 days" as these ridiculous programs tout. Weight...sure. Not pure muscle.

Well, what's a realistic # as far as muscle to put on in the span of 7 months (for a NFL athlete)?

These are professional athletes with some of the best nutritionist and trainers.

Putting on muscle and weight in that term frame isn't that hard.

Or you didn't see the amount of muscle RG3 put on?

Nikolov Tskitisvili put on an incredible amount of wieght, like over 20lbs allegedly lbs over 1 offseason while only increasing his bf% by 2 pts. I remember reading stories about him being in there over 7 hrs and then literally having to lock/drag him out

Last edited:
Link me to proof that dude put on that much pure muscle in that time frame. Naturally. With accurate BF #s to prove it.

Not even going to bother with the RG3 thing, no offense. Putting on mass and putting on pure muscle shouldn't be confused. C'mon people.

These are professional athletes with some of the best nutritionist and trainers.

Putting on muscle and weight in that term frame isn't that hard.

Or you didn't see the amount of muscle RG3 put on?
not sure if serious?

You have any before or after pics of RG3 not a ******** fan so unaware of his size.

Back
Top Bottom